Windows 10: Looking for a Windows 10 image viewer/slideshow with very specific features ...

Discus and support Looking for a Windows 10 image viewer/slideshow with very specific features ... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First of all, I have used "search" before posting, and seen a lot of recommended photo viewers, but the reviews of the various photo viewers have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/demon-strator, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Looking for a Windows 10 image viewer/slideshow with very specific features ...

First of all, I have used "search" before posting, and seen a lot of recommended photo viewers, but the reviews of the various photo viewers have not mentioned most of the features I'm interested in, specifically. So I thought I'd see if someone here has encountered a viewer that:

1. Will display the entire contents of a folder in a slideshow (no hand-selection needed)
    2. Will allow the user to control the duration for which individual images are shown (somewhere between 1 second and ten minutes would be fine) in the slideshow
    3. Has an option to display the filename of the image
    4. This not NECESSARY but would be much preferred: has the ability to display a slideshow in a window, i.e., not full screen or on desktop.
    5. have the ability to pause the show at the press of a mouse or a key so I can copy off the filename if need be

Less important but nice would be the ability to copy the filename with the press of a button (like Imgur offers when you pull up an image from your imgur collection).

Also nice would be the same program with the same functions on Android (but this is hardly essential).

Don't care at all about image editing options: I have GIMP and I know how to use it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

submitted by /u/demon-strator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/demon-strator, Nov 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 image viewer wont stop playing as a slideshow

So for some reason when I go to click on a picture in my pictures on windows 10 it wont show the picture I clicked on as a still image, instead it flashes through all my pictures in the folder as a slideshow. This happens for every picture I click on. I
    don't know why all of a sudden it started doing this, I had made no changes to my computer and I certainly never turned on slideshow. I've tried everything but the slideshow wont turn off. Any suggestions?

Note, i'm not sure if this is even a slideshow or whether it's bugged. Slideshow usually appears in fullscreen but this is not appearing full screen for me, it appears on normal size image viewer and the photos flash quite fast not slow like regular slideshow.
    When I click on slideshow this thing does not turn off.

jellyfishcum, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Looking for a Windows 10 image viewer/slideshow with very specific features ...

Windows 10 Photo Viewer slideshow

Windows 10 Photo Viewer slideshow displays the pictures full size, not full screen, hence they are cropped if bigger than the display.

Hence I cannot use Slideshow as I did in Win 8.

Looks like a glitch to me, or is there a setting for Windows 10 Viewer?

YvesLeroux, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Looking for a Windows 10 image viewer/slideshow with very specific features ...

1. Looking for a Windows 10 image viewer/slideshow with very specific features ... - Similar Threads - Looking image viewer

2. Looking for a reminder app with very specific features, can't find anything suitable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a reminder app with very specific features, can't find anything suitable: I want an app that allows me to create a reminder for myself and set a time at which it will pop up on my screen and remind me. It sound simple, but you would be amazed by how difficult this is to find as most reminder apps seem to emphasize the listmaking and calendar...
  3. Location of Image in Slideshow

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Location of Image in Slideshow: I REALLY want to know the location of one of the images that is currently in the slideshow that displays as my lock screen. I am aware that this question has been asked, but the reference given in response by a Micrsoft Agent does not work currently. I have seen the...
  4. image viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    image viewer: Hi, the default Microsoft image viewer ("Photos") in Windows 10 is ridiculously heavy. How can i use the default image viewer from Windows 7 in Windows 10? Please help. Thanks!...
  5. "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow: I prefer to use "Windows Photo Viewer" for viewing images since like forever, and since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been facing some issues. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but when I use the same it shows all the images cropped whenever I enter the slideshow mode. Is...
  6. Looking for folder viewer that shows thumbnails of hidden images

Looking for folder viewer that shows thumbnails of hidden images: Hi, I'm trying to save the hidden image files from Windows Spotlight. I know where to find them, but manually adding the .jpg extension to the whole list of files there, then deleting the garbage, is very tedious. It would be so much easier to just look at the whole folder in...
  7. Image viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image viewer: I tried to upgrade Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1803, (since the computer were constantly nagging about it). But it didn’t work and now I have lost the image viewer and more. I can no longer open any picture on that laptop. I just get the message “The app didn’t start”...
  8. Slideshow background images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slideshow background images: I upgraded to 10 from 8.1. In 8.1 I had a slide show desktop background. That carried forward into 10 ( I still have the slideshow background). However, I cannot find where the images are located on the computer. Would like to modify but need to know where they are. 18606
  9. Looking for very specific media win 10 app or software

Looking for very specific media win 10 app or software: I look for some kind media browser app where i add folder with my tv shows and movies and i can browse within this folder , also i wanna big thumbnails on subfolders , possibility to play my files or with external player , add picture for subfolders with tv show or movie...
  10. Very specific questions about Windows 10 features.

in Windows 10 Support
    Very specific questions about Windows 10 features.: Folks, I have a number of questions about how much "sanity" has been restored in Windows 10. Since I can't seem to find anything about these while searching, I thought I would register and ask here. So, if you can help, I would appreciate it. 1. I have been generally...