Windows 10: Long term BSOD WHEA

Discus and support Long term BSOD WHEA in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Long term problem with crashing, over a year, updated from win 8.1 to 10 in an effort to correct it, to no avail. First crash happened while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jatis, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Jatis Win User

Long term BSOD WHEA

Long term problem with crashing, over a year, updated from win 8.1 to 10 in an effort to correct it, to no avail.

First crash happened while watching video in in the Chrome browser. Crashes did not happen using the internet explorer browser. Videos in the steam app, iTunes, and Netflix will all crash. The computer will also crash out in some games the most severe being that Minecraft will crash and leave corrupted data breaking saves.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachment 57479

:)

Jatis, Jan 6, 2016
  2. Je_mezu24 Win User

Weird Update Problem With Windows 10 & The Cumulative Update From 3/8/16

Nik, can you please post a screenshot of the Bluescreen Error next time it occurs? You will have to take it with another device like a smart phone or iPad or other kind of tablet with a camera. Also, you might want to post the DUMP files in relation to the
    Bluescreen crash. Usually BSOD's (Blue Screen of Death) are caused by faulty drivers.

Do any of these links in regards to BSOD's and WHEA look familiar?

Google

Same question but in regards to BSOD's and CLOCK.

Google

Je_mezu24, Jan 6, 2016
  3. WHEA BSOD?

Since this morning I've been getting this BSOD error which is whea uncorrectable error and I have no idea what's causing it... I hope someone can help me because I'm trying to finish a school project, and I'm wasting a lot of time waiting for my pc to
    reboot after an error...

IandRaymundo, Jan 6, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

Long term BSOD WHEA

The dumpfiles are:

Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe00160718028, ba000000, 52000402} Probably caused by : GenuineIntel Followup: MachineOwner --------- 5: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception Arg2: ffffe00160718028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure. Arg3: 00000000ba000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Arg4: 0000000052000402, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Common Platform Error Record @ ffffe00186b3b028 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Record Id : 01d140bc0da51c62 Severity : Fatal (1) Length : 928 Creator : Microsoft Notify Type : Machine Check Exception Timestamp : 1/6/2016 23:46:34 (UTC) Flags : 0x00000000 =============================================================================== Section 0 : Processor Generic ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe00186b3b0a8 Section @ ffffe00186b3b180 Offset : 344 Length : 192 Flags : 0x00000001 Primary Severity : Fatal Proc. Type : x86/x64 Instr. Set : x64 Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error Flags : 0x00 CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3 Processor ID : 0x0000000000000007[/quote] This could point to a hardware problem with your CPU but often also motherboard software can cause this kind of BSODs.
    Please update utilities Like AAPcharger center, Easy Tune, EZ setup etc. too the latest windows 10 version, If the BSOD keep happening please remove and uninstall the drivers of these kind of programs.

Also there is a biosupdate to version F7 with Better system compatibility for Intel® 5th Generation Core™ Processors

lifetec, Jan 6, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Gigabyte software is known for causing 0x124, it is better to immediately remove them then trying to update them.

axe0, Jan 6, 2016
  6. Jatis Win User
    I'm not great with this stuff, I want to make sure I understand.

I should uninstall the app center from gigabyte and then update to version f7 of BIOS?

I checked the BIOS information, it's from AMI. Does this matter? Should I get the new version F7 directly from Intel?

Again any help in greatly appreciated, this problem has been painful

Jatis, Jan 7, 2016
  7. lifetec Win User
    First remove/uninstall all the Gigabyte software utilities like AAPcenter, Easy Tune etc. from your system.
    Did you already update all your drivers to the latest versions from your supportpage (see below). If not do it.
    Use your system if there are no more BSOD's. Your OK.

If the systems keeps BSOD update your BIOS to version F7 from the Gigabyte supportpage http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...d=4994&dl=1#dl
    But be aware

lifetec, Jan 7, 2016
  8. Jatis Win User

Long term BSOD WHEA

I did as you suggested, removed the APP center (during the uninstall easy tune and ez something were also uninstalled)

I used the run command and msinfo32 to check that the BIOS are updated to F7.

I ran Netflix about 10 minutes and had a freeze, screen stopped changing keyboard and mouse did not "work". used the power button to restart.

After restart went back to Netflix, ran a video for about 1 hour, then BSOD. There was not warning from my perspective, video did not get choppy sound did not lose sync. Usually when it BSOD it stops responding once the percentage gets to 100, this last time it did actually restarted like it says it would.

