Windows 10: Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?

Discus and support Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Notes: Looking for a solid performer that will last for years at a low price. No major gaming or 3d rendering, some usage of photoshop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by realtordcnova, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?

Notes:

Looking for a solid performer that will last for years at a low price.

No major gaming or 3d rendering, some usage of photoshop and dreamweaver, older games, a database application, outlook with fairly sizable mailbox, skype, excel, word, browsing, etc...

Touch screen and 'reversible 2-in-1' is not mandatory but would certainly be nice.

Willing to do off-lease or refurbished.

I do want it to be either already pre-loaded with Windows 10 or if it is 7/8 to be compatible with 10 (and I'm assuming all 7/8 computers are eligible for free upgrades, even if it is not advertised?)

For a traditional laptop I was looking at these:

Acer Aspire E 15.6 Laptop - Touchscreen, Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Dual-core 2.20GHz, 8GB DDR3L SDRAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1 64-Bit - NX.MMSAA.028 at TigerDirect.com

HP EliteBook 8460p Notebook PC - Intel Core i5 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, 14.1 Display, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (Off-Lease) - RB-HPLP00310065 at TigerDirect.com

For a touch-screen 2-in-1 I was looking at these:

ASUS Transformer Book Flip 2-In-One Notebook PC - Intel Core i3 4030U 1.9GHz, 6GB Memory, 500GB HDD, 15.6 Full HD (1366 x 768), Windows 8.1 64-bit 1 Yr Accidental Damage Protection - TP500LA-EB31T at TigerDirect.com

Also, I wouldn't mind having a MacBook Pro and I found one on Craigslist that is:

$550
    2012 Model
    Core i5 2.5 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    500 GB Harddrive

Anyone see a better deal out there? What would you go for out of the 4 I listed?

:)

realtordcnova, Oct 16, 2015

2. windows CE on a 7" mini laptop looking for WiFi connections

thank you

suzii00956, Oct 16, 2015
  3. windows CE on a 7" mini laptop looking for WiFi connections

using system 7" mini laptop windows CE Trying to do WiFi connection but don't show anything in sytem shows lan only maybe got cleared by mistake....???? what should i do...???

suzii00956, Oct 16, 2015
  4. Gary Win User
  5. Hi Gary,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I've been looking at Surfaces for a while. The only problem with what you linked to is I need a minimum of 256 GB and preferably 500 GB. Maybe after the surface book and surface pro 4 are released a refurbished surface pro 3 with a 256 GB hard drive will be up my ally?

realtordcnova, Oct 16, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Try looking on Ebay, for your laptop, lots and lots of choices, and some are nice deals. I would take my time looking thou, don't rush into anything, and do research on the computer you find that you like BEFORE buying.

OldMike65, Oct 16, 2015
  7. BReeves Win User
    I never buy new, laptops or desktops. Look at off-lease or refurbished from Newegg or TigerDirect. Usually come with warranty and sometimes Windows install CD. Bought a ThinkPad T400 laptop to play with Windows 10 on for $150.00 trough an email special.

BReeves, Oct 17, 2015
  8. Antilope Win User

Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?

Dell sells refurbished business laptops that have been returned from business leases at the Dell Refurbished store. Some really good deals. Really inexpensive, really well made, better than consumer grade PC's. These come with a clean install of Windows 7, some Pro, some Home.

Over the last couple of years my family has purchased a couple of laptops and a couple of desktops from here. They are still working really well. We have upgraded all of them to Windows 10.

Also check out FatWallet for coupons for the refurbished Dell computers. Sometimes there are coupons for up to 50% off.

If you have a charge account at the regular Dell consumer website, the Dell business refurbished website also accepts that charge account (even for home purchases).

Here's a link to the refurbished Dell business laptops at the Dell refurbished store:

http://dellrefurbished.com/laptops

http://dellrefurbished.com/browse/?n...Price&hits=100

Antilope, Oct 17, 2015
  9. realtordcnova, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions?

1. Looking for a super-deal on laptop, suggestions? - Similar Threads - Looking super deal

2. Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT: Hi. I work for a small company of about 10-15 remote workers. We have at least 3 physical and 10 virtual servers. We are looking to implement a DLP policy in addition to performing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing. We have one server that is Linux with the...
  3. Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT: Hi. I work for a small company of about 10-15 remote workers. We have at least 3 physical and 10 virtual servers. We are looking to implement a DLP policy in addition to performing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing. We have one server that is Linux with the...
  4. Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions

Looking for RAMDisk Program Suggestions: I wonder if anyone has suggestions on RAMdisk programs that they like. I'm about to start putting together a new system but before I spend the money for 128GB of RAM I want to test some RAMDisk programs to make sure that they work as I need. If anyone has any suggestions for...
  5. Looking for Calendar App Suggestions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for Calendar App Suggestions: The default calendar app in Windows 10 does not play well with Google Calendars. I have several accounts in my G Suite account and the default app does not let me assign an event to a specific calendar. I'm looking for alternative apps. Any suggestions? At the moment I...
  6. Looking for suggestions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for suggestions: Hello everyone, I am currently using Bitdefender and Norton. I am having issues with Bitdefender as it slows down my system a lot. Should I uninstall it and run Norton alongside Windows Defender? Would that be fine? I am not sure which one to uninstall (Bitdefender or...
  7. PC stolen, looking for suggestions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC stolen, looking for suggestions: Hi, I've had my desktop PC stolen. I believe the windows account has been signed in from the new owner but I would like to remotely wipe the device or otherwise encrypt data. Thanks....
  8. My montior is super pixelated and looks bad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My montior is super pixelated and looks bad.: So, I was playing Fortnite and tried out stretched resolution using AMD radeon too. I tried to switch back to normal and then my monitor became all pixelated and unclear. Someone please please help me....
  9. Looking for advice or suggestion.

Looking for advice or suggestion.: I own a windows10 tablet... from the Microsoft store could you please recommend a battery status/usage/monitor app that is legit? 103193
  10. Looking for a new laptop. Some suggestions please...

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a new laptop. Some suggestions please...: For reasons that I simply cannot fathom, my employer has decreed that the entire office is going to laptops. In my situation, a laptop is fine for portable requirements where I have to be somewhere in the building and need access to my computer, or for traveling. For any real...