Windows 10: Longer boot time during Windows Logo after clean reinstall

Discus and support Longer boot time during Windows Logo after clean reinstall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/vrlu29xpto451.jpg?width=562&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ea94c697fbf58fcb195aa3db877c46f038936b27 Hi, recently I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wumic, Jun 13, 2020.

1. /u/wumic Win User

Longer boot time during Windows Logo after clean reinstall

Longer boot time during Windows Logo after clean reinstall 7Hcl3dM1hLq1BLVo7OHjEShvy-zBcqcnhTjzt6mvdUE.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/vrlu29xpto4...bp&s=ea94c697fbf58fcb195aa3db877c46f038936b27

Hi, recently I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Home and I noticed the following difference when booting my computer:

Before (fresh built, first Windows install) :

Power button press to bios splash screen: 3-4s

Bios splash screen to windows logo: 2-3s

Windows logo to login screen: 0s? (I don't even recall seeing the windows logo in the first two weeks, and yes I have a habit of staring at my monitor when it boots)

Login screen to desktop: 2-3s (I didn't set up a password, it loads for a few seconds on the lock screen with my name on it and automatically goes into desktop)

After:

Power button press to bios splash screen: 3-4s (same)

Bios splash screen to windows logo: 2-3s (same)

Windows logo to login screen: 5-6s (could almost say this 'new phase' is now present)

Login screen to desktop: 0-1s (shorter)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As shown above, the total boot time is noticeably longer.

I've been spending the past couple days trying to find the cause of this change. Right now my PC is empty, with nothing installed other than the chipset and motherboard drivers. In desperation I've also tried a Bios Update and driver updates, still no luck.

Any comments or suggestions is greatly appreciated, I'm willing to test anything at this point.

Motherboard: MSI B450M Pro-M2 Max

SSD: Kingston A2000 M.2 NVMe 500GB

submitted by /u/wumic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wumic, Jun 13, 2020

2. Windows boot logo,

Hi

Tried with suggested steps but not succeed,

still can see HP boot logo

Please suggest

AmardeepBhingardeve, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Longer boot time during Windows Logo after clean reinstall - Similar Threads - Longer boot during

2. Windows Fail to Boot During Reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fail to Boot During Reinstall: last night l was doing a windows reinstall by cloud , had a power cut before it had finished , now l have a PC , that will not boot or go into safe mode , the Pc is my Aspire T3-710 , can you please help , Mr Anthony France.[Original Title: Windows reinstall .]...
  3. Windows Fail to Boot During Reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fail to Boot During Reinstall: last night l was doing a windows reinstall by cloud , had a power cut before it had finished , now l have a PC , that will not boot or go into safe mode , the Pc is my Aspire T3-710 , can you please help , Mr Anthony France.[Original Title: Windows reinstall .]...
  4. Windows Fail to Boot During Reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OEM logo disappeared during boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OEM logo disappeared during boot: I recently moved from mbr bios to gpt uefi windows 10, and the first thing that i noticed is, when i turn on my pc, after the bios post is finished displaying and moving to windows boot, the oem logo is gone instead of staying with the spinning dot or showing the windows...
  6. No Windows logo during boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Windows logo during boot.: I have recently bought a Windows 10 pro machine and during the first it was fine but after the 21H1 update during the boot the Windows logo is not showing. The machine is working perfectly fine and the logo of the BIOS is also showing up, but not the Windows logo. Please help...
  7. Windows sitting on logo during clean installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows sitting on logo during clean installation: I recentley made a new system with an intel i7 920, 8gb of ram, and a gtx 950 and when I try to do a install of windows it sits on the logo and i have tried to run it overnight to no avail. Is there any way i can fix this? submitted by /u/Ok_Confusion_ [link] [comments]...
  8. windows 10 boot logo missing during startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 boot logo missing during startup.: When my Dell inspiration 3595 laptop boots its not showing the windows 10 boot logo. After the dell logo black screen with loading circle appears and start, not showing window 10 LOGO .how to fix it ?...
  9. Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen: Hi! During the last months my windows boot time became to a ridiculous 12+ mins time. It´s my office computer, and I´m usually overloaded with work so can´t take care of it. I suspected that the problem began since I inserted a new SSD, but today I unplugged every drive (but...
  10. Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Problem After Clean Reinstallation Of Windows 10: Hi, I have just sold my pc to a friend. The original operating system was Windows 10 (a free upgrade from Windows 7). In preparation for the sale, I chose the formatting option (everything cleaned from the hard drive) and downloaded and installed a clean reinstall of Windows...