Windows 10: Long restart/shutdown, Event Log 200

Discus and support Long restart/shutdown, Event Log 200 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. Very recently I started to have an issue with my shutdown/restart. From few seconds to like 2 minutes. It doesn't happen every time. Every few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/heewit, Feb 14, 2021.

1. /u/heewit Win User

Long restart/shutdown, Event Log 200

Hello. Very recently I started to have an issue with my shutdown/restart. From few seconds to like 2 minutes. It doesn't happen every time. Every few restarts problem comes back. The event log shows Error with event ID 200. I tried to kill some services but the problem is still there. I haven't made any changes with the PC or install anything. Just regular updates. Windows version 20H2.

I did some registry changes that I found online but it didn't help either. Does anyone have a clue or can help me out to solve the problem?

submitted by /u/heewit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/heewit, Feb 14, 2021
  2. oldeboye Win User

Restart and shutdown do not function from START button

If I select restart or shutdown from the log in screen, they work. Both also work from safe mode with networking.

Nothing obvious in the event log.

Any suggestions for the next step?

oldeboye, Feb 14, 2021
  3. odddray Win User
    random shutdown problem in event log

im expierenceing random shutdowns when playing games but the wierd part is is that the mouse stays on and the keybaord. and when i wiggle the mouse the computer boots up.

would this weird error be an error in the the event log.
    if so what would it be under????

odddray, Feb 14, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

How to check log about when computer shutdown, sleep and restart ?

Hi, try
    Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows
    and the related tutorials listed following the text.

More: Google search (e.g) for
    sleep event id
    shut down event id
    etc

dalchina, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Long restart/shutdown, Event Log 200 - Similar Threads - Long restart shutdown

2. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  3. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  4. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs: Hi, I had a question regarding the logistics of Windows Event Log. I'm trying to build a service that depends on time, and am trying to use Windows Event Log's timestamps for specific events, mainly power-related events such as Restart/Shutdown/Dirty Shutdown and Time...
  6. Slow shutdown with event id 200 and 203

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow shutdown with event id 200 and 203: hi, every time i shutdown my laptop it takes unusual time and logging warning 200 and 203 in event viewer, i tried selective shutdown with non microsoft services turned off but the result is same, can anyone help me solve this thing..[ATTACH]...
  7. Stuck on Shutdown/Restart Screen for too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Shutdown/Restart Screen for too long: i will try to be as short as possible , i am running windows 10 2004 on ADATA SU630 480 Gb Sata SSD i never had this issue before , when i try to shutdown or restart my pc it takes ages , i don't have any issue with booting windows when pc is off its fast at first i thought...
  8. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: I moved this post from general discussions where it got completely buried. I'm sure every one of us is getting these errors in windows 10 This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server...
  9. Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10

Long shutdown and restart time in Windows 10: That will certainly fix the issue. Thank you. I updated the windows 10 to Build 16299.371 and it shuts off much faster than before however Restart still takes a lot of time. Pretty much happy with the performance as well. Lets see how Windows 10 April update performs.
  10. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the...