Windows 10: Long-time language switching bug in all Microsoft OS Win 7 and up, including server editions

Discus and support Long-time language switching bug in all Microsoft OS Win 7 and up, including server editions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This bug has been going on for at least 2 years, probably more. I think it started when Win 7 was updated to have the same GUI feel like win 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YairRubin, Jun 8, 2021.

1. YairRubin Win User

Long-time language switching bug in all Microsoft OS Win 7 and up, including server editions

This bug has been going on for at least 2 years, probably more. I think it started when Win 7 was updated to have the same GUI feel like win 8.1 regarding the language bar. The Bug: When switching from English to the local language mine is Hebrew, using Alt-shift, the keyboard language does not switch, but stays English. When looking at the language bar, one sees an anomally - the language bar displays that the keyboard is both in English AND Hebrew.This is how it looks in Windows 7:In Win 10 and Windows servers it highlights a third options that states that the active language is both Eng

:)

YairRubin, Jun 8, 2021
  2. davidm71 Win User

Microsoft no english language windows for you!

After visiting the official Microsoft software download service and entering my Win 7 ultimate 64 product key I noticed out of the two dozen languages listed English version was missing! anyone else notice this?

Thanks

davidm71, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to switch languages after update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when the features are not working properly. Please reply to the following questions to help you further.

• How many languages are installed on the computer currently?
    • What happens when you try to switch between the languages?
    • Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

I suggest you to remove the other languages installed on the computer except English, and install the languages again. Please follow the steps mentioned to remove the languages:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open Settings.
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. Click on Region & language.
    4. Under Windows display language, select
      English from the dropdown list.
    5. Now, under preferred languages make sure that
      English
      language is at the top. If you don’t see English language on top click on the English language and click on the up arrow to move the language at top.
    6. Now, remove the other languages installed on the computer.

You can refer the section Add an input language from the article
    Add and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10
    to add an input language.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Long-time language switching bug in all Microsoft OS Win 7 and up, including server editions

microsoft photos language

Hi Magda,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type settings in the search box.
    • Click on time and language.
    • Click on region and language.
    • Click on add a language.
    • Select the particular language and then make it as default by right clicking on the language and click on as default.

Please post back with the updated status to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Long-time language switching bug in all Microsoft OS Win 7 and up, including server editions

1. Long-time language switching bug in all Microsoft OS Win 7 and up, including server editions - Similar Threads - Long language switching

2. Windows start up takes a long time when switching users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows start up takes a long time when switching users: Hi all, hoping someone could help with this! If I boot into my account then switch to my wife's account windows start up takes an extremely long time before I can press the start button or search it any shortcuts. After around 5 minutes the pc performs to its usual...
  3. I will pop up every time you switch the language

I will pop up every time you switch the language: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Masterez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emnqyz/i_will_pop_up_every_time_you_switch_the_language/
  4. I WILL POP UP EVERY TIME YOU SWITCH THE LANGUAGE

I WILL POP UP EVERY TIME YOU SWITCH THE LANGUAGE: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Masterez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emelld/i_will_pop_up_every_time_you_switch_the_language/
  5. Sync to OneDrive- all files, including OS!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync to OneDrive- all files, including OS!!: I turned on Sync to OneDrive, thinking it would just put my personal documents on One Drive. However, it is at this moment copying all the system files to OneDrive. I don't want this. How do I stop? How do I just sync the few personnal files I have on a laptop?...
  6. win.10 taking long time to boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    win.10 taking long time to boot up: For the last 3 weeks or so, when i boot up w.-10, it takes about 10 minutes to start, compared to previously about 20 seconds. I use w. 10 - 64 bit - kasperskyTotal....
  7. Bug when switching between input languages

Bug when switching between input languages: We have a desktop machine with Windows 10 Home 1803. We use English and Bulgarian as input languages. Two types of very annoying problems appear spontaneously almost every day and the only way to fix them is restart: - It becomes impossible to switch between input languages....
  8. Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report]

Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report]: I would like to report a bug. We have two windows accounts on our computer - me (administrator) and my girlfriend. I have these languages/keyboard layouts set up: English, Czech, Russian She has these: English (UK), Czech, Slovak, Russian, Serbian, Macedonian,...
  9. OS Win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    OS Win 7: Please tell me is it possible to get update of Windows 7 to Windows 10? 7432
  10. Which edition for Win 7 Home Premium and Win 8.1 Single Language?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which edition for Win 7 Home Premium and Win 8.1 Single Language?: Hello, I just joined. I have a 1 MBPS unlimited connection; it takes about two hours to download 700 MBs, and the Win 10 download is around 3 GBs, so I have to make sure whether or not the edition I'm downloading is the correct one or not. I have two laptops; both came...