Windows 10: Looking for a program, but I only have an icon

Discus and support Looking for a program, but I only have an icon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A mysterious program keeps popping up every few days on my Windows 10 machine. It doesn't show a window, only an icon in the taskbar that disappears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MeisterKohlo, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Looking for a program, but I only have an icon

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]A mysterious program keeps popping up every few days on my Windows 10 machine. It doesn't show a window, only an icon in the taskbar that disappears after about 1 second.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]I could not find the icon in the Apps and Features list and was never fast enough to open the taskmanager or take a screenshot. So I recreated the icon in Illustrator from memory it may not be 100% accurate. Google reverse image search does not find, what I am looking for.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Do you know this icon or some way I could find the program? Like maybe listing all icons my system knows? Thank you!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]* Moved from Virus & Malware Looking for a program, but I only have an icon 45f065ef-1a11-4987-ab74-70e6438ced35?upload=true.png [/COLOR]

:)

MeisterKohlo, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 12, 2021
  4. psbecker Win User

Looking for a program, but I only have an icon

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Looking for a program, but I only have an icon

1. Looking for a program, but I only have an icon - Similar Threads - Looking program icon

2. Programs have the same icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs have the same icon in the taskbar: Some of my programs have the same icon in the hotbar. This started today from out of no where. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-have-the-same-icon-in-the-taskbar/6b84fa23-d9f0-410a-9458-870f708c226b
  3. Programs have the same icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs have the same icon in the taskbar: Some of my programs have the same icon in the hotbar. This started today from out of no where. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-have-the-same-icon-in-the-taskbar/6b84fa23-d9f0-410a-9458-870f708c226b
  4. Programs have the same icon in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. programs have the same taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs have the same taskbar icons: Some taskbar program icons are not showing; how can I fix this issue?.these are different programs from different publishers e.g., Firefox, Adobe Cloud, GeForce Nvidia, etc....
  6. programs have the same taskbar icons

programs have the same taskbar icons: Some taskbar program icons are not showing; how can I fix this issue?.these are different programs from different publishers e.g., Firefox, Adobe Cloud, GeForce Nvidia, etc....
  7. Looking for a good desktop icon 'management' program- to remember the layout of icons when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a good desktop icon 'management' program- to remember the layout of icons when...: Hey all, Thought I'd reach out and try here. I have a laptop with a small screen that I often use to plug into a monitor with very large screen. And whenever I go from one to the other, my desktop icons, which I usually have layed out in a reasonbly organized way, spazz out...
  8. What are the names of these Window APPS/PROGRAM ? only have ICON pic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are the names of these Window APPS/PROGRAM ? only have ICON pic: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ahms_shaf1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ieb62r/what_are_the_names_of_these_window_appsprogram/
  9. i have a program that does not look like the other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have a program that does not look like the other: Is this a virus why is it not capatalized? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-program-that-does-not-look-like-the-other/b64117bf-8f2f-42af-8401-432a11b1f29f"
  10. Looking for a program

Looking for a program: Hello. Is there a program to check if a compilation of files (to burn on cd or dvd) will fill the disk to its maximum, if I make a too large compilation, the burning program will "say" it is too much, then have to start removing files and try again to burn. If I remove too...