Windows 10: 'Look for another app on this PC' no longer an option when setting default application by...

Discus and support 'Look for another app on this PC' no longer an option when setting default application by... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed on all of my Windows 10 machines Enterprise, Pro, and Home that this option is no longer available. Was this purposely removed for some weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CMerlin, Jul 9, 2020.

1. CMerlin Win User

'Look for another app on this PC' no longer an option when setting default application by...

I noticed on all of my Windows 10 machines Enterprise, Pro, and Home that this option is no longer available. Was this purposely removed for some weird reason?

:)

CMerlin, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

"Look for another app on this PC" disappeared

Hi,

When right-clicking a file and choosing Open With, it should show the recommended applications to use and below it are
    Show the Store and Choose an app.

Choose an app will give you more applications to select. If the application you want to use is not there,
    Look for another app on this PC will be at the end of the list. Send a screenshot for a clearer view of your concern about the missing option.

We look forward to your reply.

Erika Aro, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Setting default program by file type

Welcome to Ten Forums Pearson240

See this tutorial, Option Two, Step 3.

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10

Bree, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

'Look for another app on this PC' no longer an option when setting default application by...

"Look for another app on this PC" disappeared

Welcome to TenForums @raffaj

It can take a few clicks to get to that option, it's well hidden. If all is working properly you should be able to find it by a right-click on a file and selecting 'Open with > Choose another app'. On the bottom of the 'How do you want to open this file?' list that opens (you may need to scroll down to see it) is a 'More apps...' link. Click on that and the 'Look for another app on this PC' option should be at the bottom of that (long) list of apps.

Bree, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. 'Look for another app on this PC' no longer an option when setting default application by... - Similar Threads - 'Look another app

2. No 'look for another app' option for TEL link Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No 'look for another app' option for TEL link Windows 11 Home: I want to make the softphone application I have Rogers Unison my default TEL software. It appears under the application list see attached, and is already the default VCCS software, and no default TEL application is set.When I select the 'choose a default' option, it brings up...
  3. No 'look for another app' option for TEL link Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No 'look for another app' option for TEL link Windows 11 Home: I want to make the softphone application I have Rogers Unison my default TEL software. It appears under the application list see attached, and is already the default VCCS software, and no default TEL application is set.When I select the 'choose a default' option, it brings up...
  4. The context menu option, "Look for another app on this PC" has disappeared. I need help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The context menu option, "Look for another app on this PC" has disappeared. I need help.: Hello, Microsoft community,I need help with re-enabling this context menu option on my PC, specifically the one called “Look for another app on this PC”, as it has disappeared completely.Here is what I mean by disappeared:As you can see when I try to change the default...
  5. When I look in Advanced App Settings, I don't see the option to change the app...

When I look in Advanced App Settings, I don't see the option to change the app...: I've looked at a good number of articles and videos, and all of them pretty much boil down to "Switch out of S Mode", but I'm not in S Mode, I checked, and I don't know what to do. I'm just trying to play a fangame I saw in a video, and everytime I try, it won't let me...
  6. "More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...: Hi all,I work at a help desk and user reported that when setting default apps by file type in Settings the option "More apps" & "Look for more apps on this PC" no longer appear when trying to set an application as default. I thought her Windows install was corrupted in some...
  7. "More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...: Hi all,I work at a help desk and user reported that when setting default apps by file type in Settings the option "More apps" & "Look for more apps on this PC" no longer appear when trying to set an application as default. I thought her Windows install was corrupted in some...
  8. "More Apps" & "Look for More Apps on this PC" No Longer Available in "Choose default apps...

9. Apps by file type is no longer an option in Settings

Apps by file type is no longer an option in Settings: Recently the Anniversary Edition update made a lot of changes. some are okay but I am still finding things that it decided to change some of my setting. I want to switch bask to some of my apps that I used for a specific file types. My issue is there now a way to select...
  10. "Look for another app on this PC" disappeared

"Look for another app on this PC" disappeared: I had Windows 10 Home Edition. Through my university I upgraded to the Educational edition After the update, when I right click on a file and open the "Open With..." dialog, I can only choose one of the apps the dialog proposes or the option "Search in Windows Store for an...