Windows 10: Looking for a decent video editing app, preferrably free

Discus and support Looking for a decent video editing app, preferrably free in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to use Windows Movie Maker, and its successively renamed iterations, to crop, edit, and stitch videos together. Occasionally, I would stitch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bfollowell, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Looking for a decent video editing app, preferrably free

I used to use Windows Movie Maker, and its successively renamed iterations, to crop, edit, and stitch videos together. Occasionally, I would stitch together a bunch of photos and add a tune and make a little slideshow video out of them. It's not something I do a lot; just occasionally for little home videos and playing around. Microsoft did away with the little tool several years ago. Are any of you familiar with any other decent applications, preferably free, that will allow me to similarly work with videos in all the popular formats (avi, mov, mpg, mkv, mp4, etc.), and will let me make photo slideshows to music?

Thanks.

:)

bfollowell, Jun 14, 2019
  2. NinaDG Win User

Video editing?

If anyone is looking for alternative video editing software after WMM was stopped being supported, here is a decent list of free tools working on Windows 10.

NinaDG, Jun 14, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any?

Did you see my post above?
    Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any? - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Looking for a decent video editing app, preferrably free

editing video in windows 10 photo app

Thanks for the information.

If the issue happened after installing the Polarr Pro, we suggest that you uninstall the app first and check if the photo app will work.

To uninstall a program in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Look for Programs and Features.
    • Right-click Polarr Pro.
    • Click Uninstall.

Get back to us with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Looking for a decent video editing app, preferrably free

1. Looking for a decent video editing app, preferrably free - Similar Threads - Looking decent video

2. Video Editing App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editing App: To, Microsoft Community I am Gavin. Using following Version of Windows 10 OS: Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language, Version20H2, Installed on ‎21-‎10-‎2020, OS build: 19042.610, Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 . I want to Edit Videos, so...
  3. Looking for Good Photo & Video Editing App.

Looking for Good Photo & Video Editing App.: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version 20H2 OS Build: 19042.572. I am looking for Good Photo & Video Editing App, where i can edit My Photos & Video. Which one is the best in Windows 10. Any recommedition or suggestions....
  4. Free video editing in windows 2020 not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Free video editing in windows 2020 not available: Hi all After a clean installation, I opened photo app to edit my video but there is no option for video editing anymore? Is it like that now? Regards...
  5. free Windows 10 program for video editing?

free Windows 10 program for video editing?: Hello, looking for a free program for Windows 10 for private video editing. At the moment I have Resolve 16 but find it a bit complicated. Must be able to play several videos in splitscreen. Otherwise I would only need standard things like transitions, video editing etc. Can...
  6. Is the music in Microsoft's PHOTOS App for Video Editing Royalty-Free Music

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is the music in Microsoft's PHOTOS App for Video Editing Royalty-Free Music: Is the music in Microsoft's PHOTOS App for Video Editing Royalty-Free Music? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-music-in-microsofts-photos-app-for-video/39970ae4-d6b1-41c6-900c-13a416cfe18c
  7. Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably)

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably): I am selling a tablet for $150 to $175 and I will be purchasing a Laptop computer with the money I get for the tablet. I love my HP Desktop PC, but I need something portable also for when I have to show my pictures for my photography when I am on the go. Plus, sometimes it...
  8. Looking for a simple video editing program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a simple video editing program: I have a .mp4 video that I want to edit and cut some parts out of. There are some parts in the video (on the sides) I want to cut out, as you do on a picture. Is this even possible to do? Is there a program in W10 for this or can you recommend a easy free editor program?...
  9. Video Editing App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Editing App: Hi, I want to Edit Videos, hence looking for Good Video Editing App for My Microsoft Windows 10 OS. Which App would you suggest or recommend. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-editing-app/09958042-caf2-42a6-822e-bae83e4e3b03
  10. Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any?

Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any?: I've bought a Win 10 tablet and now I am looking for a decent Video player, like MxPlayer (or several others) available for Android. The app should: play any "standard video format", like MKV, MP4 encoded in h.264/aac or mp3. playing "http" INTERNET streams (I don't expect...