Windows 10: Looking for a tool

Discus and support Looking for a tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have to agree with some of the other advice. If you want to disable pretty much everything that comes with Windows 10, just use a previous version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SightUp, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Looking for a tool

I would agree -- up to a point.

If you want to turn this many things off, then the simple solution is to go back to Windows 8.1. In my view, apart from all this spying, and disabling control over Windows Update, Win10 is really Win8.2 anyway. So, going back to Win8.1 is not really giving up anything useful.

But, as to the Porsche, those were features that affect it's performance -- and what the OP wants is to disable stuff that affect their privacy and control. So, my auto analogy would be that if you were test driving one of the new US domestic cars and found out that the built-in hotspot automatically sent everything to the manufacturer, wanting to know how to turn that off -- so the manufacturer was not "spying on you".

Mark Phelps, Aug 26, 2015

2. Unplug the Ethernet cable or remove the wireless receiver would give you the desired effect. Seriously you can only turn so much off without making the system unusable. If you can't live with 10 as it is go back to your previous OS. Maybe the next big update around Christmas 2015 will reverse the opt out to an opt in system. You could even wait longer you have until July 2016 to make a decision.

Indianatone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Looking for a tool

1. Looking for a tool - Similar Threads - Looking tool

2. Looking for a tool similar to Mission Control or Task View, but which visually filters...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a tool similar to Mission Control or Task View, but which visually filters...: tl;dr: quick app for graphically/visually searching through open app windows as you type— like this— on Windows 10? Hi guys! So there's a feature that is either built-in or otherwise readily available on desktops that I'm used to, and it's the single window management...
  3. Looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks upload and download speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks upload and download speed: I'm looking for a free Wi-Fi tool that checks your upload speed. And, your download speed. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry * Original title: Wi-Fi tool . . ....
  4. First look at Windows 10's new DiskUsage analysis tool

in Windows 10 News
    First look at Windows 10's new DiskUsage analysis tool: DiskUsage is a new command line tool that Microsoft added to Insider Builds of the company's Windows 10 operating system without much fanfare. The tool, located in System32, provides users with information on files when run, e.g. to analyze hard drive or partition space. The...
  5. Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements: I'm looking for a disk partitioning tool that meets the following requirements Can run on a wroking Windows 10, or form a bootable flash drive Can create or remove ALL partitioning types, including specifying the GUIDs on GPT disks Either the Windows or bootable version can...
  6. Looking for a simple, free network tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for a simple, free network tool: Hey guys; I am looking to map my local home network. My Optimum Altice router doesn't give me the info I want. I am looking for a free and simple tool that I can install locally to view the ip addresses and hostnames of each connected device. What do you recommend? Thanks...
  7. Looking for Network Analysis tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for Network Analysis tool: Is there a GUI based network traffic analysis tool like tcpdump for Windows? If no GUI, then I’ll settle for a command line version. I found a product from Microolap however, I want to know what my options are? Thank-You 154589
  8. Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive

Looking for a tool to copy files to a mounted network drive: Hi there! I hope this is the right sub for my question, no idea where else i could ask this... i have my business gdrive mounted as a network drive in windows (via an app called RaiDrive), and it works. i can upload files to it by simple drag n drop in explorer. now my...
  9. Weird issue with windows snipping tool. Things I snip randomly come out looking like this...

Weird issue with windows snipping tool. Things I snip randomly come out looking like this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DeadUncle [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekiysm/weird_issue_with_windows_snipping_tool_things_i/
  10. Windows 10 looking for tool bar

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 looking for tool bar: New to windows 10 today and I am looking for tools so I can get to my Verizon Yahoo web page. Help appreciated. Thank you. 144800