Windows 10: Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably)

Discus and support Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am selling a tablet for $150 to $175 and I will be purchasing a Laptop computer with the money I get for the tablet. I love my HP Desktop PC, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably)

I am selling a tablet for $150 to $175 and I will be purchasing a Laptop computer with the money I get for the tablet. I love my HP Desktop PC, but I need something portable also for when I have to show my pictures for my photography when I am on the go. Plus, sometimes it could be simpler to just be able to edit photos on the go when I am not at home with my Desktop computer.

With this being said, can someone recommend a website to find good Laptop computers (HP or Dell - HP preferably) at a low price? I can spend $150 to $175 and I may be able to spend $200 but that's all.

:)

Jesse Williams, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Chino Win User
    HP Laptops Shipped with Hidden Keylogger

Michael Myng, more commonly known as ZwClose, was approached by a friend to look into the possibility of controlling the keyboard's backlighting on his HP laptop. Michael was down for the challenge, and his friend sent the Synaptics SynTP.sys file over to him. After analyzing the keyboard driver, he found the sleeping keylogger. The logging function is disabled by default. However, intruders can enable it easily by modifying the registry value through malicious code. Michael reported the issue to HP, and the company released a list of the affected laptop models along with a security patch. The list contains over 400 models from HP's most popular product lines like the EliteBook, ProBook, ZBook, Spectre Pro, ENVY, Pavilion, OMEN - just mention a few. Now that the vulnerability is public, we urge HP laptop owners to install the security patch ASAP. The fix is also available on Windows Update if that's your preferred method.

Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably) AMIuiJrbivZCcN5d_thm.jpg

Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably) WHDM1DCXKVVH6ePu_thm.jpg

Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably) yPUBtijQ5Gthrugg_thm.jpg

Sources: ZwClose, HP

Chino, Apr 21, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably)

Quad-Core processor HP laptop appears to have just 2 cores

Dutch news today:

"HP will adjust incorrect indication of 'quad' at Pavilion 17
    Olaf van Miltenburg, Friday, December 11th, 2015 13:09, 11 comments • Feedback

HP will adapt the specification lists some 17 Pavilion laptops to ensure that the AMD processor no longer erroneously designated as quad. According to the manufacturer concerned a mistake. Purchasers of the laptop are legally entitled to a repair or replacement.

The mention of the presence of a quad is a mistake that has crept specification lists, says HP spokesman Herbert Wormgoor. "The HP Pavilion 17 is unintentionally put down with a quad-core processor in HP's data sheets. HP has taken action to correct the information. Customers can contact the retailer where they purchased the product for further information and support," the entire states statement from the company.

HP will adapt the information on as many places and stores in light of the steps to take. Details on these steps the company can not give, but the consumer is clear about this. Based on article 17 of Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Code, a product must meet the expectations of the consumer.

The Authority Consumer & Market clarifies that a product is defective if it does not work as promised by the seller or manufacturer for example in advertising or does not meet the specifications. "In principle, you must first ask for repair or replacement, and only then can you reclaim your money," explains ICT lawyer Arnoud Engelfriet increasing.

It involves Pavilion 17 laptops sold in the Netherlands with model numbers p030nd and p031nd and in Belgium as p074nb. If the laptop also supplied abroad with incorrect processor designation is not known. Not only the specification lists mention the presence of an AMD A8-7050 quad-core, also in commercials and on the box was this designation. Based on a CPU-Z screenshot of a user of Hardware.info, and according to testing the site, it appeared earlier this week to deal with a dual-core performance to match. The AMD A8-7050 seems to be used by HP and it would be the first A8 APU with two instead of four cores. The specifications of the integrated Radeon R5 video chip are correct. There are no dual-core APUs of AMD known, the specifications similar to those of the corresponding chip in the HP-laptops.
    "

Translated with google translate.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/106800/h...vilion-17-aanpassen.html?nb=2015-12-11&u=1300

P4-630, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably)

1. Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably) - Similar Threads - Looking Laptops Dell

2. HP PavilionPC and Dell Latitude LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP PavilionPC and Dell Latitude LAPTOP: HP PavilionPC and Dell Latitude LAPTOP both were running windows 8 at first and windows kept asking me to update I finally did and now my Bluetooth doesn't work for either No toggle or drivers so do i downgrade as both worked fine before and theres no help with windows 10...
  3. HP PavilionPC and Dell Latitude LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP PavilionPC and Dell Latitude LAPTOP: HP PavilionPC and Dell Latitude LAPTOP both were running windows 8 at first and windows kept asking me to update I finally did and now my Bluetooth doesn't work for either No toggle or drivers so do i downgrade as both worked fine before and theres no help with windows 10...
  4. HP PavilionPC and Dell Latitude LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hp laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp laptop: So I've left my hp laptop for over a month now and when I went to power it on from it being dead its saying boot from disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop/59831820-46d6-4ec2-aea6-b725ca583334
  6. HP to Dell Transition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP to Dell Transition: Recently I bought a Dell Laptop, I had an HP, and I am looking to delete all the files from the "documents" folder in the old PC without impacting the One Drive Folder I want to transition all of these files on One Drive to my new PC...
  7. HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Laptop: Whenever I unplug my charging cord, my laptop turns off. When I have it plugged it, it does not charge above 3%. What could be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop/56f5679e-0bb6-4ba5-9e25-c3f130074a9f
  8. connect HP scanner wireless to Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect HP scanner wireless to Dell laptop: The scanner/printer doesn"t connect with laptop, although it runs print orders from the same maschine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-hp-scanner-wireless-to-dell-laptop/98254de3-b51b-442f-a09c-b3cf722fd498
  9. .HP laptop

.HP laptop: This is a long story , i am running a system restore as so many things went wrong today .The system restore has been running for one and a half hours. My keyboard has stopped some of the keys working. This is on my iPad btw. There is a small black oblong in all my...
  10. New Hp Laptop Someone have a look?

New Hp Laptop Someone have a look?: Hello, Brand new HP laptop less than a month old with literally nothing it. Got it from Costco at a good deal. Wife was playing solitaire and boom. Ran it thru WinDBG and got this.... Can a guru have a look? Time to take it back? Thanks BUGCHECK_STR:...