Windows 10: looking for a GPU upgrade

Discus and support looking for a GPU upgrade in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello all, its been a while since i posted here, i have done some research on some GPU and i am slightly still confused as to what to get, since i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Pantz, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Pantz Win User

looking for a GPU upgrade

Hello all, its been a while since i posted here, i have done some research on some GPU and i am slightly still confused as to what to get, since i am unable to do a full upgrade to my current system,
    i have looked at a evga 1060 6 gig card , i am currently using a evga 750 ti 2 gig ( 2015) , i can just about afford a 250 pound card upgrade, i am not sure if the 1060 would create a bottleneck in my current system , i am not fond of the smaller size GPU or AMD and the current game i am playing are a few years old , any advice would be welcomed

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming ACX 3.0 GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

Thanks in advance

:)

Pantz, Feb 5, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

axe0, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (& Upgrade!)

Dear Santa,

I want to upgrade my primary PC this year, my MB/CPU is almost 5 years old now, and I've got the upgrade itch.

It's going to be built around an unlocked Ivy Bridge CPU, namely the 3770k

But first, I've got a few questions for you:

• What chipsets support that CPU? I think the X79 and X77?
    • Is the 3770k going to be replaced with a better model, better stepping, etc in 2012 or early 2013?
    Oh and is the world going to end in Dec 2012?

Thx,
    Little Johnny

Sasqui, Feb 5, 2019
  4. looking for a GPU upgrade

Can't install windows because of GPU

Hi,

You mentioned earlier that the Intel HD integrated graphics works perfectly. In that case, we suggest to remove your GPU from your laptop and use the integrated graphics card, then, perform a clean install. Follow the steps on the link provided by one of
    our Wiki Authors Andre Da Costa on How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10. Clean install will remove your GPU driver.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

looking for a GPU upgrade

1. looking for a GPU upgrade - Similar Threads - looking GPU upgrade

2. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded GPU, No Video Output: I upgraded my GTX 1060 6gb to an RTX 3070. After installing it, turning the system on, and installing new drivers, I concluded that the computer worked fine. However, when I finished closing the side panels of my case and turned the computer on again, I saw that all the...
  3. Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.: Hi. My computer has an integrated Intel GMA X4500 GPU. It's a very good GPU, but it struggles with certain video games that I have. I found two affordable graphics cards on newegg.ca that look like they could work in my computer, if they don't draw too much current. One is a...
  4. Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.

Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.: Hi. My computer has an integrated Intel GMA X4500 GPU. It's a very good GPU, but it struggles with certain video games that I have. I found two affordable graphics cards on newegg.ca that look like they could work in my computer, if they don't draw too much current. One is a...
  5. GPU Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Upgrade: Hi I have a ASUS P8B75-M LX PLUS motherboard and was looking for a decent gpu to compensate my upgrade as i currently have a gt 630 wich one would you reccomend pls my specs are: Intel Core I7 3770 CPU 3.40Ghz NVIDIA GT630 8192 MB RAM...
  6. Upgrade On GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade On GPU: Hi, I have a HP Envy x360 and I'm wondering if I can get an upgrade on my GPU from an MX250 to something more powerful? If so what GPU can I get for my Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-on-gpu/f2386e96-6869-489f-8005-5c9363d9fe00
  7. Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo: Hey Guys! Here are my computer specs: Dell XPS 8700 Original Motherboard CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 @ 3GHz Quad core 3001Mhz Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X series (2 x 8GB) 240pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti I was looking to upgrade my CPU and motherboard and...
  8. Looking for a new GPU

Looking for a new GPU: Hey guys, I am in the process of building a new PC. It is going to be towards some gaming and video editing. I was looking at the ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 but I have been hearing some issues with them basically they are not lasting long after using them. What are your...
  9. alienware r5 gpu upgrade

alienware r5 gpu upgrade: hello i am looking to upgrade my gpu in my pc and i was wondering if a asus gpu will fit and work with alienware aurora r5 pc. i have a 460 watt power supply would that be enough (i5 6600,ssd, 16gb ram)?? link to gpu...
  10. Looking to upgrade my desktop??

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking to upgrade my desktop??: I hope this is the correct place to ask this question. Here goes. I have a desktop which have had for a number of years was a windows 7 home premium. But did convert it to windows 10 a while back and now over the last few days did the upgrade to version 1511.10586.3....