Windows 10: Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.

Discus and support Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a good free antivirus recommendable for Windows 10. Not sure if the Defender which comes with Windows 10 is good enough... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pktm007, Jun 11, 2021.

1. pktm007 Win User

Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.

Is there a good free antivirus recommendable for Windows 10. Not sure if the Defender which comes with Windows 10 is good enough

:)

pktm007, Jun 11, 2021

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10. - Similar Threads - Looking free antivirus

2. Is TotalAV a good Antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is TotalAV a good Antivirus?: I currently use Malwarebytes the free one for scans and etc. Recently it has removed a Trojan, but I want to make sure, and have on demand scanning that could be better. I've seen recommendations for TotalAV and just want to make sure that it is not a scam and is better than...
  3. Is mcafee a good antivirus?

Is mcafee a good antivirus?: I bought it an year ago but now it's not working too well and i was wondering if i should renew my subscription or just buy something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-mcafee-a-good-antivirus/b3232e31-4931-4ed7-a6c0-205508421fdb
  4. Looking for a good free Multimedia Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a good free Multimedia Player: I currently have 4 And use 4 MM Players. MPC-HC-64bit, Videolan (VLC) Player, Zoom player, and Windows Media Player 12. MPC-HC was my default mm player. It had a slew of internal codecs, fairly easy to operate, easy to skip through frames, a lot of customization, Videos load...
  5. Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?

Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?: I recently heard about the Avast scandal. Avast allegedly sold millions of user data. I'm not sure if this is true, but to be on the safe side, I decided to uninstall it. Do you know any good alternatives?...
  6. Good antivirus softwares

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Good antivirus softwares: I’m getting a Windows desktop soon and I’d like to download an antivirus software for safety. I’ve only used Macs so I’m not very sure what works well. Could anyone recommend some? (Preferably cheap or at a free price) submitted by /u/rsienna [link] [comments]...
  7. Do you know a free good antivirus program for Win10?

Do you know a free good antivirus program for Win10?: Hey community you know a good antivirus program probably caught me a virus and that's why I'm here now...should be for free...thanks in advance Kennt ihr ein kostenloses gutes Antiviren Programm für Win10?
  8. I’m looking for a good antivirus for windows 10 (free). In a couple months I’ll be...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m looking for a good antivirus for windows 10 (free). In a couple months I’ll be...: submitted by /u/SaxDogga [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxruzh/im_looking_for_a_good_antivirus_for_windows_10/
  9. free antivirus

free antivirus: Does any user recommend a free safe and effective virus scan and remover? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/free-antivirus/d94a80f9-b74b-4ff2-9bbe-5f54d6106b66
  10. What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?

What is a good free antivirus or free trial ?: I have tried four and all four have tried one way or another to screw up my computer either they mess with the start up or try to dismantle my webcam these antivirus security programs do more damage than viruses. these programs have cost me money to repair my laptop and one...