Windows 10: Looking for a (convenient) way to increase CPU real time performance

Discus and support Looking for a (convenient) way to increase CPU real time performance in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I work in both Audio and Video. Latency in video editing isn't really a problem but with audio editing where changes need to be real time, latency... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Thornton, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Thornton Win User

Looking for a (convenient) way to increase CPU real time performance

I work in both Audio and Video. Latency in video editing isn't really a problem but with audio editing where changes need to be real time, latency becomes a problem. When editing audio I peak at around 40% CPU usage and can render audio nearly 400% faster than real time but during real time play back while editing I frequently get pops and clicks if I load too many plugins or if I have too many tracks. I already know this is partially in part to my audio interface but the interface can only go as fast as the drivers permit and the drivers are pretty light weight to begin with.

My main concern is coming from how many things I need to have plugged into my computer. Given what I do, I have 3 monitors, 2 graphics cards, 1 external backup drive, 3 internal hard drives and a SSD, as well as the audio interface and all the dongles necessary for different software. The way it was explained to me is that the DAW struggles when it switches between tasks to write to a disk or any thing the CPU needs to process, that it briefly puts a pause on the CPUs power to the audio drivers devices and that leads to the pops, clicks, and driver crashes.

I very much need all my hard drives and dongles and monitors, so I am wondering if there is a way to reduce how much my CPU needs to switch back and forth to them and hopefully thus increase my real time performance.

I have more than sufficient cores and power on my CPU given that the non real time render turns 4 minutes of heavily processed audio into only 1 minute.... so theoretically there needs to be some way to increase real time performance as well.... Im just not sure what that way is that doesn't disturb the rest of my work flow and I am hoping someone here may have an idea.

:)

Thornton, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 4, 2019
  3. adonis08 Win User
    Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Jul 4, 2019
  4. adonis08 Win User

Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Looking for a (convenient) way to increase CPU real time performance - Similar Threads - Looking convenient increase

2. Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance: I'm currently having issues with remote desktop performance. Currently my desktop computer used during the remote desktop sessions is adequate i7-8700k, 32 GB DDR4, GTX 1080 and 1TB Nvme drive, while the laptop used for Remote Desktop is 2014 HP with an i5 and 8 GB of RAM....
  3. Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance: I'm currently having issues with remote desktop performance. Currently my desktop computer used during the remote desktop sessions is adequate i7-8700k, 32 GB DDR4, GTX 1080 and 1TB Nvme drive, while the laptop used for Remote Desktop is 2014 HP with an i5 and 8 GB of RAM....
  4. Increase system performance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase system performance: I'm using HP laptop with window 10. My lap is taking too much time to open any apps or windows while i'm using it. I tried many tips by following some youtube videos but doesn't work for me. Kindly suggest me to improve my system performance like new laptop....
  5. system interrupts service increasing CPU performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system interrupts service increasing CPU performance: system interrupts service increasing CPU performance and reducing the the system usage. Need solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-service-increasing-cpu/49fb1496-7969-4c58-b35c-4de85ed0ff51
  6. Increasing SSD performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increasing SSD performance?: Hi, I just migrated from an old intel 240GB SSD to a newer Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD. This is the 5GB benchmark I did: https://ibb.co/wLcpw5V I saw some get much higher 4K-64Thrd on the read and write. See here for example:...
  7. Permanently disable the Real Time Protection to increase performance

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permanently disable the Real Time Protection to increase performance: I am trying to permanently disable the Real Time Protection RTP - and I succeed on one Windows10 where I after reboot still have disabled the RTP. On another Windows10 I fail. After reboot the RTP is active again. I can see that the entry I made using the Regedit has...
  8. Looking for a real-time audio normalizer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for a real-time audio normalizer: Hey all. I often watch podcast videos with multiple guests. Often when each guest talks their volume levels are all over the place - one can be super loud, one is ok, one is super quiet. After some Googling the normal solution is enabling the loudness equalization option in...
  9. Increase Gaming Performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase Gaming Performance?: So my i7-8700K just arrived and I’m a little disappointed with my Gaming PC’s performance. My GPU’s usage hovers around 60% and Shadow of War’s FPS dips down into the 20’s at times. Black Desert averages around 12 FPS... Does anyone have any tips regarding how to boost...
  10. Looking for every way possible to squeeze as much performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Looking for every way possible to squeeze as much performance: Hey guys, so I bought a Minix Z64 Windows edition and it's very weak hardware wise, but it does the job pretty nicely when I load any media on to it, which is it's only purpose. I find myself enjoying it a lot, it has very nice performance for a streamer but I can't help but...