Windows 10: long time kept getting we need to validate you on passworded win10

Discus and support long time kept getting we need to validate you on passworded win10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Finally looking at it and never could figure out why, I setup a PIN, then all that went away. I dont recall the exact wording of the message, but to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sdowney717, Nov 21, 2020.

1. long time kept getting we need to validate you on passworded win10

Finally looking at it and never could figure out why, I setup a PIN, then all that went away.

I dont recall the exact wording of the message, but to make it go away temporarily, I either clicked it away or signed in again to my MS account, it would then say your all set.

So after getting fed up with it happening about every day, I was glad using PIN instead stopped the harassing nagging messages.

What was going on with that anyway? See on this PC, I had forgotten my PIN, and switched to signing in with my machine password, that's when it all started. Now I probably have forgotten my password!

Luckily I found a how to on changing the PIN when you dont know what it is.

:)

sdowney717, Nov 21, 2020

2. Long boot time and passwords missing

The only reason I mention the account is that a Windows update recently was causing people to be signed into a temporary account, your password manager may be installed for all users but the list of passwords would be user specific, therefore the blank password list suggests a different account. *Smile

Pejole2165, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 21, 2020
  4. wishihad Win User

long time kept getting we need to validate you on passworded win10

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone long time kept getting we need to validate you on passworded win10 :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

long time kept getting we need to validate you on passworded win10

1. long time kept getting we need to validate you on passworded win10 - Similar Threads - long kept getting

2. Getting Windows ready long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Windows ready long time: Hi everyone, on my Windows 11 PC I restarted the device and it said ‘getting Windows ready, please don’t turn off your pc’ with a spinning circle and a black screen.This is unusual as normally there’s a percentage.This went on for a few hours so I hard shut down the device...
  3. Getting Windows ready long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Windows ready long time: Hi everyone, on my Windows 11 PC I restarted the device and it said ‘getting Windows ready, please don’t turn off your pc’ with a spinning circle and a black screen.This is unusual as normally there’s a percentage.This went on for a few hours so I hard shut down the device...
  4. "The file name you specified is not valid or too long" windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The file name you specified is not valid or too long" windows explorer: * Previous thread: file name too long for mapping a network drive error While mapping network drive it is showing Path is too long or exceed limit * Moved from Windows/Other...
  5. "The file name you specified is not valid or too long" windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The file name you specified is not valid or too long" windows explorer: While mapping network drive it is showing Path is too long or exceed limit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-file-name-you-specified-is-not-valid-or-too/87ffda29-57fa-4812-b404-5154beb3a568
  6. "The file name you specified is not valid or too long" windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The file name you specified is not valid or too long" windows explorer: While mapping network drive it is showing Path is too long or exceed limit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-file-name-you-specified-is-not-valid-or-too/87ffda29-57fa-4812-b404-5154beb3a568
  7. windows "we need to verify it's you"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows "we need to verify it's you": i got this popup asking for my pin on two different computers that i use. on one computer i was surfing the web i think and the other i was watching a video. this happened at two different times. i hit cancel both times and everything continued as normal with no consequences,...
  8. Long boot time and passwords missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Long boot time and passwords missing: The PC takes 2 minutes to boot and all my passwords on Roboform have disappeared. I have a 2GB external hard drive on which I keep most of my important files, using shortcuts on the desktop to access them. What's my best course of action toget things back to normal?...
  9. Long boot time and passwords mising.

in Windows 10 Support
    Long boot time and passwords mising.: The PC takes 2 minutes to boot and all my passwords on Roboform have disappeared. I have a 2GB external hard drive on which I keep most of my important files, using shortcuts on the desktop to access them. What's my best course of action toget things back to normal?...
  10. Forgot password, starting over, what gets kept?

in Windows 10 Support
    Forgot password, starting over, what gets kept?: I've got an old laptop that a friend gave me when he got a new one. Unfortunately he can't remember his password so I can't get past the login screen when the laptop boots up. I understand that I do have an option to wipe the account and everything on the laptop so that I...