Windows 10: Looking For A Firewall

Discus and support Looking For A Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Im looking for a paid/free firewall that you can block all network activity from the taskbar. Anyone know of any? 119293 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jrolson, Oct 6, 2018.

1. jrolson Win User

Looking For A Firewall

Im looking for a paid/free firewall that you can block all network activity from the taskbar.

Anyone know of any?

:)

jrolson, Oct 6, 2018

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Oct 6, 2018
  3. firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Looking For A Firewall

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Looking For A Firewall

1. Looking For A Firewall - Similar Threads - Looking Firewall

2. why is my window 11 screen look like this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my window 11 screen look like this?: The part that is not black is normal, but i can't click on anything inside the black space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-window-11-screen-look-like-this/c6ad2e49-9451-48d2-b140-93f06a365b98
  3. I have a computer that has a firewall alert, and it looks a bit sketch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a computer that has a firewall alert, and it looks a bit sketch...: Is this a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-computer-that-has-a-firewall-alert-and-it/db7e2d5c-ae99-4bb8-8dc3-1f210eea41e8
  4. I have a computer that has a firewall alert, and it looks a bit sketch...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a computer that has a firewall alert, and it looks a bit sketch...: Is this a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-computer-that-has-a-firewall-alert-and-it/db7e2d5c-ae99-4bb8-8dc3-1f210eea41e8
  5. Looking for a Good Software Firewall for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for a Good Software Firewall for Windows 10: Hi all I am not so happy with the built-in Firewall that comes with Windows 10, can anyone recommend a good third party Firewall? Thank you 175661
  6. Windows Firewall and odd looking paths showing D:0\ instead of drive letter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall and odd looking paths showing D:0\ instead of drive letter: A couple of days ago, I replaced my SSD with a bigger one. On the disk, I had two partitions - one 100 GB for Windows C: and one 400 GB for other stuff F:. To replace the disk, I used a tool called AOMEI Backupper which comes with a disk cloning feature. The cloning...
  7. Strange looking drive letter in Windows Firewall

Strange looking drive letter in Windows Firewall: I recently replaced my old SSD drive with a bigger one to get some well-needed extra space. I used a program called AOMEI Backupper for the task. It all went well but one thing I noticed afterwards is how I've had to allow applications residing on one of the partitions of...
  8. WINDOWS SEEMS TO SELECT ITS OWN PROGRAM TO LOOK AFTER THE FIREWALL-WHY CANT THE USER MAKE...

WINDOWS SEEMS TO SELECT ITS OWN PROGRAM TO LOOK AFTER THE FIREWALL-WHY CANT THE USER MAKE...: WINDOWS SEEMS TO SELECT ITS OWN PROGRAM TO LOOK AFTER THE FIREWALL-WHY CANT THE USER MAKE THIS SELECTION? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-seems-to-select-its-own-program-to-look/390855c0-474a-4336-9a78-b3eccaf3220c"
  9. Windows 10 firewall on looking to map a drive to the computer c drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 firewall on looking to map a drive to the computer c drive.: Hello, I have windows 10 computers with the firewall turned of for all networks. One of the things that I am trying to find out is how to allow mapping by admins. I would like to do it through group policy for all computers in the agency. Anyone know. Also if you know how...
  10. looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log

looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log: I've just started to log my firewall connections. I'm looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the log. What is everybody's favorite. A big plus for free or cheap software, open source or proprietary, don't matter to me. But I'm willing to pay if it can provide really good...