Windows 10: Looking for 17.3" gaming laptop with DVD drive

Discus and support Looking for 17.3" gaming laptop with DVD drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for a 17.3" gaming laptop with an optical drive for a 2nd hard drive caddy. Is there anything around? Thanks! =) 175536 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redblade8, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Redblade8 Win User

Looking for 17.3" gaming laptop with DVD drive

Hi, I'm looking for a 17.3" gaming laptop with an optical drive for a 2nd hard drive caddy.

Is there anything around?
    Thanks! =)

:)

Redblade8, Mar 8, 2021

2. DVD Games Will not install.

Hi,

For us to better assist you with the issue on your DVD drive, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any changes or updates on your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Have you tried using other computers or external DVD drives, to check if it reads the DVD game?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 8, 2021
  3. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Looking for 17.3" gaming laptop with DVD drive

DVD Drive repeatedly missing

Thanks for your suggestions.

My PC is ASROCK ACPI X64 and the DVD drive is optiarc DVD RW AD 5240S.

I have tried all your methods from 1 to 3 but none solved the problem.

Method 1 Step 5

Run as administrator not available

Method 2 Step C

Expand DVD/CD rom drives Not visable

Method 3 Step 3

Corrupted files found but not all fixed

All updates have been installed.

Any new suggestions?

Regards:

David Massey 175, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Looking for 17.3" gaming laptop with DVD drive

1. Looking for 17.3" gaming laptop with DVD drive - Similar Threads - Looking gaming laptop

2. Dvd drive issue in laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dvd drive issue in laptop: I can't use my DVD drive in laptop. It doesn't open. I can't read or burn anything through the drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-issue-in-laptop/d09630f0-a506-49f9-8038-e69a973afcee
  3. Why won't startup look at us or dvd drive first?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won't startup look at us or dvd drive first?: I've got repair disks and a windows usb but can't get either to work. I kept changing boot order but the pc resets it and goes into an endless update-fail-restore cycle. I'd like to get some files off this thing before trashing it. I remember when startup always looked at...
  4. Fable 3, Games for Windows Live, PC DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fable 3, Games for Windows Live, PC DVD: I purchased this game 26.JUN.2011 when it first came out. I have the original boxed PC DVD with product key and would like to play it. It seems you have discontinued Windows Live, so how do I play my game? Devin Noffsinger 417 332-7740 *** Email address is removed for...
  5. Microsoft is looking into reports of Surface Laptop 3 cracked screens

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is looking into reports of Surface Laptop 3 cracked screens: For the past couple of months, a number of Surface Laptop 3 customers have been reporting the screens of their new devices were cracking, allegedly through no fault of their own. Microsoft has been advising the majority of those users that they will have to pay out of pocket...
  6. DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD drive missing,external hard drive looks like an iso: Hello Let me begin by saying my grammar is a bit bad so bare with me and I'm not a techie so I might've done something. Ok so I was upgrading to windows 10 yesterday and thought I'd burn the iso on the USB stick as a back up (because I have power outs usually and thought what...
  7. DVD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive: DVD no longer plays movies, it keeps asking to insert disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/5709fd73-ed10-4786-922f-af9a7b620797
  8. Laptop DVD Drive will not close!!

Laptop DVD Drive will not close!!: So many many months ago my DVD drive stopped working.. It just did not open no matter how many times I pressed the button on the side. It also never opened when right clicking and selecting Eject on the D: DVD drive option in Devices & Drives. But a few days ago, I searched...
  9. Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share desktop DVD Drive with Laptop: The DVD drive on my laptop died. I often play games like Monopoly on my laptop while watching TV, but they require the DVD in the drive (which doesn't work). Can I share the DVD drive on my desktop with the laptop. I'd put the Monopoly disk in the desktop, re-install from...
  10. 3 DVD drives on the same bus

3 DVD drives on the same bus: I have a Windows 7 PC with 3 DVD drives. Imgburn shows them as connected to 3 different SATA busses: [2:0:0], [3:0:0], and [4:0:0]. After upgrading to Windows 10, all of them ended up on the same bus, [2:0:0], like this: [img] Why did that change? I tried connecting...