Windows 10: Long term bug: Selecting text in MS Edge Address Bar

Discus and support Long term bug: Selecting text in MS Edge Address Bar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Wow, I can't believe this one is still around, plaguing even the very latest MS Edge build that comes with the Creators update... I raised this in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by recruit2, Apr 13, 2017.

1. recruit2 Win User

Long term bug: Selecting text in MS Edge Address Bar

Wow, I can't believe this one is still around, plaguing even the very latest MS Edge build that comes with the Creators update...

I raised this in the Feedback tool close to a year ago and have also seen heaps of other votes for this known issue.

Whenever you click the mouse pointer on a specific part of the address bar to select some of the address/url, the whole address text jumps because it changes to include "http" or "https" in the address text, hence completely mucking up the position of the text you wanted to select.

It says that MS addressed this somewhere last year, but no it's not fixed. It would seem a pretty easy thing to get sorted out but it just never seems to get addressed.

Is this annoying others as well or just me *Smile ?

:)

recruit2, Apr 13, 2017

2. microsoft edge news feed views

Hello,

When I first downloaded windows 10 ms edge was fine. news feed was fine. Now the view is text with small pictures and the text is highlighted in black. How can I get it back to regular news feed? also, I cannot click on all the selections on the top bar.

thanks,

cheryl

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

cherylhurst, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Cortana in MS Edge

I've finaly managed to get Cortana to work. (It was very confusing with mislabeled buttons)

Now I would like it to collaborate with MS Edge.

In the promo's you can see the Cortana logo in the address bar.

I've enabled Cortana in the Edge settings, and I can "Ask Cortana" about highlighted text.

But I can't see the logo in the address bar and ask Cortana directly in the browser.

Is there a fix to this problem?

ChrisMentink, Apr 13, 2017
Thema:

Long term bug: Selecting text in MS Edge Address Bar

1. Long term bug: Selecting text in MS Edge Address Bar - Similar Threads - Long term bug

2. Long term mail/Xbox controller bug.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long term mail/Xbox controller bug.: For quite some time ( before windows10) there has been an ongoing bug. If I plug in my Xbox controller (both off brand and official) via usb to play a game then return to windows unplug the controller and open mail it will act like the controller is being used to shift...
  3. MS Edge v91 BUG!

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge v91 BUG!: Just this morning, I opened up MS Edge Chromium and it was asking me if I should use the recommended settings or Do not use the recommended settings and chose to Not to. However, my settings on the Startup page points to Google and every time I open up Edge, it now...
  4. Problem with Edge address bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Edge address bar: When I input something there and click on Enter, it directs me to IP. And It doesn’t understand when I am typing. It is not the only problem. Windows Defender is not working as well...
  5. Long term charging issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long term charging issue: Shortly after taking delivery of my Tablet PC, 2-in-1, 5 years ago, it developed a glitch which I have managed to live with fairly well. It is now becoming more of a problem. In order to charge it I have had to restart or shutdown and re-boot. Only then does charging start....
  6. MS Edge Multirow favourites bar

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Multirow favourites bar: G'day all.. Have been a Firefox stalwart for many years, but for no reason just decided to give Edge a crack and found it to be quite responsive, but it lacks the ability to add an extra row on the favorites bar. Have looked high and low to no avail. Does anyone know of such...
  7. Edge Address bar search banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Address bar search banner: I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't want and cant easily delete...
  8. MS Edge - Blurry Text

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge - Blurry Text: Decided to give Edge a proper go to see if I could get used to it. I'm actually quite liking it as it transpires, apart from one irritating issue: The text looks very blurry when compared with Chrome. I thought initially it was a "Clear Type" issue, but toggling Clear Type...
  9. Long term BSOD WHEA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long term BSOD WHEA: Long term problem with crashing, over a year, updated from win 8.1 to 10 in an effort to correct it, to no avail. First crash happened while watching video in in the Chrome browser. Crashes did not happen using the internet explorer browser. Videos in the steam app,...
  10. Long Term WiFi Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long Term WiFi Issues: Hi all, I am having a strange issue when trying to establish and stay connected to a WiFi connection for extended periods of time, I am using my microPC as a host for a couple of tasks so it needs to stay powered on and remotely accessible for extended periods. However I...