Windows 10: looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log

Discus and support looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've just started to log my firewall connections. I'm looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the log. What is everybody's favorite. A big plus for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by purplenate26, Oct 27, 2018.

1. looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log

I've just started to log my firewall connections. I'm looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the log. What is everybody's favorite. A big plus for free or cheap software, open source or proprietary, don't matter to me. But I'm willing to pay if it can provide really good insight into my traffic. How much I'm willing to pay depends on the capabilities of the software, but no more than $99.99.

Thank you.

:)

purplenate26, Oct 27, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Callender Win User
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

If I use this path it doesn't work:

looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log [​IMG]

If I use this path then it works fine:

looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log [​IMG]

Callender, Oct 27, 2018
  4. looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log

You are about to be logged off - Windows will shut down in 1 minute

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check whether the automatic restart option is disabled or not as below.

• Press “Windows+X” and go to “Control Panel”.
    • Click on “System and Security” and click on “System”.
    • On the left hand side click on “Advanced system settings”.
    • Click on “Advanced” tab, then under “Startup and Recovery” click on “Settings”.
    • Under “System Failure” uncheck the option “Automatically Restart”.
    • Then click on “ok” and check whether the issue persist or not.

Also, I suggest you to check whether any task has been schedule for automatic restart as below.

• In the search box type as “Task Scheduler”.
    • Under “Task Scheduler summary” you can find any task has been created or not.
    • If any task has been created then I suggest you to remove it and check if the issue persist or not.

To determine what is causing the issue, I suggest you to check the event logs in the event viewer logs to know more about the issue.

Try the following steps to access Event Viewer:

• Press 'Windows key + R' simultaneously on your keyboard to bring the run dialog box.
    • Type ‘eventvwr’ (without quotes) and press ‘OK’.
    • Expand ‘Windows Logs’ on the left pane and look for the error logs under Application and System.
    • Copy the information and post it here so that we can analyze it.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log

1. looking for a log viewer/analyzer to read the Windows firewall log - Similar Threads - looking log viewer

2. Problem logging Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem logging Windows Firewall: Hello!I've got a small problem: I can't activate the logging option for windows firewall:In this window I've enabled both options for logging.The log file does not show anything AND the Properties in the "Monitoring" Tab show this:Even after rebootingThanks for reading!...
  3. Problem logging Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem logging Windows Firewall: Hello!I've got a small problem: I can't activate the logging option for windows firewall:In this window I've enabled both options for logging.The log file does not show anything AND the Properties in the "Monitoring" Tab show this:Even after rebootingThanks for reading!...
  4. Windows 10 Firewall logging

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Firewall logging: I am working on turning on the domain profile for Windows 10 via gpo. We have a relatively large environment and this has not been turned on for the domain profile in the past. So the current plan is turn on the Firewall with Policy and create an Any/Any rule for inbound...
  5. Windows firewall not logging packets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows firewall not logging packets: I need to troubleshoot firewall but it doesn't generate logs. I use firewall policy from local group policy and logging is enabled there. things I tried so far: change log file path to E:/logs/firewall_log.txt create file manually 120065
  6. windows firewall logging

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall logging: hello how can i create a new log file, this is what happens when its cleaned ffs, all my log files deleted!, my firewalls blocked the log me in rescue too...
  7. Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows When a user log in (sign in) without needing to restart the PC. You can use user initiated logoff (sign out). This tutorial will show...
  8. Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 How to Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can decrease the space used by primary partitions and logical drives by shrinking them into adjacent, contiguous...
  9. Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Read Shutdown and Restart Event Logs in Windows You can use restart. The event ID's below will show you these details. Event ID Description 1074 Logged when an app (ex: Windows Update) causes the...
  10. Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 How to Read Event Viewer Log for Chkdsk (Check Disk) in Windows 10 [img] Information Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 firewall log analyzer

2. how to read windows firewall log file