Windows 10: Long wait times when logging off/restarting the computer

Discus and support Long wait times when logging off/restarting the computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Wait times during logoff average ~3 minutes. Hardware is sufficient enough that it should not take this long.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Asher_361, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Asher_361 Win User

Long wait times when logging off/restarting the computer

Wait times during logoff average ~3 minutes. Hardware is sufficient enough that it should not take this long.

:)

Asher_361, Feb 7, 2023

2. vista takes a really long time to log in

it took 4 minutes to log in. and i did what you suggested and nothing.

i didn't want to do it yet but i think i'm going to reformat again. xp with sp3 this time!

freaksavior, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 7, 2023
  4. pass---01 Win User

pass---01, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Long wait times when logging off/restarting the computer - Similar Threads - Long wait times

2. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long to wait post restart?: I updated my laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I thought my laptop had been auto updated. It had not, so this was a big upgrade and went slowly. Finally got it 100% downloaded and to the point where it wanted to restart. Hit yes, and now I’ve been at a black...
  3. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long to wait post restart?: I updated my laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I thought my laptop had been auto updated. It had not, so this was a big upgrade and went slowly. Finally got it 100% downloaded and to the point where it wanted to restart. Hit yes, and now I’ve been at a black...
  4. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Long wait times when logging off/restarting the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long wait times when logging off/restarting the computer: Wait times during logoff average ~3 minutes. Hardware is sufficient enough that it should not take this long. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-wait-times-when-logging-offrestarting-the/95456bc4-a766-4fd3-a5f2-e504fa9e7046
  6. RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME: When I'm restart my laptop minimum 3 minutes then showing windows logo. Kindly help me sir/ma'am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-laptop-long-time/221303e3-b02e-4e2c-baff-63b5ace144f4
  7. long wait to restart Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long wait to restart Windows 10: why doe's it take so long to restart Windows 10 46331
  8. Takes long time to startup when logged in for the first time

in Windows 10 Support
    Takes long time to startup when logged in for the first time: Hello, Our computers are running Windows 10 with Server domain, but we have a problem. Each first login takes long time to login and some time it gets stuck on the welcome screen when too many teachers logged on the machine. I had contacted an admin about it and they said...
  9. Very long time to restart!

in Windows 10 Support
    Very long time to restart!: Hi all, I'm having this issue since I upgraded to Win 10: when I click restart, my laptop becomes stuck on the restart screen for ages, even the hard drive doesn't show any signs of activity. Its only after like 15 mins or so the hard drive comes into life and the computer...
  10. Still waiting to chat, anyone else waiting a long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Still waiting to chat, anyone else waiting a long time: I have been #4 for almost an hr. I was 313 like 3hrs. ago 9633