Windows 10: Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop

Discus and support Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm looking for a way to display a simple digital clock and weather on the desktop. Sense Desktop seems to have a decent solution, but even the paid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alfred_Brendel, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop

I'm looking for a way to display a simple digital clock and weather on the desktop. Sense Desktop seems to have a decent solution, but even the paid version isn't fully customizable to my liking.

Ideally I would like a clock like this

and weather like this, but with the option to get hourly or daily forecasts, and wind direction in addition to speed

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Alfred_Brendel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alfred_Brendel, Dec 8, 2019

2. How Do I change the weather location on Desktop?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In Weather app by default it takes the system location. You have to search manually to look out for weather of particular location.

I suggest you to set your region and language and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel and select Clock, Region and Language.

• Click on Language to set your language as default.

• Next select Region and in the dropdown select country as
      your region.
    There is no option to change the location of the Weather in Weather app. I suggest you to give your feedback in feedback app.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 8, 2019
  3. time and weather on desktop

I've used desktop gadgets forever to display a clock, a calendar and weather for several cities.
    I know that gadgets are gone, so I'm looking for a replacement that meets my needs. I'm not optimistic, but perhaps there are solutions I've missed so far....
    I need them to appear when Windows startup
    I want them to be small (not taking up too much of the screen)
    For weather, I need to be able to have multiple cities open at the same time and not getting in each other's way

Any ideas?

newmarket2, Dec 8, 2019
  4. zekeblue Win User

Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop

Desktop Clock Wanted

Glad you got set up. That calendar is actually what I first suggested! A number of skins to choose from. It will also display the weather in a separate widget if you like.

zekeblue, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop

1. Looking for a way to display clock & weather on desktop - Similar Threads - Looking display clock

2. desktop clock

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop clock: i need a pc clock to alert or call out every hour from[ 9:30am until 3:30pm ] doing the day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-clock/21d8b6a4-5af7-4247-a5d1-467c415688cc
  3. Looking for a simple weather widget for my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a simple weather widget for my desktop: I've used Rainmeter but sometimes the service is down and I have to wait it out, or try another skin. I just want something simple, small, and dependable for my desktop showing Temp. and forcast. I don't want to click on anything to view it. submitted by /u/sschardi...
  4. DESKTOP, WHY NOT CLOCK, CALENDAR, AND WEATHER?

DESKTOP, WHY NOT CLOCK, CALENDAR, AND WEATHER?: During this Coronavirus pandemic, many people are really starting to use the home computer, smartphone, and Internet access for some serious business. I know we have been learning the PC for about 35 years now, but still having the same complaints. It's expensive, useless, a...
  5. Time and weather display onWindows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time and weather display onWindows 10 desktop: How can I display time and temperature on the desktop? I used to be able to do this on my old pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-and-weather-display-onwindows-10-desktop/8f61ebe4-64a3-4e50-ae71-9bd106a690d8
  6. Grainy looking desktop display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grainy looking desktop display: Hi all, I was playing a game via Origin. The game crashed, prompted a pop-up showing a DirectX error code, however I did not get to properly read this as it disappeared. I was then returned to the desktop screen to find that it is now all grainy with pixelated...
  7. Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops: Working in a school environment we are trying to find a way via GPO to completely disabel the virtual desktops for our workstations. We have pt in place the setting to hide the taskbar icon but the WIN-CTRL-D shortcut is still accessible. The registry hacks to disable the WIN...
  8. Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?

Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?: Hey guys, I've noticed that when I lock my Windows 10 PC using "Windows key + L" the time is displayed and only sometimes the weather is displayed. The weather is only displayed some times for some reason... What can I do? I just want to see the current...
  9. Desktop Clock ?

Desktop Clock ?: Hi, Have a new pc, the old one was junked. I forgot to copy down the name of this App, stupidly befor getting rid of, but would like to ask here for any possible help. Really liked it a lot. It was a Desktop clock App, but had a zillion options. You could display...
  10. time and weather on desktop

time and weather on desktop: I've used desktop gadgets forever to display a clock, a calendar and weather for several cities. I know that gadgets are gone, so I'm looking for a replacement that meets my needs. I'm not optimistic, but perhaps there are solutions I've missed so far.... I need them to...