Windows 10: Looking at going back to Nvidia

Discus and support Looking at going back to Nvidia in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; But I have also been told that the 1070 and 1080 are for multiple monitors, I only want one. By whom? I believe that all of the 10XX series support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by elbmek, Jan 12, 2017.

1. bobkn Win User

Looking at going back to Nvidia

By whom?

I believe that all of the 10XX series support multiple monitors. The differences are in performance and amount of VRAM.

bobkn, Jan 14, 2017
  2. elbmek Win User

Read it in search results and they stated they are MAINLY for multiple displays. But anyway, they are a bit over the top for what I want. I think the 1060 will do just fine. We shall see. The games I am running in my pc at present, apart from a multitude of puzzle games are FC2, SH4, Dark Star 1; AOE2HD, and I have the three X3 games, Unreal 2, Talos Principle.

elbmek, Jan 14, 2017
  3. bobkn Win User
    I'm not familiar with most of those, but Far Cry 2 and Unreal 2 are ancient. I'd expect that any 10XX card would run them well, as long as you don't get too crazy with resolution.

The 1060 looks like a good choice from the price/performance viewpoint. It's considerably better (from online benchmarks) than a 1050ti.

bobkn, Jan 14, 2017
  4. elbmek Win User

bob - I prefer these games, I have played them from day 1 and I know every tree in FC2 by name !!!! And silent hunter 4, I know what the destroyers tactics are by heart. The only time I got sunk was when I forgot to stop and hit an island!!!

elbmek, Jan 14, 2017
  5. elbmek Win User
    Now installed 1060 GTX Geforece 6GB and ASUS PB287Q - I inserted display port and HDMI on boot up and it defaulted to display port and it assumed a second monitor and all my desktop was 'somewhere off to the left and it was in max res. So I pulled the display port cable out (darn thing could tie up a ship!!) and it went to the HDMI cable and my icons returned to screen 1. Still try to figure it all out but new card is mega kit!!

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Looking at going back to Nvidia - Similar Threads - Looking going Nvidia

2. want to go back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to go back: my daughter received a new laptop for xmas , with win 11, when I first turned it on it was win10 s mode and did the update before i even had a chance to backup anything . she wants to go back to win 10 how do i do that? I do not have the go back option either....
  3. Going back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going back: I have an windows 8.1 pc. But it has like...no good features so i upgraded to windows 10. But later on I started to game more and more video editing. So I need performance. So this afternoon i just downgrade to windows 8.1, and IT DOSEN'T HAVE WIFI AND I CAN'T FIX IT I tried...
  4. Going back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Going back: I have an windows 8.1 pc. But it has like...no good features so i upgraded to windows 10. But later on I started to game more and more video editing. So I need performance. So this afternoon i just downgrade to windows 8.1, and IT DOSEN'T HAVE WIFI AND I CAN'T FIX IT I tried...
  5. GO back to Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GO back to Win7: I have win10 currently installed on my pc. I had win7 originally installed on my pc and had updated it during the free upgrade for win10. I need to go back to Win7 now, don't ask why. I had created recovery of Win7 when i had bought the pc on 3 discs. But I don't have any...
  6. going back on 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    going back on 1709: hi , since the 1803 been in use , i've got problems : - screen fixed and PC frozen (must cut power and restart) - erratic close and restart (and sometimes doesnt complete start) - sometimes , on start , mouse not working (wireless on usb) i am thinking to go back to my...
  7. go back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    go back: if I go back to win 7, can I reinstall 10 later before the year is up? there is a few bugs that maybe they will fix in the coming months, so I am planning to go back to 7 and watch what is happening 12659
  8. TenForums.com 2016: A look back

in Windows 10 Support
    TenForums.com 2016: A look back: Our virtual home TenForums.com went online on October 8th, 2013 (then with old name NineForums.com). I joined a day later, being one of the oldest members and proud of it *Smile. Screenshot from November 26th, 2013. We had 95 members on that day *Smile: [img]...
  9. A Look Back – and a Look Ahead – at Accessibility at Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    A Look Back – and a Look Ahead – at Accessibility at Microsoft: It’s been a little over a year since Microsoft restructured our approach to accessibility across the company and what a year it’s been! With CSUN kicking off this morning, want to take a moment to highlight the momentum at Microsoft and share some news – including an expanded...
  10. Looking Back and Looking Forward at gamescom 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Looking Back and Looking Forward at gamescom 2016: [img] This week we’re at the largest consumer gaming event in Europe – gamescom 2016 in Köln, Germany. Earlier today, I had the honor of kicking off our presence at the show by speaking with members of the press, key influencers and some of our biggest fans from the Xbox...