Windows 10: longer paths

Discus and support longer paths in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. Is there any way that I can have longer paths in Windows 10? How could I make my paths longer in Windows 10? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mech-tech, Jan 16, 2019.

1. mech-tech Win User

longer paths

Hello. Is there any way that I can have longer paths in Windows 10? How could I make my paths longer in Windows 10?

Thank you.

:)

mech-tech, Jan 16, 2019

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Jan 16, 2019
  4. longer paths

Can we no longer map a PATH (not just a drive)?

Hi,

Inability to map a path may occur due to configuration settings on your mapped drive. For us to properly isolate the case, supply more information by answering these questions:

• Which version and build of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you using a group policy to specify a path?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the part or option that is grayed out?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

longer paths

1. longer paths - Similar Threads - longer paths

2. Alt + number symbols no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + number symbols no longer working: Hello there,Would anyone happen to know how to fix my "alt+number" symbols no longer working? I'm talking about those little hearts and arrow symbols that you'd usually get by pressing left alt + any numbers on your numpad. I checked that my numpad is on, and I have tried all...
  3. Alt + number symbols no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + number symbols no longer working: Hello there,Would anyone happen to know how to fix my "alt+number" symbols no longer working? I'm talking about those little hearts and arrow symbols that you'd usually get by pressing left alt + any numbers on your numpad. I checked that my numpad is on, and I have tried all...
  4. Alt + number symbols no longer working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. STILL no file paths longer than 260 characters in Windows Explorer, in 2023?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STILL no file paths longer than 260 characters in Windows Explorer, in 2023?: STILL no file paths longer than 260 characters in Windows Explorer, in 2023? It's a kind of Windows 3.0 problem and still exist! How to force Microsoft to fix it?...
  6. STILL no file paths longer than 260 characters in Windows Explorer, in 2023?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STILL no file paths longer than 260 characters in Windows Explorer, in 2023?: STILL no file paths longer than 260 characters in Windows Explorer, in 2023? It's a kind of Windows 3.0 problem and still exist! How to force Microsoft to fix it?...
  7. STILL no file paths longer than 260 characters in Windows Explorer, in 2023?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Copying exe into system32 folder no longer allows me to run that exe without typing path...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying exe into system32 folder no longer allows me to run that exe without typing path...: In the past, If I wanted to run a program like "procexp.exe" from the RUN box without having to type the entire folder path to the executable, I would first copy the exe into "c:\windows\system32" folder. This no longer works for me. Am I right? Did an update disable...
  9. Could not find this item, This is no longer located in path error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Could not find this item, This is no longer located in path error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Did you ever come across a file or folder on your computer that cannot be copied, moved, modified or deleted? You must have faced an error saying Could not find this item, This is no longer located in <path>, Verify [...] This post Could not find this item,...
  10. Can Wiin10 have a path and file name longer than 256 characters?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Wiin10 have a path and file name longer than 256 characters?: I was under the impression that this was a feature that was added to one of the updates on Windows 10. Enable long file name support in Windows 10 | IT Pro How come I'm still gettng an error when copying a file deep down a directory path to another drive? eg. copy...