Windows 10: Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool.

Discus and support Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm doing some WAP upgrades for a company I work for. They have a pretty robust Cisco lightweight AP system and I'm upgrading the hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Biohacker53, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool.

Hello,

I'm doing some WAP upgrades for a company I work for. They have a pretty robust Cisco lightweight AP system and I'm upgrading the hardware to support wireless AC. I have 60-70 WAPs to go through and I want to go through them quickly. They have multiple subnets connected to multiple secure SSIDs, of which I have authentication access to all. I was wondering if there is a utility/script that would allow me to connect to the WAP I installed, authenticate my credentials, connect, ping out to certain IP addresses, disconnect then reconnect to a new SSID and do the same steps. Then give me some kind of report saying everything worked. I also want to verify the MAC address of the WAP so I know it connected to the same one I just installed. I've skimmed over some software like Acrylic and although knowing the MAC is up and broadcasting is great I cant tell if they are passing traffic through the router.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help!

:)

Biohacker53, Apr 20, 2016
  2. RPG17A Win User

Looking for a tool bar...

Hi

If your using internet explorer right click settings icon(cogwheel) very top right of page not the lower one near account photo holder.

Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool. [​IMG]

RPG17A, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Looking for a tool bar...

This toolbar available in internet explorer

Raman Singh [Insider], Apr 20, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool.

If its a Cisco system of WAPS, your first choice is to see if they have a management app.

RWOne, Apr 20, 2016
  5. I like Inssider but I don't think it has a way to connect and ping. Am I wrong?

6. They have a wireless controller that I am unable to get access to. Access is given to another employee that isn't working with me on this upgrade *Huh

7. sml156 Win User
    Then tell your employer or the other employee you need access to complete the job.

sml156, Apr 21, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

If they are Cisco AP's and are using Radius, it has to be done through the controller for those AP's. If the person in charge of IT will not give you access to the equipment to place them on the system, tell them that you are moving on to greener pastures.

It becomes a power game, that you get a job to do, but the person in charge of IT or management does not give you the proper credentials to access Cisco's IOS, to write and load the program to place the equipment online.

It only takes a day or two to realize when you are going to have nothing but headaches with a company when this kind of stuff happens. Not worth the cost of your time to play their games.

bro67, Apr 21, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    That will only tell them what radios are broadcasting. The Cisco Enterprise AP's use a special controller that runs on Cisco's IOS. In order for them to set them up, they have to be placed on VLAN's, the Radius server, also information on them programmed into the Smart Switch, etc..

Even someone with the Cisco Certifications for this area to do this. It takes about a week to get everything going, before you can go live with the new equipment. That is because everything has to compile and if you have problems, you have to go back through the code and figure out where you screwed.

Setting up Enterprise networks is not a walk in the park. It is also not plug and play like most home equipment. I run Enterprise grade equipment on my network and it takes about two days to set everything up, if I have to swap out a Access Point or the Firewall.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool. - Similar Threads - Looking WIFI connectivity

2. Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for a partitioning tool with requirements: I'm looking for a disk partitioning tool that meets the following requirements Can run on a wroking Windows 10, or form a bootable flash drive Can create or remove ALL partitioning types, including specifying the GUIDs on GPT disks Either the Windows or bootable version can...
  3. Wifi looks to be connected but no Internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi looks to be connected but no Internet access: I've been having an issue with my computer's wifi for almost a year now. Every few days, my computer will stop being able to connect to the internet. When diagnosing my network settings, nothing is ever found. It also does not say anything is wrong with my wifi, there is no...
  4. Looking for a simple, free network tool

Looking for a simple, free network tool: Hey guys; I am looking to map my local home network. My Optimum Altice router doesn't give me the info I want. I am looking for a free and simple tool that I can install locally to view the ip addresses and hostnames of each connected device. What do you recommend? Thanks...
  5. Looking for Network Analysis tool

Looking for Network Analysis tool: Is there a GUI based network traffic analysis tool like tcpdump for Windows? If no GUI, then I’ll settle for a command line version. I found a product from Microolap however, I want to know what my options are? Thank-You 154589
  6. WiFi Tool . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi Tool . . .: WiFi Tool . . . I had it before. But, I can't seem to find it. Please send me a link to get it. I will save, the link, for future use. I just wish, I was hooked up thru a cable company. But, my wife and I, are both retired. And, she says, "We can't afford it" Thanks for...
  7. looking up fot tools menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    looking up fot tools menu: I downloaded the JRE Windows Installation. I am then instructed to go to the Tools menu to enable the JVM. By doing so I have to : (1) go to the tools menu; (2) click on Internet options; (3) go to Advanced tab; (4) uncheck Microsoft VM and check Java (sun). Unfortunately I...
  8. Looking for a tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a tool: I am looking for a tool to download that does the following: Removes all of the data collecting/telemetry found here: [REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY Removes all apps including the Store, Cortana, and Edge Removes OneDrive and SkyDrive including the SkyDrive in...
  9. Looking for a tool to create a .pdb file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a tool to create a .pdb file.: Hi, I'm developing some tools that produce Win32 image files (.exe or .dll), and I want to supply debug information so that a user can use the image with a debugger. Does anyone know a tool that can write pdb files? Presumably from Microsoft, but possibly from some third...
  10. I'm looking for a network tool

I'm looking for a network tool: It's been a few months that i'm looking for a network tool for Windows that can forward , check ports and see if they are reachable over the internet. I know a good program to measure a the network LAN banwidth, it's called Real Network Monitor, also another very good app...