Windows 10: Looking for a new GPU

Discus and support Looking for a new GPU in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am in the process of building a new PC. It is going to be towards some gaming and video editing. I was looking at the ASUS ROG STRIX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by blando233, Jun 20, 2019.

1. blando233 Win User

Looking for a new GPU

Hey guys,

I am in the process of building a new PC. It is going to be towards some gaming and video editing. I was looking at the ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 but I have been hearing some issues with them basically they are not lasting long after using them. What are your thoughts and maybe any other suggestions?

Thanks everyone

blando233, Jun 20, 2019
  2. popsean Win User

Newbie, looking for new graphics card.

I am currently having problems with my 4870s noise.
    In my honest opinion, its just too damn loud.

Getting to the point, i am looking for a new video card that is
    • Quiet/silent
    • Decent power
    • around 120 dollars or less.
    • Dual dvi outputs for 2 monitors
    • Easy/Low maintenance
    • Not a puzzle to install
    Im going to buy a new video card very soon, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

popsean, Jun 20, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

4. Looking for a new GPU

having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Looking for a new GPU

1. Looking for a new GPU - Similar Threads - Looking GPU

2. It looks like my lenovo legion 5 pro has suddenly an underpowered GPU, and I can't figure...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like my lenovo legion 5 pro has suddenly an underpowered GPU, and I can't figure...: Hello,Appearance of the problem:It happened suddenly a few days ago, without any particular action.I was starting a game on Apex Legends, and when I noticed an extreme slowness at the beggining of my game session. I was running at around 30/40 fps where I normally run at 80...
  3. It looks like my lenovo legion 5 pro has suddenly an underpowered GPU, and I can't figure...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It looks like my lenovo legion 5 pro has suddenly an underpowered GPU, and I can't figure...: Hello,Appearance of the problem:It happened suddenly a few days ago, without any particular action.I was starting a game on Apex Legends, and when I noticed an extreme slowness at the beggining of my game session. I was running at around 30/40 fps where I normally run at 80...
  4. Blue Screen "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" only when GPU is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" only when GPU is installed: Hi, question that I hope can be fixed without replacing my GPU.A while ago, my desktop blue screened and when I looked into the error message, it was due to the harddrive. It was an old HDD that was in need of being replaced, so I ordered a new SSD and purchased another...
  5. Blue Screen "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" only when GPU is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" only when GPU is installed: Hi, question that I hope can be fixed without replacing my GPU.A while ago, my desktop blue screened and when I looked into the error message, it was due to the harddrive. It was an old HDD that was in need of being replaced, so I ordered a new SSD and purchased another...
  6. Blue Screen "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" only when GPU is installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.: Hi. My computer has an integrated Intel GMA X4500 GPU. It's a very good GPU, but it struggles with certain video games that I have. I found two affordable graphics cards on newegg.ca that look like they could work in my computer, if they don't draw too much current. One is a...
  8. New PC crashing, issue with GPU, looking for guidance DMP & NFO file included

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC crashing, issue with GPU, looking for guidance DMP & NFO file included: I purchased a DELL CTO X8940 10700/32/1/3060/H on May 13th.Recently, a loud clicking/vibrating/stuttering can be heard and felt, coming from somewhere near the front of the computer. It is about 0.5 seconds long, and recurs frequently, sometimes every 5 seconds or so. There...
  9. Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.

Looking for a more powerful GPU for my computer.: Hi. My computer has an integrated Intel GMA X4500 GPU. It's a very good GPU, but it struggles with certain video games that I have. I found two affordable graphics cards on newegg.ca that look like they could work in my computer, if they don't draw too much current. One is a...
  10. looking for a GPU upgrade

looking for a GPU upgrade: Hello all, its been a while since i posted here, i have done some research on some GPU and i am slightly still confused as to what to get, since i am unable to do a full upgrade to my current system, i have looked at a evga 1060 6 gig card , i am currently using a evga 750...