Windows 10: Looking for a tool

Discus and support Looking for a tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ahhh excuse me??? Nothing wrong with MY windows 10 Pro. My install is NOT crippled in anyway. I am not the original poster of this thread. Maybe you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SightUp, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Looking for a tool

I wasn't talking to you, if I was I would have quoted you. I was replying to the OP's first post. Just because I posted after you doesn't mean its in response to your post. Gezzzzz yourself.

alphanumeric, Aug 26, 2015
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Ok MY mistake sir.....didn't have to be so grumpy about it thou. *Eek

OldMike65, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Maybe not, it was your Geeez *sarc that prompted mine though?

4. WhyMe Win User

Looking for a tool

Gezzzzz to the pair of you. *Biggrin I'd like you both to sit on the naughty step for a couple of minutes in silent contemplation... *Wink

WhyMe, Aug 26, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok sniffle,sniffle.....sitting down......sniff....*Redface

OldMike65, Aug 26, 2015
  6. I already forgot about it, no big deal in my books. But just for the record, my dad can beat up your dad. *Tongue

7. OldMike65 Win User
    My 95lb Doberman can beat your dad. hehehe *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 26, 2015
  8. Looking for a tool

110lb Lab Rottie mix here. She has the Lab temperament so she is great around the kids and grand kids. Anyway to get things back on track. I still think its a bad move to strip out all of what the OP listed in his first post. IMHO, its just going to lead to other issues with broken functionality. Especially if your going to turn off system restore. If he wants to go for fine, just don't be surprised when things go south.

9. OldMike65 Win User
    I agree and told him not to turn off his system restore. But seems some folks would like the choice of what system programs can be removed. I myself would LOVE to remove XBOX from my windows 10 Pro, but only fix I have seen so far is lame. It uses powershell command and only removes it from the menu, their is like 500 entries of xbox in our registry, which can't be removed or it would mess up windows. That's just an example. Maybe down the road, MS will allow us too. *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 26, 2015
  10. I agree, letting you uninstall some of those default bundled with Windows Apps would stop people from resorting to other means to do it. I don't see why a lot of them are set as uninstallable? Anyway, it will be interesting to see what the OP does, and how it works out.

11. SightUp Win User
    If only it supported DX...

SightUp, Aug 26, 2015
  12. Basically -- NO. There are apps that claim to disable all the telemetry -- although, I don't know how you would go about confirming that after installing them.

As to removing store apps, this thread claims to be able to do that: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

As to skydrive, this thread claims to disable and remove it: Disable/Remove SkyDrive

As to Windows Defender, You can easily disable it yourself. I've found it to be all but useless when I got some "PUPs" on my PC. Not only did Defender fail to detect them, it also failed to remove them. MBAM did both -- so I use that now.

As to Windows Updates, Win10 is DESIGNED to force you to install ALL the updates. You can disable updates, but I've not heard of any way to enable/disable individual updates.

Mark Phelps, Aug 26, 2015
  13. Looking for a tool

I have to agree with some of the other advice. If you want to disable pretty much everything that comes with Windows 10, just use a previous version. There's no good reason to alter that many system level options, unless you are trying to have an unstable build. This is like buying a Porsche, then asking for a way to disable 4 of the cylinders, soften the suspension, and like the rear spoiler down so it never engages.

DeaconFrost, Aug 26, 2015
  14. WhyMe Win User
    Personally, I always turn off system restore on my personal systems as soon as I install Windows. When I'm building systems for other people I always make sure it is enabled.

Edit: Wow this thread has drifted. Started off with a search for a utility, moved on to the merits of system restore, then came the discussion on dogs and now we are back to system restore....

WhyMe, Aug 26, 2015
  15. zooburner Win User
    Try this site
    https://fix10.isleaked.com/

It's not a tool as such, but does teach you how to turn things off, to regain at least a degree of privacy.
    I'm not sure though what you can do about the update situation.

zooburner, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Looking for a tool

1. Looking for a tool - Similar Threads - Looking tool

2. Looking for a tool similar to Mission Control or Task View, but which visually filters...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a tool similar to Mission Control or Task View, but which visually filters...: tl;dr: quick app for graphically/visually searching through open app windows as you type— like this— on Windows 10? Hi guys! So there's a feature that is either built-in or otherwise readily available on desktops that I'm used to, and it's the single window management...
  3. Looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks upload and download speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks upload and download speed: I'm looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks your upload speed. And, your download speed. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry * Original title: Wi-Fi tool . . ....
  4. First look at Windows 10's new DiskUsage analysis tool

in Windows 10 News
    First look at Windows 10's new DiskUsage analysis tool: DiskUsage is a new command line tool that Microsoft added to Insider Builds of the company's Windows 10 operating system without much fanfare. The tool, located in System32, provides users with information on files when run, e.g. to analyze hard drive or partition space. The...
  5. Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements: I'm looking for a disk partitioning tool that meets the following requirements Can run on a wroking Windows 10, or form a bootable flash drive Can create or remove ALL partitioning types, including specifying the GUIDs on GPT disks Either the Windows or bootable version can...
  6. Looking for a simple, free network tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for a simple, free network tool: Hey guys; I am looking to map my local home network. My Optimum Altice router doesn't give me the info I want. I am looking for a free and simple tool that I can install locally to view the ip addresses and hostnames of each connected device. What do you recommend? Thanks...
  7. Looking for Network Analysis tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for Network Analysis tool: Is there a GUI based network traffic analysis tool like tcpdump for Windows? If no GUI, then I’ll settle for a command line version. I found a product from Microolap however, I want to know what my options are? Thank-You 154589
  8. Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive: Hi there! I hope this is the right sub for my question, no idea where else i could ask this... i have my business gdrive mounted as a network drive in windows (via an app called RaiDrive), and it works. i can upload files to it by simple drag n drop in explorer. now my...
  9. Weird issue with windows snipping tool. Things I snip randomly come out looking like this...

Weird issue with windows snipping tool. Things I snip randomly come out looking like this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DeadUncle [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekiysm/weird_issue_with_windows_snipping_tool_things_i/
  10. Windows 10 looking for tool bar

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 looking for tool bar: New to windows 10 today and I am looking for tools so I can get to my Verizon Yahoo web page. Help appreciated. Thank you. 144800