Windows 10: Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder

Discus and support Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My Documents are not on the C drive but on another internal HD. My C drive is regularly backed up using Macrium but I have for some years been backing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Stevekir, May 16, 2019.

1. Stevekir Win User

Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder

My Documents are not on the C drive but on another internal HD. My C drive is regularly backed up using Macrium but I have for some years been backing up my Documents folder with a frequent incremental backup. This checks the difference between the Documents folder and the last backup of it, updates the backup incrementally (its very quick) and, (this is the important point) produces a backup which is a file-by-file clone of the Documents folder. It is not a disk image.Therefore, I can directly access any Documents file (eg., a Word file and its actual text) on the backup by opening it or copying it.

After a crash I have lost that backup program. (It's logo/icon was a big green"G"). It worked perfectly. Does anyone recognise it, or can anyone recomend a free backup program which does what I want? (I have had a look at AOMEI Backupper Standard but it does not say that it produces a file-by-file clone of the Documents folder).

Thanks for any help.

:)

Stevekir, May 16, 2019
  2. YIN
    Yin Win User

Looking for a program which grabs folders\files and converts it into text

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a program which lets you pick a folder and grabs all the files\folders names and puts it in a text file.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't.

3. Riel Alc Win User
    documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 16, 2019
  4. Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder

1. Looking for a Simple file-by-file Backup Program for Documents Folder - Similar Threads - Looking Simple file

2. Restoring Program Files folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Program Files folder: Hello, So if i were to uninstall a program via add or remove programs and then deleted the application folder that windows 10 leaves behind after uninstalling the application in the program files or the program files (x86) folder, would system restore revert those changes as...
  3. Cannot view files in program files folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot view files in program files folder: Hi, I am using ExpressVPN - my printer won't work when connected to the VPN so I am trying to specify in the VPN software that the printer bypasses the VPN. This requires me to specify the printer app. I am assuming the printer app (HP Smart) is located in Program...
  4. How to add "Documents" folder to File History backup

How to add "Documents" folder to File History backup: I don't need a complete backup of my hard drive...just specific files, etc. - like my Documents, Pictures, etc....any way to do this with the "File History" backup option?...
  5. program file folders

program file folders: how do I access program file folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-file-folders/679d72e1-3c91-47fe-af67-036d66f42880
  6. Difference in files/folders from backup of files

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference in files/folders from backup of files: I copied the contents from my main hard drive to a backup hard drive and want to verify if I am missing any files. I copied my files with teracopy and verified that all files transferred and were successful. When I click on the root folder from both drives they have a...
  7. Looking for simple pc dvd player program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for simple pc dvd player program: I am searching for a simple pc dvd player...most i have tried are loaded with stuff i am not interested in using...ie graphic equalisers...subtitle overlays..etc Basically, i want to put burned movie dvd 's in pc ( not actual movie dvd's as i have a dedicated dvd player...
  8. Backup single file in folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup single file in folder: Hi Is there any simple way, not involving 3rd party software to get File History to backup a single file in a folder? I'm trying to backup the Google Chrome bookmarks file, the file itself is about 1k but it's in a folder with 1Gb of files and I don't need to backup any...
  9. Mysterious Folder in Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Folder in Program Files: I have a strange folder in C:\Program Files (x86) called "My Company Name" and inside it another one called "My Product Name". This one is empty. My ESET Smart Security found nothing. I can't figure it out where it came from. Is this malware? 23506
  10. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...