Windows 10: Looking for a disk cleaner software to remove leftover files from uninstalled software.

Discus and support Looking for a disk cleaner software to remove leftover files from uninstalled software. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m running Win 10 LTSC 2019. Apart from uninstalling a few regular applications I’ve also recently uninstalled the Windows store after installing it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsvyktbaby, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Looking for a disk cleaner software to remove leftover files from uninstalled software.

I’m running Win 10 LTSC 2019. Apart from uninstalling a few regular applications I’ve also recently uninstalled the Windows store after installing it through a method I found on github.

This is Windows so as expected there are plenty of leftover files from uninstalled programs. Is there a cleaner program I can use to get rid of them and will it be able to remove files left by the windows store? I understand it’s most likely not programmed to deal with that but if the store is no longer installed I don’t see why it can’t detect leftover files the same way it detects files from other programs.

submitted by /u/itsvyktbaby
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itsvyktbaby, Sep 11, 2020

2. Which cleaning software is the best?

Try Download Revo Uninstaller 2.1.7 Revo Uninstaller achieves a total cleanup operation of all the software remnants. The steps it performs are the following: detects all the applications installed on your system, allowing you to choose the one to be removed; then, it offers users three uninstallation methods: Safe (very fast), Moderate (searches in the most common places for leftovers) and Advanced (the scan is thorough, but takes longer).

Strontium_dog, Sep 11, 2020
  3. jopaluka Win User
    Uninstalling software

Hello there,

This is Jo. The Norton antivirus program on my computer became non-functional so I tried to uninstall it. I uninstalled by going to control panel, add/remove programs, pointed to the Norton icons and hit delete. Now I have a file on C drive called: ccSetMgr.exe which will not go away. I tried many times to delete it but no success. I tried to reinstall Norton but the softwar recognises the remaining file and hence does not permit reinstallation. Please give me some help.

jopaluka, Sep 11, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Looking for a disk cleaner software to remove leftover files from uninstalled software.

How to remove double entries same program in uninstall software

Hi some ideas here:
    How to Manually Remove Programs from the Windows Uninstall Program List

Sometimes if a newer version is installed - and in particular if you install a newer version and choose to overwrite an existing folder for that program- this can happen.

To clean up, I routinely uninstall programs using either Geek Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller (free/pro), which run the program's own uninstaller (configured by its author) and then scan for leftover debris (overlooked by the author).

Geek Uninstaller offers these options for convenience:

Looking for a disk cleaner software to remove leftover files from uninstalled software. [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Looking for a disk cleaner software to remove leftover files from uninstalled software.

1. Looking for a disk cleaner software to remove leftover files from uninstalled software. - Similar Threads - Looking disk cleaner

2. How to completely uninstall any software with leftovers ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to completely uninstall any software with leftovers ?: I want to uninstall any software completely like it was never installed in the first place . I don't want to do the stuffs manually . Previously I always used the default uninstaller that comes with the softwares . After uninstalling sometimes the folder remains there . So I...
  3. Removing of folder with left over files of uninstalled software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing of folder with left over files of uninstalled software: I unnstalled Surfshark VPN from my PC and some files are left over in a folder on Drive C. When I tried to remove it, I got a message "you require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder". Subsequently, after chat with Support Agent, I tried to delete it by...
  4. To Uninstall Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To Uninstall Software: Uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel....
  5. Looking for a software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a software: Hey guys, I am looking for a software that coverts my 23-30 fps videos to 60 fps on Windows 10. If a simple TV can do it with live broadcast, then it should be fairly easy of i7. Please if you know, let me know submitted by /u/jaypatel149 [link] [comments]...
  6. PC cleaner software for windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC cleaner software for windows 10?: I just fresh installed windows 10 and I'm looking for a good PC Cleaner software and I'm asking the community to tell me if glary utilities is safe to use on windows 10? PS yes I know everything about feature storage sense but I just want something more directly when...
  7. Software uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software uninstall: I am trying to uninstall Quicken 2016. I am running windows10. I get error code 1721 when I try to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-uninstall/4a476f38-a657-4ac2-880f-13ee9501abef
  8. Cleaner Software obstruction

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cleaner Software obstruction: Hi, My CCleaner program is being obstructed by'Edge.' I have been advised to navigate, via 'Registry' to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft|MicrosoftEdge\Main' in order to rectify the fault. Unhappily, M/sedge does not appear after '\Microsoft'...
  9. the best cleaner software for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    the best cleaner software for windows 10?: I'm just wondering what is the best cleaner software for windows 10 in 2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-best-cleaner-software-for-windows-10/48d67200-621b-40c8-89ca-56e9c1dab7cf
  10. Good system cleaner/maintenance software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Good system cleaner/maintenance software?: What's everyone using as a good system cleaner/maintenance app these days, like ccleaner? 120230