Windows 10: Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

Discus and support Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there! I hope this is the right sub for my question, no idea where else i could ask this... i have my business gdrive mounted as a network drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Choltzklotz, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

Hi there!

I hope this is the right sub for my question, no idea where else i could ask this...

i have my business gdrive mounted as a network drive in windows (via an app called RaiDrive), and it works. i can upload files to it by simple drag n drop in explorer.

now my problem is: of course i want to upload MANY files there.

if i select 10 files and drag them to the drive, all of them are copied at the same time, and as i have 1mb/s up, that slows everything down to a crawl, and uploading multiple files at the same time takes days and days.
    i could only ever drag one file at a time, but i'm sure we can agree that would suck just as much.

so basically i'm looking for a simple tool that can manage multiple file move operations with a queue, one at a time.

now you might say "idiot, just google that", and you would be right. i already did that.

i tried two tools, named "copy handler" and "teracopy". both seem to do exactly what i need at first glance. BUT the don't seem to know that they are dealing with a network drive. the "simulate" (?) a copy/move operation with 150MB/s, moving 3GB in a couple of seconds, and then stalling at 99,9%, while the actual file transfer is running with 1MB/s for an hour, during which both tools seemed to be already "done".

that's of course not exactly what i expected.

i know this is a pretty specific request, but maybe anyone knows what i could do?

i'd appreciate any help Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive :)

submitted by /u/Choltzklotz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Choltzklotz, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Cannot Mount Network Drive

Hi,

We would like to ask some questions to know the best possible resolution.

• Did you receive any error messages when you tried to mount the network drive?
    • Have you tried restarting your PC in Safe Mode with Networking?
    • Have you tried performing a clean boot?
    We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Feb 14, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

1. Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive - Similar Threads - Looking tool copy

2. Copying a file to a network drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying a file to a network drive.: Hello. There was a problem with copying small files less than 481 kb from a network drive Netgear REDINAS Ultra 2 to a computer and back. Larger files are transferred without problems. Windows 11 version 25115. There is no problem on a computer with Windows 11 22000....
  3. Copying a file to a network drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying a file to a network drive.: Hello. There was a problem with copying small files less than 481 kb from a network drive Netgear REDINAS Ultra 2 to a computer and back. Larger files are transferred without problems. Windows 11 version 25115. There is no problem on a computer with Windows 11 22000....
  4. copy file to onedrive mapped as a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy file to onedrive mapped as a network drive: Hi I have my onedrive mapped as network drive, with some of the folders as local copy. When I try to copy a file from my desktop to a onedrive folder that does not have a local copy, the copy is initiated and ends in saying 0-bytes to copy. Despite of that the copy fails, the...
  5. How to delay mounting network drives

How to delay mounting network drives: Hi there! i'm running windows 10 PRO ver 1909, and i bought a synology NAS. Since the first day, after mapping the network drives, i noticed everytime i reboot my laptop, windows tries to mount the drives first (or so it seems), as the wifi takes a sec longer to connect, it...
  6. How to delay mounting network drives

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delay mounting network drives: Hi there! i'm running windows 10 PRO ver 1909, and i bought a synology NAS. Since the first day, after mapping the network drives, i noticed everytime i reboot my laptop, windows tries to mount the drives first (or so it seems), as the wifi takes a sec longer to connect, it...
  7. Looking for a simple, free network tool

Looking for a simple, free network tool: Hey guys; I am looking to map my local home network. My Optimum Altice router doesn't give me the info I want. I am looking for a free and simple tool that I can install locally to view the ip addresses and hostnames of each connected device. What do you recommend? Thanks...
  8. Looking for Network Analysis tool

Looking for Network Analysis tool: Is there a GUI based network traffic analysis tool like tcpdump for Windows? If no GUI, then I’ll settle for a command line version. I found a product from Microolap however, I want to know what my options are? Thank-You 154589
  9. Mounting a Folder as shared network drive

Mounting a Folder as shared network drive: Hi there not sure if it's me or has W10 changed the way you mount network drives I used to be able to add say HDD2/Music as a "Network drive" on say Z. Now it seems I can only mount HDD2 as a network drive. (I.e top level directory rather than one of the subfolders - in...
  10. I'm looking for a network tool

I'm looking for a network tool: It's been a few months that i'm looking for a network tool for Windows that can forward , check ports and see if they are reachable over the internet. I know a good program to measure a the network LAN banwidth, it's called Real Network Monitor, also another very good app...