Windows 10: Longtime prob Jumpy Screenn Scrolling

Discus and support Longtime prob Jumpy Screenn Scrolling in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Using typical US (cheap but fits my needs) clickity clack kybd. Google Chrome, but does the same on MSEdge, Mozilla Firefox, and others. Also I'm using... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Zippy2222, May 16, 2017.

1. Zippy2222 Win User

Longtime prob Jumpy Screenn Scrolling

Using typical US (cheap but fits my needs) clickity clack kybd. Google Chrome, but does the same on MSEdge, Mozilla Firefox, and others. Also I'm using an Internet Security suit, AVG which is the only thing I can think might be the likely culprit but I've used AV only and it has done the same things.
    So her is a more descriptive explanation of symptoms; Mouse wheel scrolling whether turning it fast or just a few cm at a time the page jumps up/down or not at all and suddenly jumps up/down drastically. When it doesn't seem to be responding I reflexively turn the wheel up and down cussing at it (not always but sometimes) lately. Other days it responds fluidly, friendly, as I want and need it to. There are times when weeks go by w/no problem, then out of nowhere it starts and continues for days. As if something is using page filing CPU, or ram or (maybe I'm out of my depth with that lingo) or maybe I just have dirty Electricity, Excuse me; "Dirty Power" oh yes there is, It really does exist, look it up! (Inconsistency's in Amperage, Voltage, and/or Frequency delivered to the user/device or interference between source and user/device) no that'e not a quote, I know a few things. Except how to solve this problem!!!!
    Any PC "Gu Rooz" think they know please help.*Banghead

:)

Zippy2222, May 16, 2017
  2. John72468 Win User

Mouse scrolling is jumpy and skips over info

Mouse scrolling is jumpy and skips over info. Windows 10. Chrome.

John72468, May 16, 2017
  3. dianaΤ Win User
    Wireless mouse scroll wheel is jumpy

I had a wireless mouse and after like three weeks the scroll wheel started being jumpy and I thought there was something wron with the mouse itself so I went to the store and exchanged it for another mouse that was the same. And that mouse did work normally
    for a couple of months and then the scroll wheel started being jumpy on it was well so I tried changing the batteries and it worked. But then after like three weeks the scroll wheel started being jumpy again (Changing the batteries didn't work this time).
    And I've tried looking on the internet for a solution but I can't find one. Some say it's dirt that has gotten clogged in under the wheel but I've had other mice that aren't wireless for years and they never had that problem.

So I don't know if it is some setting on my computer or if the wheel is really clogged or it is just a bad quality mouse. But someone please help it has gotten really annoying like at first I was kinda okay with the jumpy thing while I was scrolling on websites
    but I edit photos and I use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out but now I can't do it normally so please someone help

dianaΤ, May 16, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

I had that happening every now and than, sometimes I it was just bad mouse with worn out pot at the wheel but also when internet was low and ping very high. In later case, when problem was really bad (like when tethering phone with 3G for internet access) even keys on KB were delayed.
    Changing poll rates and wheel scroll to one line on mouse helped in some cases.

CountMike, May 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Longtime prob Jumpy Screenn Scrolling - Similar Threads - Longtime prob Jumpy

2. Mouse scroll is jumpy at faster scrolls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scroll is jumpy at faster scrolls: Hi,I have been having trouble with my mouse for awhile. If I use the wheel to scroll very slowly, it works ok, but as soon as I scroll more quickly it jumps and stays at the same place on the page. This happens both with my mouse at home and at work different equipment and in...
  3. Mouse scroll is jumpy at faster scrolls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll is jumpy at faster scrolls: Hi,I have been having trouble with my mouse for awhile. If I use the wheel to scroll very slowly, it works ok, but as soon as I scroll more quickly it jumps and stays at the same place on the page. This happens both with my mouse at home and at work different equipment and in...
  4. Mouse scroll is jumpy at faster scrolls

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Jumpy Cursor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jumpy Cursor.: I added an external monitor and now the cursor is intermittently jumpy.I now have it on slow, enhanced resolution , and medium trail. It is still not very smooth.I am using a logitech usp optical.1 should I change my mouse?2 do I need a different mouse driver?3 do I need a...
  6. Jumpy mouse

Jumpy mouse: Recently my mouse pointer has developed a tendency to jump of its own accord. Often right across the screen. I do have a good AV running and I have run two stand-alone rootkit scanners as well. All without finding anything. Has anyone else seen this? Please don't...
  7. Scrolling is a bit jumpy.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling is a bit jumpy.: When I scroll on a page it gets a little jumpy and I do not know what the problem is. It was not like this yesterday it just started when I turned my PC on today. https://gyazo.com/2161befa4804fa88bd15cfe086ebeeca submitted by /u/pandabearuwu [link] [comments]...
  8. how do i fix my jumpy scroll wheel ?

how do i fix my jumpy scroll wheel ?: my wireless mouse had been scrolling on its own and scrolling erratically. the issue persists when connected to my brother's computer, so it's not an issue with my device. i bought a brand new mouse and just connected it about ten minutes ago and had the exact same issue, so...
  9. Cursor is jumpy

Cursor is jumpy: Why does my cursor erroneously move around AND highlight full sentences AND/OR paragraphs AND then delete them if I hit the spacebar (at least I THINK that's when it happens) when I am typing? Very annoying. I will be typing and look up only to see that I'm typing wherever...
  10. Longtime irregular BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Longtime irregular BSODs: Hello, so I've been having 3-4 BSODs a month since an upgrade from Win7 to Win10 over year, year and a half ago. Error names were changing - it was not always the same ones. I updated drivers to newest ones, checked RAM in MemTest86+ for 6,5 hours - no error. Then I did...