Windows 10: Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder

Discus and support Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My Documents are not on the C drive but on another internal HD. My C drive is regularly backed up using Macrium but I have for some years been backing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Stevekir, May 16, 2019.

1. Stevekir Win User

Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder

My Documents are not on the C drive but on another internal HD. My C drive is regularly backed up using Macrium but I have for some years been backing up my Documents folder with a frequent incremental backup. This checks the difference between the Documents folder and the last backup of it, updates the backup incrementally (its very quick) and, (this is the important point) produces a backup which is a file-by-file clone of the Documents folder. It is not a disk image.Therefore, I can directly access any Documents file (eg., a Word file and its actual text) on the backup by opening it or copying it.

After a crash I have lost that backup program. (It's logo/icon was a big green"G"). It worked perfectly. Does anyone recognise it, or can anyone recomend a free backup program which does what I want? (I have had a look at AOMEI Backupper Standard but it does not say that it produces a file-by-file clone of the Documents folder).

Thanks for any help.

:)

Stevekir, May 16, 2019
  2. YIN
    Yin Win User

Looking for a program which grabs folders\files and converts it into text

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a program which lets you pick a folder and grabs all the files\folders names and puts it in a text file.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't.

3. Riel Alc Win User
    documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 16, 2019
  4. Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder

1. Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder - Similar Threads - Looking Simple file

2. Documents folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup...: I have successfully backed up all my files except my "Documents" folder to OneDrive. The error message is:"Unable to sync", and a little lower:"Documents folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file backup"I would have hoped that more information is...
  3. Free Files / Folders Backup program/s

in Windows 10 Support
    Free Files / Folders Backup program/s: Hello, Macrium free edition is not making files / folders backup. Any recommendations for some free program/s to make such backup will be appreciated. Thanks Windows 10, Winver 19042.1165 (20H2) x64 183983
  4. backup files/folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    backup files/folders: I need to recover files/folders from backups performed by previous versions of Windows. I presently use Windows 10, and when I click on to select a folder, I get a message that the files/folders are not partitioned etc., and need to be fixed first. On Settings, it shows that...
  5. simple backup program

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    simple backup program: I have Win 10 and my system on an SDD. I also several partitions where I store user created data--photos, etc.. I am looking for a simple to use backup program (preferably free) that will let me back up the system and all the relevant files (registry etc.) as well as back up...
  6. is there Simple Program which allows me to select the files to backup and the drive to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is there Simple Program which allows me to select the files to backup and the drive to...: is there Simple Program which allows me to select the files to backup and the drive to store them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-simple-program-which-allows-me-to-select/450e1942-f389-4b47-9eeb-59e1b162b671
  7. Looking for a simple video editing program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a simple video editing program: I have a .mp4 video that I want to edit and cut some parts out of. There are some parts in the video (on the sides) I want to cut out, as you do on a picture. Is this even possible to do? Is there a program in W10 for this or can you recommend a easy free editor program?...
  8. Program Files Are Being Placed in Documents File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Files Are Being Placed in Documents File: To say that Windows 10 is driving me crazy would be an understatement. Here's the latest problem: Program files (for instance, Winaero, are being saved to the Documents file. So are Windows Metrics. So is just about anything! What the heck? It seems I have no control over...
  9. File and Folder Backup

File and Folder Backup: Whenever I turn on my computer, I get messages: "file and folder backup missed a scheduled backup," "file and folder backup will start in [x] seconds," then "job cannot run because of invalid destination." How can I disable this whole process, so that I don't get these...
  10. How to add "Documents" folder to File History backup

How to add "Documents" folder to File History backup: I don't need a complete backup of my hard drive...just specific files, etc. - like my Documents, Pictures, etc....any way to do this with the "File History" backup option?...