Windows 10: long wait to restart Windows 10

Discus and support long wait to restart Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; why doe's it take so long to restart Windows 10 46331 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by boskey, Apr 4, 2016.

1. boskey Win User

long wait to restart Windows 10

why doe's it take so long to restart Windows 10

:)

boskey, Apr 4, 2016

2. Restart after program or drivers installed

How long should a restart take after installing a driver or a program Ive waited up to 3hrs . This is fustrating as i am going to record and have to wait this long for it to restart .

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

vincentrevilla, Apr 4, 2016
  3. Long long wait

Have now been waiting 25 hours with the screen saying working on it this is stupid nothing should take this long don't think I will bother, how many other people have waited this long would help if there was a progress bar

PatFindley, Apr 4, 2016
  4. long wait to restart Windows 10

Well, it is because "Fast Startup" Does NOT effect Restart, only after a shutdown (accidently almost put the "s" word *Wink)

TBH, I don't really care for the slow startup, I wouldn't worry about it. Windows 7 takes just as much time as it does restarting in Windows 10. But I do like the faster startup like what they added in Windows 8, so much better if you have to look up a quick thin on the internet. *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

long wait to restart Windows 10

1. long wait to restart Windows 10 - Similar Threads - long wait restart

2. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  3. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  4. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long to wait post restart?: I updated my laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I thought my laptop had been auto updated. It had not, so this was a big upgrade and went slowly. Finally got it 100% downloaded and to the point where it wanted to restart. Hit yes, and now I’ve been at a black...
  6. How long to wait post restart?

How long to wait post restart?: I updated my laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I thought my laptop had been auto updated. It had not, so this was a big upgrade and went slowly. Finally got it 100% downloaded and to the point where it wanted to restart. Hit yes, and now I’ve been at a black...
  7. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Long wait times when logging off/restarting the computer

Long wait times when logging off/restarting the computer: Wait times during logoff average ~3 minutes. Hardware is sufficient enough that it should not take this long. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-wait-times-when-logging-offrestarting-the/95456bc4-a766-4fd3-a5f2-e504fa9e7046
  9. How long to wait for windows 11 update restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long to wait for windows 11 update restart?: How long to wait for windows 11 update restart? I did not check to see what was updating I usually do, but it said 4 mins to complete - after 30 mins it is still restarting. How long does one wait?...
  10. How long to wait for windows 11 update restart?

How long to wait for windows 11 update restart?: How long to wait for windows 11 update restart? I did not check to see what was updating I usually do, but it said 4 mins to complete - after 30 mins it is still restarting. How long does one wait?...