Windows 10: Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

Discus and support Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there! I hope this is the right sub for my question, no idea where else i could ask this... i have my business gdrive mounted as a network drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Choltzklotz, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

Hi there!

I hope this is the right sub for my question, no idea where else i could ask this...

i have my business gdrive mounted as a network drive in windows (via an app called RaiDrive), and it works. i can upload files to it by simple drag n drop in explorer.

now my problem is: of course i want to upload MANY files there.

if i select 10 files and drag them to the drive, all of them are copied at the same time, and as i have 1mb/s up, that slows everything down to a crawl, and uploading multiple files at the same time takes days and days.
    i could only ever drag one file at a time, but i'm sure we can agree that would suck just as much.

so basically i'm looking for a simple tool that can manage multiple file move operations with a queue, one at a time.

now you might say "idiot, just google that", and you would be right. i already did that.

i tried two tools, named "copy handler" and "teracopy". both seem to do exactly what i need at first glance. BUT the don't seem to know that they are dealing with a network drive. the "simulate" (?) a copy/move operation with 150MB/s, moving 3GB in a couple of seconds, and then stalling at 99,9%, while the actual file transfer is running with 1MB/s for an hour, during which both tools seemed to be already "done".

that's of course not exactly what i expected.

i know this is a pretty specific request, but maybe anyone knows what i could do?

i'd appreciate any help Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive :)

submitted by /u/Choltzklotz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Choltzklotz, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Cannot Mount Network Drive

Hi,

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Did you receive any error messages when you tried to mount the network drive?
    • Have you tried restarting your PC in Safe Mode with Networking?
    • Have you tried performing a clean boot?
    We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Feb 14, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

1. Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive - Similar Threads - Looking tool copy

2. no permission to copy files on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no permission to copy files on network: I have two computers connected to my Network. One of the computer desktop run W10 Pro 1809/64 and connected by Ethernet. The other computer laptop run W10 Home 1803/64 and connected by WiFi. Computers see themselves each other, but attempt of the copying of files from one...
  3. Mounting file

Mounting file: I bought a new desktop pc--Yeah! As instructed I downloaded all my old pc files to an external hard drive-- Fat32. When I try to open the files on my new pc, I am told "Couldn't mount file" and to use Disk Mgt snap-in---whatever that is. I am just trying to access my old...
  4. Can't copy files to network usb drive

Can't copy files to network usb drive: I can't copy files to network usb drive. I can copy from the network drive to the computer. Plus I can't make a new folder in windows 10 too on the network drive. It is almost like the drive is in like ready only state in windows 10. I have no problems with windows 7. I can...
  5. Mounting a Folder as shared network drive

Mounting a Folder as shared network drive: Hi there not sure if it's me or has W10 changed the way you mount network drives I used to be able to add say HDD2/Music as a "Network drive" on say Z. Now it seems I can only mount HDD2 as a network drive. (I.e top level directory rather than one of the subfolders - in...
  6. Looking for a tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a tool: I am looking for a tool to download that does the following: Removes all of the data collecting/telemetry found here: [REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY Removes all apps including the Store, Cortana, and Edge Removes OneDrive and SkyDrive including the SkyDrive in...
  7. Cannot mount network drives - drive letters not available

Cannot mount network drives - drive letters not available: Hi I have a strange problem. I have some harddrives on a "server" computer in my homenetwork running win 7. From my "client" running windows 10 I am mounting these drives using psexec \\server -u username -p password -d net share F=F:\ /GRANT:user,Full...
  8. Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives.

Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives.: [img] As you see in the screenshot Explorer just sits there trying to load the folder I've requested. This happens, seemingly, randomly, at least I haven't been able to find a pattern. If I unmount all network drives the problem disappears. Sometimes it loads within a...
  9. Looking for a tool to create a .pdb file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a tool to create a .pdb file.: Hi, I'm developing some tools that produce Win32 image files (.exe or .dll), and I want to supply debug information so that a user can use the image with a debugger. Does anyone know a tool that can write pdb files? Presumably from Microsoft, but possibly from some third...
  10. I'm looking for a network tool

I'm looking for a network tool: It's been a few months that i'm looking for a network tool for Windows that can forward , check ports and see if they are reachable over the internet. I know a good program to measure a the network LAN banwidth, it's called Real Network Monitor, also another very good app...