Windows 10: Looking at new Laptops

Discus and support Looking at new Laptops in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had good luck with HP laptops in the past as well (just not their printers). I would not get another Toshiba. They just don't seem to perform as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Looking at new Laptops

My Toshiba has been great. I don't like AMD processors either. I like Intel. I had an Acer laptop not long ago with an AMD processor, and it just didn't perform as well as my Toshiba with the Intel processor has done.

Jesse Williams, Jan 30, 2017
  2. JBGoode Win User

HP Pavilion p214dx is the exact model with the specs I have. I paid about $550 for it new 2 years ago. I saw similar models when I purchased that one. Some with an i5 processor and 8 gigs of RAM and they were all in the same price range.

Note that mine did come with 8.1 but upgraded flawlessly to 10 and have had no issue with subsequent updates.

JBGoode, Jan 30, 2017
  3. NavyLCDR New Member
    I'm looking to replace my wife's Toshiba C55T-B5110 (Intel N3530 processor) for her birthday due to battery charging issues. It's been a horribly slow laptop ever since purchased new. But, of course, some models will perform better than others from the same manufacturer.

NavyLCDR, Jan 30, 2017
  4. Looking at new Laptops

My computer will stay charged for the whole day. We do have an HP Stream notebook or netbook PC that we are trying to sell since no one really uses as it is very small. It came with Windows 10. Anyhow, the screen on it flickers at times when it's been used for long periods of time. They say that HP will soon send out a fix for it to fix the flickering. I wonder how much we could sell it for? It's in excellent shape.

Jesse Williams, Jan 30, 2017
  5. pparks1 Win User
    Get an external dvd drive for about $25.

pparks1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Looking at new Laptops

1. Looking at new Laptops - Similar Threads - Looking Laptops

2. How can I delete Onedrive from my new laptop and have all my folders look like they did on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete Onedrive from my new laptop and have all my folders look like they did on...: Hi,I bought a new laptop and following the advice of a friend, used OneDrive to transfer my data from the old laptop to this one.But now, I would like to stop using OneDrive and go back to the old system of having my folders offline and only taking backup when I want.I have...
  3. How can I delete Onedrive from my new laptop and have all my folders look like they did on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I delete Onedrive from my new laptop and have all my folders look like they did on...: Hi,I bought a new laptop and following the advice of a friend, used OneDrive to transfer my data from the old laptop to this one.But now, I would like to stop using OneDrive and go back to the old system of having my folders offline and only taking backup when I want.I have...
  4. Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.: So i've been looking for a driver for 'Multimedia Audio Controller' for my windows xp laptop. Closest results i found gave me links to a website that no longer existed. I got error 28 when trying to diagnose the problem, and most games i've been playing either don't work or...
  5. Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.

Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.: So i've been looking for a driver for 'Multimedia Audio Controller' for my windows xp laptop. Closest results i found gave me links to a website that no longer existed. I got error 28 when trying to diagnose the problem, and most games i've been playing either don't work or...
  6. My windows 11 laptop goes to sleep after a few seconds when I'm not looking at the screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 laptop goes to sleep after a few seconds when I'm not looking at the screen...: This is really annoying when I'm trying to watch and listen to a Youtube video or something and have to look away from my computer screen for a moment. Or just when I'm only looking away from my laptop for a short period of time for whatever reason.I have the 'screen & sleep'...
  7. My windows 11 laptop goes to sleep after a few seconds when I'm not looking at the screen...

My windows 11 laptop goes to sleep after a few seconds when I'm not looking at the screen...: This is really annoying when I'm trying to watch and listen to a Youtube video or something and have to look away from my computer screen for a moment. Or just when I'm only looking away from my laptop for a short period of time for whatever reason.I have the 'screen & sleep'...
  8. Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking...: Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking at the key as I type it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-telling-me-the-recovery-key-for/e934b651-3a9c-4f7c-9c4f-a5b95221fe64
  9. Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking...

Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking...: Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking at the key as I type it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-telling-me-the-recovery-key-for/e934b651-3a9c-4f7c-9c4f-a5b95221fe64
  10. Looking for a basic laptop for an elderly person. Can you buy windows 11 without s?

Looking for a basic laptop for an elderly person. Can you buy windows 11 without s?: HiI am looking for a low spec laptop for an elderly lady who only does banking, email and someone online shopping. I am worried that if I buy one with windows 11 it will be this s mode thing, lol Can you buy a laptop without the s mode? If not is is easy for a non tech person...