Windows 10: Looking for a simple, free network tool

Discus and support Looking for a simple, free network tool in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys; I am looking to map my local home network. My Optimum Altice router doesn't give me the info I want. I am looking for a free and simple tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ultrarunner2020, May 5, 2020.

1. Looking for a simple, free network tool

Hey guys;
    I am looking to map my local home network.
    My Optimum Altice router doesn't give me the info I want.
    I am looking for a free and simple tool that I can install locally to view the ip addresses and hostnames of each connected device.

What do you recommend?
    Thanks
    Ultrarunner

:)

ultrarunner2020, May 5, 2020
  2. bissa Win User

Network Tools

wow, this is a great tool, I am in a networking/information security course in university and having a simple all in one tool like this is what I was looking for so I could test my network next Tuesday.

bissa, May 5, 2020
  3. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, May 5, 2020
  4. FLY3R Win User

Looking for a simple, free network tool

Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Looking for a simple, free network tool :)

FLY3R, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Looking for a simple, free network tool

1. Looking for a simple, free network tool - Similar Threads - Looking simple free

2. Looking for a simple video splitting software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a simple video splitting software: Hi All, I am in search of a simple video splitting software like 'Windows Photos' - the default one which comes with Windows. The issue with the aforesaid is that after splitting up the required video file will have a size more than the original, where it should be lesser...
  3. Looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks upload and download speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks upload and download speed: I'm looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks your upload speed. And, your download speed. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry * Original title: Wi-Fi tool . . ....
  4. Looking for Network Analysis tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for Network Analysis tool: Is there a GUI based network traffic analysis tool like tcpdump for Windows? If no GUI, then I’ll settle for a command line version. I found a product from Microolap however, I want to know what my options are? Thank-You 154589
  5. Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive: Hi there! I hope this is the right sub for my question, no idea where else i could ask this... i have my business gdrive mounted as a network drive in windows (via an app called RaiDrive), and it works. i can upload files to it by simple drag n drop in explorer. now my...
  6. Looking for a simple video editing program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a simple video editing program: I have a .mp4 video that I want to edit and cut some parts out of. There are some parts in the video (on the sides) I want to cut out, as you do on a picture. Is this even possible to do? Is there a program in W10 for this or can you recommend a easy free editor program?...
  7. SIMPLE OFFICE NETWORKING

SIMPLE OFFICE NETWORKING: Simple Office - Three Computers - No Domain Computer A sees Computer B & C and can access. Computer B & C can see A but No Access Granted. Computer B & C can ping A - No Data Loss Folks I've been trying for two days. Rest assured; Discovery is on, ipconfig/flushdns,...
  8. Looking for a tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a tool: I am looking for a tool to download that does the following: Removes all of the data collecting/telemetry found here: [REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY Removes all apps including the Store, Cortana, and Edge Removes OneDrive and SkyDrive including the SkyDrive in...
  9. Looking For A Simple Bandwidth Monitor

Looking For A Simple Bandwidth Monitor: comcast as of november is implementing a 1tb monthly cap(bs i know when the average broadband user uses at least 2tb monthly). i have looked at various monitors and they leave a lot not to like. all i want is something that sits in the systray and when i mouse-over the icon i...
  10. I'm looking for a network tool

I'm looking for a network tool: It's been a few months that i'm looking for a network tool for Windows that can forward , check ports and see if they are reachable over the internet. I know a good program to measure a the network LAN banwidth, it's called Real Network Monitor, also another very good app...