Windows 10: Long Time to Connect

Discus and support Long Time to Connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded one of my laptops from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro. Ever since then it has been taking a much longer time for the laptop to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pmokover, Oct 3, 2015.

1. pmokover Win User

Long Time to Connect

I recently upgraded one of my laptops from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro. Ever since then it has been taking a much longer time for the laptop to connect to either of my home networks (two different homes). This is with either WiFi or Ethernet.

When it was running Win7 it would connect to either home's network in a few seconds. Now it usually takes over a minute, as much as two minutes. Once it does connect everything works fine.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks.
    Peter

:)

pmokover, Oct 3, 2015

2. It takes me long time to connect my phone to Nokia Suite

The note "Please wait while USB drivers are installed on your computer" took me a long time, it kept saying that for 2 hour and hadn't skip to the next step.

My phone is Nokia Asha 200.

kachita---01, Oct 3, 2015
  3. farby Win User
    It takes me long time to connect my phone to Nokia Suite

Disconnect the phone .. Reboot both, PC and Phone and try again ...

If you still get the same problem, install
    Nokia PC Suite
    and see if the phone gets connected thru' it. If it does, exit the Nokia PC Suite and again launch Nokia Suite to see if now it gets connected.

farby, Oct 3, 2015
  4. Long Time to Connect

Try restarting the local modem. I once had the slow connection problem and it turned out the computer was trying to use the second modem in my house that only used for our landline phone connection (Comcast) and was connecting "the long way around" as my Comcast technician told me.

Cbarnhorst, Oct 3, 2015
  5. pmokover Win User
    I should have been more specific in my original message. The time I'm referring to has nothing to do with the Internet or cable modem. It has to do with how long it takes my now Win10 laptop to connect to my local network. How long it takes before the laptop sees my other PCs and the others see it.

pmokover, Oct 3, 2015
  6. Does your router have the latest firmware update?

Cbarnhorst, Oct 3, 2015
  7. pmokover Win User
    Yes it does.

pmokover, Oct 4, 2015
  8. pmokover Win User

Long Time to Connect

Update: When I connect my Win10 laptop to my network, the other PCs on the network "see" the laptop within a few seconds however it takes over a minute for the laptop to see the other PCs. Before upgrading the laptop to Win10, when it was still running Win7, it took only a few seconds for it to see the other PCs.

Peter

pmokover, Oct 4, 2015
  9. This may be normal behavior at this point in Windows 10s progress. I suggest reporting it as a problem with the Windows Feedback app or upvote feedback already reported if you haven't already done so.

Cbarnhorst, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Long Time to Connect

1. Long Time to Connect - Similar Threads - Long Connect

2. How do I connect two computers long distance? Without having the same Wi-Fi or cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I connect two computers long distance? Without having the same Wi-Fi or cable: I want to connect two laptop in different places For example, in two different cities But I don't know how it worksThere is no program for this?...
  3. How do I connect two computers long distance? Without having the same Wi-Fi or cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect two computers long distance? Without having the same Wi-Fi or cable: I want to connect two laptop in different places For example, in two different cities But I don't know how it worksThere is no program for this?...
  4. How do I connect two computers long distance? Without having the same Wi-Fi or cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Long boot time on the windows logo when i connect my HDD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time on the windows logo when i connect my HDD.: My laptop has a longer boot time by nearly a minute when i connect the Internal HDD that i have been using for 2 years. My boot drive is on the SSD and it boots up faster when i disconnect the SATA HDD drive and when i boot it in Safe mode.This laptop has been reset and...
  6. Long boot time on the windows logo when i connect my HDD.

Long boot time on the windows logo when i connect my HDD.: My laptop has a longer boot time by nearly a minute when i connect the Internal HDD that i have been using for 2 years. My boot drive is on the SSD and it boots up faster when i disconnect the SATA HDD drive and when i boot it in Safe mode.This laptop has been reset and...
  7. Long boot time on the windows logo when i connect my HDD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 wifi crash anda take too long time to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wifi crash anda take too long time to connect: hi can someone help me? so i have problem with my laptop.1. when i push the ">" button it will show up the network nearby, but if i click back and push the ">" again then itu will show loading and after a few minute it shows blank wifi nearby.2. when i want to connect wifi...
  9. Windows 11 wifi crash anda take too long time to connect

Windows 11 wifi crash anda take too long time to connect: hi can someone help me? so i have problem with my laptop.1. when i push the ">" button it will show up the network nearby, but if i click back and push the ">" again then itu will show loading and after a few minute it shows blank wifi nearby.2. when i want to connect wifi...
  10. Take too long to respond when have a good connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Take too long to respond when have a good connection: I have a wired connection in my desktop. I opened a browser preferably chrome and when I open a website it says take too long to respond and doesn't do anything. I close and re open the browser and still the same. I have updated Windows so I wonder what is the cause of the...