I hope that information can help you to help me

Attachment 57613

Jatis, Jan 7, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    It is still an internal unclassified error.
    It seems cache bank 4 is consistent.
    Run IntelBurnTest to test your CPU
    CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Code: =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe00160718138 Section @ ffffe001607182c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : Internal unclassified (Proc 5 Bank 4) Status : 0xba00000052000402 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe00186b3b138 Section @ ffffe00186b3b2c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : Internal unclassified (Proc 7 Bank 4) Status : 0xba00000052000402 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe001def18138 Section @ ffffe001def182c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : Internal unclassified (Proc 4 Bank 4) Status : 0xba00000052000402 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe0018354c138 Section @ ffffe0018354c2c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : Internal unclassified (Proc 2 Bank 4) Status : 0xba00000052000402[/quote]

axe0, Jan 7, 2016
  10. Jatis Win User
    I ran the test three times (standard, high, and very high) the message at the end said that the CPU was stable.

The temp shown in the HWinfo did get high (95+ C) and turned red in the display but HWinfo had another line about thermal throttling being engaged so I let it keep running.

I've attached the log file for the very high level test, I hope it offers some insight

Attachment 57624

Jatis, Jan 7, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    95C+ is overheating.
    Clean your system of dust, clean the heatsink and replace the thermal paste.

What CPU cooler are you using and what cooling system do you have?

12. Jatis Win User
    Again sorry I'm not really technical, the cooler looks like a fan with intel written on the center it has some sort of silver radiator between it and the CPU/Motherboard.

When I had the system put together I was under the impression that it was sufficient. Is that incorrect?

Regarding dust, with the case open there is little to no visible dust inside the case. I will turn it off and clean it with canned air after I finish this post.

Jatis, Jan 7, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Long term BSOD WHEA

Depends on what you find sufficient *Wink

I assume the CPU cooler is stock (came with the CPU)?

14. Jatis Win User
    Yes, I believe that it is stock. I'll have to take it into a shop tomorrow to have the thermal paste redone. It may be a simple procedure but it is beyond my comfort level.

Is there anything else I should have them check?

Would this level of heat cause the BSOD?

Jatis, Jan 7, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    Overheating certainly could cause it, hardware could be damaged due to overheating. Overheating doesn't have to cause hardware damage, it could also mean improper cooling what also can cause crashes.

If you take it to a shop, let them properly check for any signs of hardware damage.

Thema:

Long term BSOD WHEA

1. Long term BSOD WHEA - Similar Threads - Long term BSOD

2. Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!: Hello,I have a recently-built PC running Windows 11 - specs are as follows:MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5 7600X CPU MSI Coreliquid 240K V2 CPU Cooler64 Gb RAM - 2x "Crucial 32GB memory kit - identical kits installed.Corsair 850HX PSU2x Western Digital Black...
  3. Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!: Hello,I have a recently-built PC running Windows 11 - specs are as follows:MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5 7600X CPU MSI Coreliquid 240K V2 CPU Cooler64 Gb RAM - 2x "Crucial 32GB memory kit - identical kits installed.Corsair 850HX PSU2x Western Digital Black...
  4. Long-term Computer Freezing Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long-term Computer Freezing Issue: For years, I have been having an issue where my computer freezes, usually while gaming there has been 1 or 2 times where it froze on my home screen while I was afk. It freezes on the screen that it was on meaning it does not blue screen, and if there was a sound it repeats...
  5. Long term charging issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long term charging issue: Shortly after taking delivery of my Tablet PC, 2-in-1, 5 years ago, it developed a glitch which I have managed to live with fairly well. It is now becoming more of a problem. In order to charge it I have had to restart or shutdown and re-boot. Only then does charging start....
  6. WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue)

WHEA uncorrectable error (long term issue): I have been having this blue screen of death for a few months now and I was really passive about it because it was happening only once in a while. I never could find the origin of the problem. I will try to be as clear as possible when giving the steps I have tried over the...
  7. Long-Term intermittent BSOD due to NTOSKRNL.EXE

Long-Term intermittent BSOD due to NTOSKRNL.EXE: For the past 3-4 months I have been having intermitten BSOD crashes, without a clear reason for me. I have noticed that crashes only occur when doing a combination of gaming and utilizing the free communication application Discord. I am able to do gaming without a problem,...
  8. Long Term BSOD occurs randomly throughout PC usage

Long Term BSOD occurs randomly throughout PC usage: Hey guys, I've finally decided I need some external help with a BSOD that has been bugging me for basically a year. Some days I will never see it and others it happens 3 times in a day. I have stress tested my RAM, CPU and GPU and all have shown no problems. I have...
  9. Long Term WiFi Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long Term WiFi Issues: Hi all, I am having a strange issue when trying to establish and stay connected to a WiFi connection for extended periods of time, I am using my microPC as a host for a couple of tasks so it needs to stay powered on and remotely accessible for extended periods. However I...
  10. BSOD on "cold" boot - stable afterwards - Long-term issue

BSOD on "cold" boot - stable afterwards - Long-term issue: Hello everyone, I'm at my wit's end at the moment. Recently had to replace motherboard, RAM and CPU in my computer. Purchased an ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Z170 board, an i5-6600k and initially 16GB of DDR4, now 32. When I boot my computer after having it off overnight, I...