Windows 10: Looking for a way to easily sort my folders in the "Favorites" tab - HELP!

Discus and support Looking for a way to easily sort my folders in the "Favorites" tab - HELP! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I seem to recall this being a simple few steps in earlier versions of Windows - but now there's Microsoft Edge, which has yet to impress me. All I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PShinn, Nov 20, 2019.

1. PShinn Win User

Looking for a way to easily sort my folders in the "Favorites" tab - HELP!

I seem to recall this being a simple few steps in earlier versions of Windows - but now there's Microsoft Edge, which has yet to impress me.

All I've found is a complicated string of steps to type in Microsoft Edge. Why not a simple tab under the "Organize folders" to sort alphabetically?????

:)

PShinn, Nov 20, 2019

2. Favourites Folders -alphabetical sorting within each Folder

Hi Neil,

Let me provide you now the steps on how to to sort your folders in alphabetical order.

This method will allow you to arrange your favorites by alphabetical or by their numbers.

Here are the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Favorites.
    • Right-click on Favorites Bar.
    • Right-click on the Favorites folder.
    • Click on Sort by, then select Name and
      Ascending

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 20, 2019
  3. How do you sort whole list of Favorites?

How do you sort the whole list of favorites? There used to be a way to do this. When I make a new folder, I want it to be with all the other folders. My actual Favorites folder somehow moved to the bottom of the list.

JeanneWeaverJM, Nov 20, 2019
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Looking for a way to easily sort my folders in the "Favorites" tab - HELP! - Similar Threads - Looking easily sort

2. Sort photos by favorite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort photos by favorite: Hello,I have a folder with thousands of photos. I have marked some favorites out of those and want to delete all othersI tried to sort by Favorite, but there is no such option. I have the latest version of Win 11 as of Feb/03/2023How do I select the "non-favorites" so I can...
  3. Sort photos by favorite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort photos by favorite: Hello,I have a folder with thousands of photos. I have marked some favorites out of those and want to delete all othersI tried to sort by Favorite, but there is no such option. I have the latest version of Win 11 as of Feb/03/2023How do I select the "non-favorites" so I can...
  4. Is there a way to easily tag files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to easily tag files?: As a videographer, it is safe to say I have a shit ton of files. And putting them in folders is a good start, but it has it's limits. Most specifically when you want to use a certain clip for multiple projects. So I'm looking for a way to easily add tags to the files. The...
  5. Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?

Is there any way to sort files any way I want in a folder?: Any way to do this or am I limited to only date, size, and type? submitted by /u/greatbuy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf5e8/is_there_any_way_to_sort_files_any_way_i_want_in/
  6. Lost favorites and sorted

in Browsers and Email
    Lost favorites and sorted: I am using Chromium Edge. A Folder got moved and I can not find it so I am assuming that it has been deleted. I would like to be able to restore the folder. Also I sorted the favorites, can I fix that? I looked at some suggested fixes but I could not find my folder. Thank...
  7. Lost favorites and sorted

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost favorites and sorted: I am using Chromium Edge. A Folder got moved and I can not find it so I am assuming that it has been deleted. I would like to be able to restore the folder. Also I sorted the favorites, can I fix that? I looked at some suggested fixes but I could not find my folder. Thank...
  8. Help with folder "sorting".

Help with folder "sorting".: Basically I have this pictures folder that has many sub-folders. I want to have this whole folder with the sub-folders "Sorted by date. (Ascending)" I tried to go into View>Folder Settings>View and apply to all, but that just applies it to my whole computer. I want it just...
  9. Closing multiple tabs easily

in Browsers and Email
    Closing multiple tabs easily: Don't know if this is posted elsewhere, just saw it in my How to Geek email. Nifty shortcuts to close multiple tabs various ways in Firefox and Chrome. *Arrow How to Select and Close Multiple Chrome or Firefox Tabs at Once 128934
  10. Edge - Can favorites be sorted?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Can favorites be sorted?: I am likely missing something here, but I can not seem to figure out how I can sort my favorites in Edge alphabetically? When a favorite is added it is added to the bottom of the list, and so on. I would like to sort them alphabetically if possible. Thanks for any tips,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to sort favorites folders in windows 10