Windows 10: Looking for a windows 10 audio player that has smart speed

Discus and support Looking for a windows 10 audio player that has smart speed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Many podcast apps have added the ability speed up audio without increasing the pitch. Are there windows 10 apps that can do this? Overcast, the app I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/warandpeace14, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Looking for a windows 10 audio player that has smart speed

Many podcast apps have added the ability speed up audio without increasing the pitch. Are there windows 10 apps that can do this?

Overcast, the app I use, has a smart speed feature that cuts out gaps between words. Any implementation on windows?

submitted by /u/warandpeace14
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/warandpeace14, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Looking for Audio Player Recommendations

@JOSHSKORN

1. I have no idea why it starts on the same song, unless you're resuming previous playlists or not closing the player completely.

2. I'm not aware of any way to show more information in WMP 'Now Playing' mode, with the exception of "Windows Media Player Taskband", (which still works in Windows 10, btw), which shows info for a short period of time on mouse hover.
    Enable WMP Taskband:
    Windows Media Player Taskband

3. WMP requires a Plug-in to show lyrics.
    (Downloading and running some Plug-ins from the internet can be 'sketchy'! I'll leave that up to you! Use CAUTION!)

Other media players have 'show lyrics' capabilities but, most of them require you to have an .lrc (lyric) file of every track in every folder!

Best of luck in your search. If I come across anything else, I'll post about it.

Looking for a windows 10 audio player that has smart speed [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 9, 2019
  3. JOSHSKORN Win User

I recently got a new audio setup and have been playing all of my ripped CDs (in WAV format) using Windows Media Player. I'm not pleased with it, to be honest. Here's why:
    • It always starts on the exact same song
    • The current song isn't very easily displayed. There's only one line in small text that shows song information, switching between Artist name, song title, Album name I think. I'd like it in a bit larger text, but at least for the song title & artist to stay there.
    • I would love for it to display the lyrics, if that's possible. Windows Media Player, does not.
    Otherwise, it does the job for me. I'm just wondering if there's anything better. Not sure if I need an Equilizer or not.

Here's my audio setup:
    • Receiver: Yamaha RX-V383
    • Speakers: KEF Q100s (pair)

JOSHSKORN, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Devildog Win User

Looking for a windows 10 audio player that has smart speed

I enjoy using Windows Media Player Classic, very nice interface with lots of settings, it has support for x86 & x64 OS's. Also VLC is another nice one.

Devildog, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Looking for a windows 10 audio player that has smart speed

1. Looking for a windows 10 audio player that has smart speed - Similar Threads - Looking audio player

2. Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make MP4 audio open in audio player not video player on Windows 10: The default video player for windows 10 was blank in settings. All of the videos opened in Movies & TV. I am having an issue where picture and audio files take a long time to open. So, I changed the default apps for those file types to see if they opened quicker. I noticed...
  3. Smart Audio Popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Audio Popup: Suddenly, the Smart Audio Popup has been appearing stating the coexant device cannot be found. I have no idea what this means as my camera and other audio work. How do I stop this popup as it has become very annoying. Thank you....
  4. Smart Audio Popup

Smart Audio Popup: Suddenly, the Smart Audio Popup has been appearing stating the coexant device cannot be found. I have no idea what this means as my camera and other audio work. How do I stop this popup as it has become very annoying. Thank you....
  5. Smart Audio Popup

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Looking for mp3 player program for Windows 10 that has customizable buttons like a **rewind...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for mp3 player program for Windows 10 that has customizable buttons like a **rewind...: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Looking to play MP3s on Windows 10 and have a button that rewinds the MP3 just 10 seconds - 1 minute, and perhaps a bookmark function? Groove music (and a few other mp3 playing softwares I found on the windows store) doesn't...
  7. Looking for "smart" photo organizer

Looking for "smart" photo organizer: I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for a photo organizing program that mimics the "For you" recommendations in Google Photos. Something that pulls out and makes things like potential animations and collages from the photos you add. Is there anything like this outside...
  8. Looking for a music player

Looking for a music player: I need to make playlists from local files, but I want the playlists to have images. Spotify doesn't work in my country. I really want it to be UWP, but normal works as well. VLC UWP is the closest I've found, but the playlists don't let you add covers submitted by...
  9. Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Looking for free Windows 10 Update speed limiter: Hello. I am looking for a free Windows 10 Update speed limiter. Yes, I know all the tricks to stop updates, set connections as metered, changing gpedit (which does not affect anything btw) etc, etc. I have tried programs such as NetLimiter and NetBalancer which I really...
  10. Looking for Audio Player Recommendations

Looking for Audio Player Recommendations: I recently got a new audio setup and have been playing all of my ripped CDs (in WAV format) using Windows Media Player. I'm not pleased with it, to be honest. Here's why: It always starts on the exact same song The current song isn't very easily displayed. There's only one...