Windows 10: Looking for a new email client

Discus and support Looking for a new email client in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I’ve been using the MS Office 2007 suite including Outlook since it was new! I want to convert to open source LibreOffice and remove MS Office... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Doc943, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Doc943 Win User

Looking for a new email client

I’ve been using the MS Office 2007 suite including Outlook since it was new! I want to convert to open source LibreOffice and remove MS Office completely so need a new mail client. I also use Opera as my default browser.

I like the look and function of Mailbird but it seems I will need to purchase the Pro version to import my sizeable OST and PST files. I’ve tried Thunderbird and SeaMonkey but didn’t like the layout. Not interested in a chat function or interfaces to other social media apps. Just a decent email client, IMAP or POP.

What free (preferably) open source products are recommended that can effectively and securely replace the Outlook application and import it’s user files?

:)

Doc943, Aug 26, 2019

2. Trying new email client Comcast Server

I currently have Thunderbird email ( POP3) installed in my wife's desktop. Server is Comcast. She does not like it. I would like her to try another email client . Do I have to disable Thunderbird email before I install and setup another new email client ? I suppose I have to setup new email client as POP3 account and not IMAP to avoid conflict? I am wondering whether Comcast server would allow both types of account temporarily .

She likes a simple email client , does not need features , does not like Conversation mode . So I think Windows 10 email is probably good enough for her. Any other suggestions?

TKs

sportflyer, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Questions related to default email client in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience.

Please be informed that the Mail App is not an email client. The MAPI support for email is still available for email clients like Office Outlook.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps setting the right email client as default.

Settings > System > Default apps > Look for the Email heading > Click on the current default email client just below heading > Click on the email client under the app menu.

Write to us with the updated status for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 26, 2019
  4. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

Thema:

1. Looking for a new email client - Similar Threads - Looking email client

2. New email client from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New email client from Microsoft?: I heard recently of a new email client from Microsoft. I can't remember the name and I don't remember where I read it.Can you tell me if there is a new email client coming?Nigel...
  3. New email client from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New email client from Microsoft?: I heard recently of a new email client from Microsoft. I can't remember the name and I don't remember where I read it.Can you tell me if there is a new email client coming?Nigel...
  4. Looking for Portable Email Client

in Browsers and Email
    Looking for Portable Email Client: I've been using SeaMonkey portable for a long time and am considering moving to another portable email client. I've tried Thunderbird portable, but it puts the profile on the C drive (I'm using Windows 10 Pro v.19042.985), which I don't want to happen. Can anyone suggest a...
  5. Photos App - new email client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App - new email client: Hello, I use Mailbird as my email client. It is set as the default email client in settings. Photos wants me to use 'Mail' when I hit the share button for a photo. Is there a way to get it to use Mailbird for this function? I can't see anywhere in Photos / Settings....
  6. New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1: New update to Thunderbird - 60.6.1 Security fixes. Release Notes: Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.6.1) — Mozilla 129570
  7. New Thunderbird Email Client 60.3.2 Available

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client 60.3.2 Available: New Thunderbird Release - 60.3.2 Release Notes: Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.3.2) — Mozilla Download: Thunderbird — Software made to make email easier. — Mozilla 122587
  8. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  9. Looking for new Email

in Browsers and Email
    Looking for new Email: Does anyone know of a "Free" Email account that will let me send files and videos between 100 and 300Mb in size? Gmail, Outlook, Gmx, Mail2, are all limiting me to files less than 75Mb. 102190
  10. New Thunderbird Email Client Released

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client Released: New Thunderbird Email client 52.7.0 released 03/23/18. Minor bugs and security fixes. [img] 106649