Windows 10: Looking for a new laptop. Some suggestions please...

Discus and support Looking for a new laptop. Some suggestions please... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few responders here have bashed Toshiba. FWIW, I've never owned any laptop other than Toshiba, including my current one, and all have been fine. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gurn Blanston, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Looking for a new laptop. Some suggestions please...

A few responders here have bashed Toshiba. FWIW, I've never owned any laptop other than Toshiba, including my current one, and all have been fine.

Mr Ed, Sep 16, 2017

2. Yes, avoid Toshiba. Been there, and very sorry for it.

As for graphics ...
    If you're at work (that is ... NOT playing video games) then the GPU is largely irrelevant.
    The built-in graphics today ought not be compared with those of yesteryear.
    So there's little reason to pay for an outboard GPU in a business laptop.

margrave55, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Yes, I definitely don't need gaming graphics, but I do need to be able to run two external monitors simultaneously. If that means an outboard graphics card, then that's what I will have to get.

Gurn Blanston, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Looking for a new laptop. Some suggestions please...

1. Looking for a new laptop. Some suggestions please... - Similar Threads - Looking laptop suggestions

2. Suggestions for a new monitor please?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Suggestions for a new monitor please?: Hi all. Looks like my current monitor is dying, so I'm hoping to replace it soon, but I don't want to rush this process. Except I also hate shopping for monitors because they just seem so hit-or-miss, even the exact same model! Anyway, if anyone is willing to suggest some...
  3. Looking for new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for new laptop: Hi guys. Haven't been here for a while. If and when the stymulus check shows up, I can finally get a new laptop. If this page shows up properly, there's three laptops I'm looking at... Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and...
  4. Looking for suggestions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for suggestions: Hello everyone, I am currently using Bitdefender and Norton. I am having issues with Bitdefender as it slows down my system a lot. Should I uninstall it and run Norton alongside Windows Defender? Would that be fine? I am not sure which one to uninstall (Bitdefender or...
  5. My Laptop folders are looking different - please suggest how to resolve it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Laptop folders are looking different - please suggest how to resolve it: Need to know why my screen is looking like this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-folders-are-looking-different-please/58460ac1-1836-4350-bc5e-a94ac14c1100"
  6. Looking for advice or suggestion.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for advice or suggestion.: I own a windows10 tablet... from the Microsoft store could you please recommend a battery status/usage/monitor app that is legit? 103193
  7. suggestions for a laptop please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    suggestions for a laptop please: Looking at budget approx £500 need something at college level, for web design Unity projects etc. quite happy with Non Intel CPU if gives better price / performance. have heard that latest laptops have HDD's that are difficult to replace....but battery life is not...
  8. Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?: Notes: Looking for a solid performer that will last for years at a low price. No major gaming or 3d rendering, some usage of photoshop and dreamweaver, older games, a database application, outlook with fairly sizable mailbox, skype, excel, word, browsing, etc......
  9. Looking at new Laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking at new Laptops: I am looking at getting a new Laptop for myself and giving my fiancée (Stephanie) my other Laptop. The Laptop that I am giving her is a Toshiba. The Toshiba is Windows 10 compatible and has been great. It just doesn't have a DVD/RW drive and that's what I need. What...
  10. Suggestions for a new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions for a new laptop: I could use some suggestions for a laptop that I need to get for my 13yr old daughter. I just recently started working from home. I need to use my laptop strictly for business. Currently I have to share my computer with my daughter as we homeschool. Although I only work 4-5...