Windows 10: Looking for a lightweight text editor

Discus and support Looking for a lightweight text editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm looking for a very basic, lightweight text editor that has the following features: 1. dekstop, not cloud based 2. can bold text 3. does automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dimitri, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Dimitri Win User

Looking for a lightweight text editor

I'm looking for a very basic, lightweight text editor that has the following features:

1. dekstop, not cloud based
    2. can bold text
    3. does automatic backups before the file is saved (Sort of like Word does - even if the file is not saved, it creates a backup of it automatically at intervals or with each change)

Anyone know of anything that meets those criteria?

Dimitri, Apr 7, 2020
  2. ct5098 Win User

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

ct5098, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Meow9000 Win User
    XML Text Editor.

Done a quick search here and Google but didn't find anything, So I apologise if I have missed anything.

Basically I'm looking for a free, lightweight XML Text editor to change some files. Being able to view items in a table for easier editing would be a plus. Looking at raw text is killing me at the moment.

Thanks,

Meow9000, Apr 7, 2020
  4. arjfca Win User

Looking for a screen capture/editor/text/organiser

Hello
    I'm looking suggestion for an application or software that could
    - Do a screen capture
    - Edit picture with line/text/arrow
    - Have an area to write text comments of the picture (not in the picture)
    - Able to define categories like ex: summer/winter/family
    - Able to organize /Search and display picture with categorie or text tags

It would be nice if the screen capture is within the application, but it not the screen capture or picture organizer would do the job.

Any idea or suggestion appreciated

Martin

arjfca, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Looking for a lightweight text editor - Similar Threads - Looking lightweight text

2. Looking for a free photo editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for a free photo editor: Hi,I'm looking for a free photo editor that won't trick me into getting pro. I've tried Gimp, but it doesn't give the optionto convert to JPG files. I have the free photoshop, but it's also limited in its editing features. I need a simple, yet full featured editorthat can...
  3. Looking for a free photo editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a free photo editor: Hi,I'm looking for a free photo editor that won't trick me into getting pro. I've tried Gimp, but it doesn't give the optionto convert to JPG files. I have the free photoshop, but it's also limited in its editing features. I need a simple, yet full featured editorthat can...
  4. Video Editor Text slide

Video Editor Text slide: Hello, am having trouble with the duration of my text slide. I have set it at 7 seconds as it's for my brother's funeral pictures and has text to read at the end of the presentation.The text stays up for 2 seconds too quick to read, then a blank slide without text shows up...
  5. Text editors fail to open

in Windows 10 Support
    Text editors fail to open: I use text editors "Text Maker" and "Jarte". When I initially open either of them the page comes up blank. Shortly I get an error message stating that the program is not responding and it needs to be reported to Microsoft. Then I close that window and reopen the program...
  6. Is WordPad a text editor?

Is WordPad a text editor?: I have come across a contradiction that both notepad and WordPad are text editors. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-wordpad-a-text-editor/0bc10591-4049-4e25-8579-729aec2d3883
  7. Looking for a Video Editor Choices....

Looking for a Video Editor Choices....: Windows 10 Pro, UHD monitor, i5-3570k with 8gig Ram I'm looking for a basic video editor that I can convert pictures and some old videos in a few formats vob, mp2, avi to make a new movie dvd for the family. It would be nice to have one that I'm able to easily correct basic...
  8. Problem with text in Video Editor

Problem with text in Video Editor: I put together a multi photo presentation using Video Editor. Yesterday morning it was fine. I then did a few final edits to text on a few photos and saved the file. When I looked at it yesterday afternoon before sending, the text on each slide that has it now appears in a...
  9. Looking for a screen capture/editor/text/organiser

Looking for a screen capture/editor/text/organiser: Hello I'm looking suggestion for an application or software that could - Do a screen capture - Edit picture with line/text/arrow - Have an area to write text comments of the picture (not in the picture) - Able to define categories like ex: summer/winter/family - Able...
  10. Looking for free MP3 editor

Looking for free MP3 editor: I like to use streamWriter to record web radio shows so I can listen to them while I am working on stuff in my shop. On one of the stations I like to listen to the level is about 6-9dB lower than on the others and I would like to increase the signal level on those recordings...