Windows 10: Long Term BSOD occurs randomly throughout PC usage

Discus and support Long Term BSOD occurs randomly throughout PC usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've finally decided I need some external help with a BSOD that has been bugging me for basically a year. Some days I will never see it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IFluxedUp, Dec 21, 2016.

1. IFluxedUp Win User

Long Term BSOD occurs randomly throughout PC usage

Hey guys, I've finally decided I need some external help with a BSOD that has been bugging me for basically a year. Some days I will never see it and others it happens 3 times in a day.

I have stress tested my RAM, CPU and GPU and all have shown no problems.

I have checked my SSD and HDD and neither have come back with any problems.

I have also made sure all my drivers are up to date.

Thank you for any help you can give.

:)

IFluxedUp, Dec 21, 2016

2. BSOD: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

Before BSOD occur, my disk usage is 100% then suddenly it occur. It is not the case that every time when my disk usage is 100%, BSOD occurs.

RahulVerma2, Dec 21, 2016
  3. Randomly Occuring BSOD

Hi,

If you need to check for malware here are my recommendations - these will allow you to do a thorough check and removal without ending up with a load of spyware programs running resident which can cause as many issues as the malware and maybe harder to detect
    as the cause.

No one program can be relied upon to detect and remove all malware. Added that often easy to detect malware is often accompanied by a much harder to detect and remove payload. So its better to be overly thorough now than to pay the high price later. Check with
    these to an extreme overkill point.

How do I find and remove a virus?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-find-remove-virus

TDSSKiller.exe. - Download to the Desktop - then go to it and Right Click on it - RUN AS ADMIN it will show any infections in the report after running - if it will not run change the name from tdsskiller.exe to tdsskiller.com. Whether it finds anything or not
    does not mean you should not check with the other methods below.

Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Malwarebytes - free

Malwarebytes for Windows

SuperAntiSpyware Portable Scanner - Free

SUPERAntiSpyware - SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner

AdwCleaner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Hitman Pro is a second opinion scanner, designed to rescue your computer from malware (viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc.) that have infected your computer despite all the security measures you have taken (such as anti virus software, firewalls, etc.).

HitmanPro.Alert Ransomware Prevention, Secondary Scanner and Zero-Day Exploit Protection | hitmanpro.com

What is Windows Defender Offline?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Windows Defender Offline system requirements

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-defender-offline-system-requirements

--------------------------------------------------------

If needed here are some online free scanners to help

Online Malware Detection

----------------------------------

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

Other Free online scans

antivirus free online scan - Google Search

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Dec 21, 2016
  4. Spectrum Win User

Here are several things to do to help troubleshoot this issue.

1. I see you are still on Windows 10 Build 10240 rather than the current release (Anniversary Update/Version 1607) which is Windows 10 Build 14393.576. If you are not seeing the upgrade after checking for updates 2-3 times, follow this guide on upgrading to 1607. If you are still having issues upgrading, run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

2. Update your Nvidia graphic's driver, your motherboard's firmware and SSD firmware. I also noticed you have a device connected that has no driver installed (this should have a yellow symbol next to it in Device Manager), do you have any idea what this device is? Unplug all non-essential peripherals and devices to pinpoint it. Here is your motherboard's driver page you should see if installing these drivers resolves the issue.

3. There were some errors related to your disks and possibly filesystem. To help troubleshoot a failing disk, unplug your secondary disk so we can rule that out as the culprit. Regarding filesystem errors, run "chkdsk C: /R /X" from an administrator command prompt, press 'Y' to schedule a check, and then reboot. This will check for and then repair any issues with your filesystem.

4. After steps 1, 2, and 3 are complete, run the following commands (in this order) from an administrator PowerShell/CMD prompt:

sfc /scannow
    dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
    sfc /scannow

Let me know if the commands report corruption that they are unable to repair.

Spectrum, Dec 21, 2016
  5. IFluxedUp Win User
    Okay I did all of the steps apart from updating my motherboards firmware as that one was not for my version of windows? And I couldn't find one that was.

No errors were found when checking my disks.

Good news is that I have not experienced a BSOD yet, I'm not getting my hopes up yet but it is a good sign.

IFluxedUp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Long Term BSOD occurs randomly throughout PC usage - Similar Threads - Long Term BSOD

2. Various random BSODs throughout the day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various random BSODs throughout the day: September of last year I updated majority of the parts in my system (motherboard, cpu, ram), and since then I've had random BSODs all pointing to different things at random intervals. Recently it hasn't been happening super frequently, but still occurs once in a while. I've...
  3. Random PC resets throughout the day

Random PC resets throughout the day: I just bought this PC and Ive been getting random PC restarts multiple times a day. I checked the temps figuring it was overheating and the cooler wasnt well attached or something but the pc has stayed below 50 degrees. I checked and updated drivers but that hasnt helped. I...
  4. Random BSOD occurring

Random BSOD occurring: Hi I am facing random BSOD at random time. Some tine I one my pc and BSOD occurs and sometimes after opening an app. The most common BSOD I get is MEMORY_MANGEMENT. So I checked my RAM with Windows Memory diagnostic tool but it is saying that my RAM is good. So I have...
  5. Random BSODs Throughout The Day

Random BSODs Throughout The Day: Attachment 69824 Hi All, As the title says, I am getting random BSODs throughout the day on my machine. Funny part is that I haven't actually seen what the BSOD errors are; I'll just step away from my computer and it's restarted because of BSOD. You'll see from my logs...
  6. Random BSOD throughout the day (irql_not_less_or_equal)

Random BSOD throughout the day (irql_not_less_or_equal): Hello, I recently started getting the same BSOD very frequently. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: bwcW10x64.sys It started happening about once a day after my computer had been running for a while, and now it's happening up to 4 times a day. Just today I...
  7. BSOD occurs randomly

BSOD occurs randomly: Hi, I have BSODs occuring randomly, sometimes 2-3 times a day, sometimes nothing for a week. The BSOD says MACHINE_CHECK_ERROR. I updated all the drivers to no avail. 63002
  8. BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT randomly throughout day

BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT randomly throughout day: Hello, I am getting a BSOD at somewhat random points throughout the day when using my computer. It doesn't seem to occur when I do a particular task and I haven't been stressing the computer at all, just general internet browsing and editing word documents. I had this...
  9. Long term BSOD WHEA

Long term BSOD WHEA: Long term problem with crashing, over a year, updated from win 8.1 to 10 in an effort to correct it, to no avail. First crash happened while watching video in in the Chrome browser. Crashes did not happen using the internet explorer browser. Videos in the steam app,...
  10. BSOD randomly occurs

BSOD randomly occurs: I have had the BSOD occurring randomly for the past several days. The computer will just shut down. 22402