Windows 10: Looking for a laser desktop scanner

Discus and support Looking for a laser desktop scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a Brother laser printer which has been and still is superb, but having problems trying to find a decent desktop laser flatbed black scanner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arcadian, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Arcadian Win User

Looking for a laser desktop scanner

I've got a Brother laser printer which has been and still is superb, but having problems trying to find a decent desktop laser flatbed black scanner around the £50 mark hopefully by Brother as well but all I can find are expensive colour and black ink ones.
    Any suggestions....?

:)

Arcadian, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Dave K B Win User

Adding my Scanner Icon to my Desktop

My scanner is installed correctly, but I can not get an icon to my desktop. I tried the Start-Settings- Printers and Scanners and found the scanner listed, but I can not 'right click' to add shortcut. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Dave K B, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Dec 25, 2018
  4. bobkn Win User

bobkn, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Looking for a laser desktop scanner - Similar Threads - Looking laser desktop

2. Laser driver shows at

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laser driver shows at: Dear Microsoft Team,We re currently using a laser connected to Windows 10 system, which we control via USB. However, we have encountered an issue after installing another USB device, causing the laser to stop functioning.Upon investigating the possible causes of this problem,...
  3. Laser driver shows at

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laser driver shows at: Dear Microsoft Team,We re currently using a laser connected to Windows 10 system, which we control via USB. However, we have encountered an issue after installing another USB device, causing the laser to stop functioning.Upon investigating the possible causes of this problem,...
  4. New Black Only Laser Printer, Scanner, Fax Recommendations?

New Black Only Laser Printer, Scanner, Fax Recommendations?: I'm looking to replace my 10 ten year old Brother inexpensive Laser printer with the above combo. Perhaps I would have been better served asking this question during the holiday season but nonetheless what inexpensive reliable brand/ model would you all recommend for light...
  5. Laser Jet Pro MFP 130fw does not connect with desktop

Laser Jet Pro MFP 130fw does not connect with desktop: My Laser Jet Pro MFP 130fw does not connect with desktop. It uses a USB cord from the printer to computer and has only a telephone cord for faxing and a power cord. I have replaced the USB cord with a new one, unplugged and re-plugged the power cord and disconnected the...
  6. scanner to desktop proceedure

in Windows 10 Customization
    scanner to desktop proceedure: I am having a brain cramp on how to get the document from the scanner to my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-to-desktop-proceedure/2a4defb1-1b78-4ecf-978d-e46f1a04157e
  7. Looking for a laser desktop scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a laser desktop scanner: I've got a Brother laser printer which has been and still is superb, but having problems trying to find a decent desktop laser flatbed black scanner around the £50 mark hopefully by Brother as well but all I can find are expensive colour and black ink ones. Any...
  8. Sharing a Folder with BrotherMFC Laser Printer/Scanner

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing a Folder with BrotherMFC Laser Printer/Scanner: I currently have my BrotherMFC set up with an icon on the screen that will scan documents and place them on the desktop of my computer. In order to do this, I had to share my desktop. I used my current user account (which is an administrator account tied to Outlook). Should...
  9. Looking at a new desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking at a new desktop: Would it be possible for some advice on this desktop,As I could be looking for something new and to upgrade the one I have now. Many thanks. Chillblast Fusion Centurion - Skylake PC :: Systems less than £750 :: Choose a desktop by price :: Desktops :: Chillblast The...
  10. Looking to upgrade my desktop??

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking to upgrade my desktop??: I hope this is the correct place to ask this question. Here goes. I have a desktop which have had for a number of years was a windows 7 home premium. But did convert it to windows 10 a while back and now over the last few days did the upgrade to version 1511.10586.3....