Windows 10: Looking for a good laptop.

Discus and support Looking for a good laptop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been searching for a good laptop to use for mainly office products and chrome. I'm looking for something 'future proof' so that I won't need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sessinnek, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Looking for a good laptop.

I have been searching for a good laptop to use for mainly office products and chrome. I'm looking for something 'future proof' so that I won't need to get a new one for a while. The specs I am looking for are as follows (and are able to be changed but not much):

- 15" - 17" screen (I don't care if it is a touch screen or not)

- Backlit keyboard (doesn't need to be fancy just backlit)

- Light in weight

- Any processor with 1.8 - 4.2 GHz (prefer Intel)

- 12gb ram (minimum)

- 1tb of storage (HDD or SSD)

- SSD for boot (optional)

- WindowsNow for the part that will be hard (and why I came here), I need to find something similar to this in terms of specs and build for under $800 (but I would way prefer under $700). I hope this is somewhat possible, and at this point, any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/sessinnek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sessinnek, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Eric3988 Win User

Looking for a good laptop

Hey everyone! I am in the market for a laptop that is primarily going to be used for student applications with some light gaming (WoW, Rome Total War, older games). If anyone has any suggestions for me I would appreciate it. Btw, since I am looking for some gaming would a Nvidia 7150M card be good for that kind of gaming? I've seen a few HP laptops for cheap that had them built in and would like to know if that is a good deal? Thanks, as always!

Eric3988, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jul 2, 2020
  4. banger Win User

Looking for a good laptop.

Looking for a laptop

Been looking at laptops, and I see some cheap laptops have Celeron and Pentium processors, how do the compare in performance to i3 and i5 processors.

Would like a 15 inch laptop, preference is hp because the build quality looks good but open to suggestions.

banger, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Looking for a good laptop.

1. Looking for a good laptop. - Similar Threads - Looking laptop

2. How can I delete Onedrive from my new laptop and have all my folders look like they did on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete Onedrive from my new laptop and have all my folders look like they did on...: Hi,I bought a new laptop and following the advice of a friend, used OneDrive to transfer my data from the old laptop to this one.But now, I would like to stop using OneDrive and go back to the old system of having my folders offline and only taking backup when I want.I have...
  3. How can I delete Onedrive from my new laptop and have all my folders look like they did on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I delete Onedrive from my new laptop and have all my folders look like they did on...: Hi,I bought a new laptop and following the advice of a friend, used OneDrive to transfer my data from the old laptop to this one.But now, I would like to stop using OneDrive and go back to the old system of having my folders offline and only taking backup when I want.I have...
  4. Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.: So i've been looking for a driver for 'Multimedia Audio Controller' for my windows xp laptop. Closest results i found gave me links to a website that no longer existed. I got error 28 when trying to diagnose the problem, and most games i've been playing either don't work or...
  5. Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.

Looking for drivers for my windows xp gateway laptop.: So i've been looking for a driver for 'Multimedia Audio Controller' for my windows xp laptop. Closest results i found gave me links to a website that no longer existed. I got error 28 when trying to diagnose the problem, and most games i've been playing either don't work or...
  6. My windows 11 laptop goes to sleep after a few seconds when I'm not looking at the screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 laptop goes to sleep after a few seconds when I'm not looking at the screen...: This is really annoying when I'm trying to watch and listen to a Youtube video or something and have to look away from my computer screen for a moment. Or just when I'm only looking away from my laptop for a short period of time for whatever reason.I have the 'screen & sleep'...
  7. My windows 11 laptop goes to sleep after a few seconds when I'm not looking at the screen...

My windows 11 laptop goes to sleep after a few seconds when I'm not looking at the screen...: This is really annoying when I'm trying to watch and listen to a Youtube video or something and have to look away from my computer screen for a moment. Or just when I'm only looking away from my laptop for a short period of time for whatever reason.I have the 'screen & sleep'...
  8. Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking...: Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking at the key as I type it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-telling-me-the-recovery-key-for/e934b651-3a9c-4f7c-9c4f-a5b95221fe64
  9. Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking...

Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking...: Why is my laptop telling me the Recovery Key for Bitlocker isn't correct when I am looking at the key as I type it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-telling-me-the-recovery-key-for/e934b651-3a9c-4f7c-9c4f-a5b95221fe64
  10. Looking for a basic laptop for an elderly person. Can you buy windows 11 without s?

Looking for a basic laptop for an elderly person. Can you buy windows 11 without s?: HiI am looking for a low spec laptop for an elderly lady who only does banking, email and someone online shopping. I am worried that if I buy one with windows 11 it will be this s mode thing, lol Can you buy a laptop without the s mode? If not is is easy for a non tech person...