Windows 10: Long stretch of occasional BSODs

Discus and support Long stretch of occasional BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello hello! So I've been having some issues with my PC. Since the start of this year, my machine has been having issues with occasional BSODs. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Heek222, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Heek222 Win User

Long stretch of occasional BSODs

Hello hello!

So I've been having some issues with my PC. Since the start of this year, my machine has been having issues with occasional BSODs. I've been trying to troubleshoot it myself, but I honestly haven't gotten very far. The BSOD seem very random to me, and show up roughly once a week -- though again: it's very random.

I use this computer quite a lot, so a BSOD once a week isn't a lot. It however is very random, and having a chance for your computer to randomly crash at any time, is still quite annoying and not very good for my peace of mind.

Things I have tried:
    - Run the standard repair commands (dism, CHKDSK, sfc, scandisk and maybe one or two more(??))
    - Updated and/or removed software and update drivers and firmware
    - Ran verifier -- no crash
    - ran memtest86 and ran the windows memory check utility multiple times -- 0 errors. I believe at the time I did 8 passes, though it has been a while.
    - refresh windows
    - reseated memory + gpu and checked all connections.
    - Ran stresstest / benchmark software (CPU/GPU/ssd) -- pc didn't crash
    - update bios
    - reset bios settings (enable/disable xmp)

And probably one of two other things that I can't remember. The whole problem is that the crashes appear randomly and roughly once a week. Sometimes 2 or 3 times a week and other times once a month. It's just so hard to see what works and what doesn't when you can't force the bsod, or have to wait for a week when doing one tiny alteration.

Roughly 10 days ago I 'refreshed' windows (reinstall windows but keep settings). Since then, my pc has however crashed again twice. If just the latest minidumps aren't enough, I do have my old minidumps backup up.

Something curious to note: my PC BSODed (with an error code I hadn't seen before) while reinstalling windows. Afterward the installation did however finish.
    So currently my guess is that it's something hardware related and since the codes seem semi-random, I'm guessing memory. Though honestly, at this point I just don't know. I have tested the memory multiple times. No errors.

I really hope someone can see something in some log or some minidump, because at this point, it's just one big annoying mystery to me.

Hope someone can help and any help is appreciated.

Attached: the files from the log collector.

:)

Heek222, Aug 19, 2020

2. My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 19, 2020
  3. shunoichi Win User
    Windows 10 screen is stretched!

There is no manufacturer listed. It says "to be filled by o.e.m" or something so I'm not sure where I am supposed to go to find a driver update or which one is the right one to use.

But I did complete the bottom steps and there was no change.

At first, I thought it might be a problem caused by the monitor, but when I was installing windows updates, the updating screen was normal and not stretched. However, as soon as it restarted, it was back to being stretched again.

shunoichi, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Long stretch of occasional BSODs

Occasional BSOD

Hi i keep getting occasional bsods recently it ranges between 2 to 3 days. I'm using a HP Laptop (HP Notebook - 15-ay104nx)

I suspect its a driver issue.

here are my pc specifications and my recent minidumps.

Bluescreen – Google Drive

Thanks for the help!

CurtSalientes, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Long stretch of occasional BSODs

1. Long stretch of occasional BSODs - Similar Threads - Long stretch occasional

2. Mouse stopped working occasionally after a long pause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stopped working occasionally after a long pause: Hello,My mouse stopped working occasionally after a long pause, maybe 1 hour I have to shut down pcmanually as I cannot reach any keys.This has happened twice already, what is the cause of this.Please let me know,Thank you for your help...
  3. Mouse stopped working occasionally after a long pause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse stopped working occasionally after a long pause: Hello,My mouse stopped working occasionally after a long pause, maybe 1 hour I have to shut down pcmanually as I cannot reach any keys.This has happened twice already, what is the cause of this.Please let me know,Thank you for your help...
  4. Occasional Windows 10 BSOD

Occasional Windows 10 BSOD: Hi, Today 11AM, i noticed that my laptop has bluescreened saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I never had this kind of BSOD before so, i didn't know what to do and just left it. A few hours later, I got another BSOD saying MEMORY_MANAGEMENT . At this point i was concerned. I...
  5. Occasional bsod

Occasional bsod: I keep getting bsods specifically when i play games. No crash dumps ever get created and i have tried everything i have found online and nothing fixed it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/occasional-bsod/4243a57b-940f-4ca4-913c-9b028487b231
  6. Occasional BSOD or crash

Occasional BSOD or crash: I've been having some trouble with my Windows 10 PC over the last several weeks. Approximately twice a week, it will crash, sometimes giving a BSOD, sometimes not. Other than those occasional crashes, everything is fine as far as I can tell. I've been trying to pinpoint the...
  7. My screen flickers and stretches occasionally until I restart my pc

My screen flickers and stretches occasionally until I restart my pc: Hi there, A few months ago I purchased a new PC. It worked fine although within the first week that I got it I got a weird bug while playing a game where my screen just starts stretching and flickering. It only happened once back then so I didn't think much of it. However...
  8. Occasional BSOD

Occasional BSOD: Hi i keep getting occasional bsods recently it ranges between 2 to 3 days. I'm using a HP Laptop HP Notebook - 15-ay104nx I suspect its a driver issue. here are my pc specifications and my recent minidumps....
  9. Occasional BSOD

Occasional BSOD: Occasionally, when using my laptop an Acer Predator Helios 300 sometimes if it leans the wrong way or anything, it gets a blue screen of death, after which it doesn't automatically restart but needs a hard reboot and usually the computer starts with some difficulty getting...
  10. Occasional BSOD / freeze

Occasional BSOD / freeze: Hey guys. So, a little backstory - last month, I RMA'd my motherboard (MSI Z97S SLI Krait) and re-installed it. A couple of weeks later, I got random BSODs. There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern to them. Some are while I'm playing a game, some are while I'm just...