Windows 10: Looking for a shell that removes task bar only, keeps explorer and everything else.

Discus and support Looking for a shell that removes task bar only, keeps explorer and everything else. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; That's it, thanks! submitted by /u/RudRecciah [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RudRecciah, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Looking for a shell that removes task bar only, keeps explorer and everything else.

/u/RudRecciah, Jan 19, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Task bar keeps moving

Hi Timbo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help.

The issue might have been caused if the ‘Auto-hide’ task bar option got checked. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps to disable auto hide task bar.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a uncheck mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

Also check the option “task bar location on the screen” need to select “bottom”.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Looking for a shell that removes task bar only, keeps explorer and everything else.

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Looking for a shell that removes task bar only, keeps explorer and everything else.

1. Looking for a shell that removes task bar only, keeps explorer and everything else. - Similar Threads - Looking shell removes

2. Computer will only stay at 1 bar of wireless when everything else is fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will only stay at 1 bar of wireless when everything else is fine.: Hey everyone my computer just started having really bad wireless connection after a year of perfect connection. It will only stay on 1 bar of wifi when everything else is doing just fine. I have tried unplugging the router and restarting my PC, also checking for driver...
  3. Computer will only stay at 1 bar of wireless when everything else is fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will only stay at 1 bar of wireless when everything else is fine.: Hey everyone my computer just started having really bad wireless connection after a year of perfect connection. It will only stay on 1 bar of wifi when everything else is doing just fine. I have tried unplugging the router and restarting my PC, also checking for driver...
  4. Windows Explorer keeps freezing the Task Bar becomes unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer keeps freezing the Task Bar becomes unusable: I have an intermittent problem with explorer window Explorer NOT Internet Explorer.It has happened on two PCs now, one becoming unusable.I suspected a virus, but none can be detected by any scanner I have used Kaspersky, Acronis Office, FixMe Stick.I have to keep a task...
  5. Windows Explorer keeps freezing the Task Bar becomes unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer keeps freezing the Task Bar becomes unusable: I have an intermittent problem with explorer window Explorer NOT Internet Explorer.It has happened on two PCs now, one becoming unusable.I suspected a virus, but none can be detected by any scanner I have used Kaspersky, Acronis Office, FixMe Stick.I have to keep a task...
  6. Windows Explorer keeps freezing the Task Bar becomes unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Changing accounts but keeping everything else

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing accounts but keeping everything else: I'm going to be moving away from my family in some time and I wanted to make my desktop more "mine". The desktop originally created with my fathers MS account and all my important files on this computer are linked with his MS account and user. I want to know if there is any...
  8. Task Bar or Something Else - Help Needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Bar or Something Else - Help Needed: Before the Corona virus outbreak I was using a 23" Monitor. But this monitor has a broken power supply, and there is no chance to repair or buy a new monitor. Computers are non-essential business for Covid-19. Mail Order too. Everything under shutdown. So my only choice is to...
  9. Is there a way to change the File Explorer color to Light while keeping everything else to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the File Explorer color to Light while keeping everything else to...: I updated my windows today (I don't know how long it had been outdated, probably months) and suddenly my file explorer turned into this ugly dark mode. I don't dislike dark modes, but I prefer my file explorer just being the white color. The thing is, when I change it to...
  10. A look at Open Shell (Classic Shell fork)

in Windows 10 News
    A look at Open Shell (Classic Shell fork): Open Shell is a fork of the popular discontinued Classic Shell program for Windows that may restore a classic Start Menu, Explorer and Internet Explorer shell on the system. Classic Shell was a popular program for Windows that restored functionality in Windows versions that...