Windows 10: Looking for a Windows10 manager that does basic stuff.

Discus and support Looking for a Windows10 manager that does basic stuff. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know this sounds stupid. I'm a long time Windows7 user being forced to migrate to Windows10, at least for certain things. I'm using my wifes HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/buzzkilt, Jun 28, 2024.

1. Looking for a Windows10 manager that does basic stuff.

I know this sounds stupid. I'm a long time Windows7 user being forced to migrate to Windows10, at least for certain things. I'm using my wifes HP Windows10 laptop which she always complains about and now I see why. Windows10 sucks balls as far as I can tell. Naturally, I want to remove all the unnecessary software, trim and enhance the system so it's reasonably responsive and operable. Windows10 seems to be fighting me every step of the way with it unresponsiveness and/or inability to cooperate. I'm ready to throw it against the wall. Just looking for a program to streamline and actually execute the uninstallation and removal of unnecessary items. Does this make no sense? Let me know.

submitted by /u/buzzkilt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/buzzkilt, Jun 28, 2024
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jun 28, 2024
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jun 28, 2024
  4. Looking for a Windows10 manager that does basic stuff.

Windows10 update damaged something, attempting repair, some advise adv

They are Operating Systems that aren't based on MS/Windows code.
    Ubuntu is a Linux Distro (there a lots of them).

You can run them from a CD/DVD/USB without installing them on your PC.
    You can choose to install them if you want (for purposes of recovering your files you won't need to).

It will take a few minutes to boot a Linux Distro from an optical disc (installed versions are at least as fast as Windows though).
    Note:
    You may need to adjust the boot order in your BIOS/UEFI, if your PC won't boot from an optical disc (or USB) by default.

Once it has booted you should see a desktop similar to Windows (or Mac) depending on the Linux Distro you've used.

I have made some screenshots of my Linux Mint 18.3 (installed & customised) setup as a guide.
    Running LM18.3 from a Live CD/DVD/USB will look different.

Step 1
    Once the Desktop appears do one of these:
    1. Double click on the Computer icon
    2. Click the File Manager icon

Looking for a Windows10 manager that does basic stuff. 1529815409t-windows10-update-damaged-something-attempting-repair-some-advise-adv-01-lm18-desktop.jpg

Step 2
    Browse to the folder that has your files
    Even though it looks different to Windows it works basically the same
    The left pane lists the drives/partitions on your machine
    The right pane shows a directory/folder tree
    You can double click on a folder to view its contents (the tree structure will start at the folder you clicked)
    Looking for a Windows10 manager that does basic stuff. 529815409t-windows10-update-damaged-something-attempting-repair-some-advise-adv-02-browse-folder.png

Step 3
    Insert a USB HDD/Stick to save your files to.
    The File Manager may open a new window showing the contents of your USB drive.
    You may prefer to copy between windows in which case you can ignore Step 4 below.

Step 4
    You can open a twin pane view to make transferring the files easier.
    1. Go to the View menu and choose "Extra Pane"
    2. Click in the new pane (right pane) and then click on your USB drive (in the left pane which is showing the drives/partitions on your machine)
    3. Click in the pane (middle) that is showing the files/folders you want to save and select them

Looking for a Windows10 manager that does basic stuff. 29815409t-windows10-update-damaged-something-attempting-repair-some-advise-adv-03-dual-pane-view.png

Step 5
    The selection process is the same as Windows (i.e. you can use the Ctrl and Shift buttons to select multiple files).
    Once you have selected the files/folders you want to save, simply drag them, or "Copy& Paste" them, into the USB drive pane/window.

lehnerus2000, Jun 28, 2024
Thema:

Looking for a Windows10 manager that does basic stuff.

1. Looking for a Windows10 manager that does basic stuff. - Similar Threads - Looking Windows10 manager

2. Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC: Hi , I have been getting multiple BSOD while doing some task on my PC Downloading a game, youtube, etc.. I've been reading the forums and trying the troubleshooting steps some people recommed but I keep getting the same issues. This is the minidump I was able to get....
  3. Looking for File Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for File Manager: I'm looking for a third-party filemanager. The default file manager for windows annoys me, my biggest issues being the lack of multiple tabs or panes and especially the fact that the Layout is not always consistent between folders. Currently I use primarily XYplorer, which I...
  4. Windows 10 Antivirus Blocking Basic Stuff

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Antivirus Blocking Basic Stuff: Hi, I had to turn off antivirus just to be able to scan from my Canon TR4522 printer. Please see screengrabs below of what I ran into. I couldn't type below them. With a fully strong WiFi signal, Win10 blocks any internet function. Can't use Edge or Explore, can't...
  5. Unknown stuff in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown stuff in device manager: I know it looks like i'm referring to literal unknown devices in device manager, but i am not. Under disk drives, there is a device called "xvd" and I have no clue what this is. If i unplug my external hard drive, and all my USB devices, it is still there. it says it's on the...
  6. Windows 10 looks basic mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 looks basic mode: I installed windows 10 this morning and it looked crisp and blue but after installing pop email everything as gone like what i can only discribe as a basic mode. Everything looks basic like the icons etc. Almost looks like its in a safe mode. Can anyone please help.[IMG]...
  7. Does anyone know how to change this from this to with icons and stuff. (So basically change...

Does anyone know how to change this from this to with icons and stuff. (So basically change...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Oovan8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqlex4/does_anyone_know_how_to_change_this_from_this_to/
  8. Looking for Window Manager

Looking for Window Manager: I'm looking for a tool or combination of tools that does the following: - Autostart applications - Automatically pin them to determined positions (think splitscreen) - Keep them fixed in the background (no minimizing) - It would be nice if i could change focus to these...
  9. Newly Installed Windows10 looks different

in Windows 10 Customization
    Newly Installed Windows10 looks different: Hello, I've been using Windows 10 for quiet awhile and I've become very familiar with the typical black taskbar with white icons. But I've just recently installed Win10 on an old laptop and the theme seems to be completely different from my PC (White theme with black icons),...
  10. Does this Disk Management screenshot look correct?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does this Disk Management screenshot look correct?: I just swapped out a 512MB SSD drive for a new 1TB SSD drive. Does this screenshot look correct? This drive (D) is only used for data. Thank you. [img] 110424