Windows 10: Long time to wake from sleep. Videos won't play after sleep. Windows 10 1809.

Discus and support Long time to wake from sleep. Videos won't play after sleep. Windows 10 1809. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After updating to 1809 my PC started to take a long time to wake from sleep mode. After pressing a button on a keyboard it starts, lights up all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FogboundSnail81, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Long time to wake from sleep. Videos won't play after sleep. Windows 10 1809.

After updating to 1809 my PC started to take a long time to wake from sleep mode. After pressing a button on a keyboard it starts, lights up all peripherals and after 5-10 second screen turns on, but only shows black for another 10-20 seconds, after that log in screen appears and I can start using PC. Before 1809 update it took less than 2 seconds for log in screen to appear.
    Also after exiting from sleep mode I can't play videos in MPC-HC. WMP, Movies & TV.

MPC-HC lags hard and then shows green screen. WMP just shows error "error". Movies & TV just shows black screen.

I tried clean reinstallation of latest graphics drivers but it changed nothing.

CPU: FX-8350

GPU: Radeon HD7970

Windows 10 Pro 1809 17763.292

:)

FogboundSnail81, Jan 27, 2019

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Jan 27, 2019
  4. ruggb Win User

Long time to wake from sleep. Videos won't play after sleep. Windows 10 1809.

Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

was there ever a solution to the no wake issue.

I am sure it is a function of the video driver. I have the latest and it doesn't work.
    It won't even offer a sleep mode until I load a video driver.
    When I do it won't wake up.

ruggb, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Long time to wake from sleep. Videos won't play after sleep. Windows 10 1809.

1. Long time to wake from sleep. Videos won't play after sleep. Windows 10 1809. - Similar Threads - Long wake sleep

2. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  3. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time: So as the title says whenever my laptop is in sleep or is on for long periods of time and the screen switches off, and i wake the laptop up it shows a BSOD. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stopcode is amdkmpfd.sys I had recently installed the adrenaline...
  4. BSOD after waking from sleep or waking the screen after long periods of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 Crashes Regularly After Sleep / Won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Crashes Regularly After Sleep / Won't wake from sleep: I tried reinstalling Windows, updating all drivers, changing power plan settings. Is there a way to tell what's causing the crash? It's been happening since I got this computer. Asus ProArt STudioBook H7600HM11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHzThanks for your...
  6. Windows 11 Crashes Regularly After Sleep / Won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Crashes Regularly After Sleep / Won't wake from sleep: I tried reinstalling Windows, updating all drivers, changing power plan settings. Is there a way to tell what's causing the crash? It's been happening since I got this computer. Asus ProArt STudioBook H7600HM11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHzThanks for your...
  7. Computer takes a long time to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer takes a long time to wake from sleep: It seems to take ~20 seconds for my computer to get to the Windows 10 login screen from sleep. I first click on the keyboard and it lights up immediately. I can hear the CPU fan kick on immediately also. Then I have to wait another 15-20 seconds before the monitor displays...
  8. Video and Audio Will Not Play After Compter Wakes from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video and Audio Will Not Play After Compter Wakes from Sleep Mode: When my brand new Windows 10 laptop goes into sleep mode, usually videos and audio files will not play unless I restart the computer. Is there something else I can do to fix this problem without wasting time on a restart? Videos will not play on YouTube or Facebook or other...
  9. Windows 10 won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't wake from sleep: After computer falls asleep, won't wake up. Ignores mouse and keyboard. To re-enter I must press the power button to trigger a reboot, which loses any work which might have been in progress when we fell asleep....
  10. Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep: Hi, This Windows 10 (1809) is really a troublemaker. I make my surface book 2 computer sleep by the power button and Windows Start > Power > Sleep. When I wake it up, it freezes. I have to restart for each time because I cannot use it after wake up. How can I solve this...