Windows 10: Looking For Advice on Fiber Install

Discus and support Looking For Advice on Fiber Install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks, This Saturday, I'm getting UVerse 1000 laid in at my house. It will actually drop my AT&T bill by $20. I'm assuming that they provide the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arelem, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Arelem Win User

Looking For Advice on Fiber Install

Hi folks,

This Saturday, I'm getting UVerse 1000 laid in at my house. It will actually drop my AT&T bill by $20.

I'm assuming that they provide the home router and other needed equipment, but I was wondering if there is anything I should upgrade.

My PC has a gigabit netcard built into the motherboard. Should I maybe forgo it and use a stand alone one?

Also, I don't think I want to use the wifi in the AT&T router, heard a bunch of horror stories with them. So I'm thinking of shutting off its wifi and buying a home router.

Can I ask for any advice or suggestions?

Thanks. *Smile

:)

Arelem, Jun 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 cannot detect network proxy for network when Troubleshoot is run - Using Google Fiber ISP

I've followed all steps indicated in threads posted and also installed a rebuild of Windows 10. Unfortunately I still receive the proxy error when I run Troubleshooter. This is for both wired and wireless connection. Additionally, I am using Google Fiber
    as my ISP. When speaking with Google Fiber support they seem to be aware of this issue from many Google fiber users that have upgraded to Windows 10. This issue didn't occur until I upgraded.

I have a case number as well with Microsoft Support.

KristenKramer, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Russ_B Win User
    Google Fiber Wifi Issues with Windows 10

Hello,

We recently got Google Fiber internet service in our home and since then my Alienware M17 laptop has been having Wifi issues. This only happens at home, when I am at work I do not get any crash errors.

I get two crash errors, KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE & ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC, the Kernal issue is the one that keeps happening mainly. Keep in mind also that I had Windows 10 prior to getting the new internet from Google Fiber and was not having this
    issue. I had windows 10 for about three weeks with no issues on Time Warner's internet. It was literally the day of google fiber install that this started happening. Gotta be something with internet... but I am not sure how to fix it. When I was setting
    up the google fiber router I did name it the same name as the previous Wifi name... but again, my wifes computer is not having the same issues.

I have Killer Ethernet/Wifi card in the Alienware M17x3

I am not sure what to do, it has crashed 5 times just trying to write this message, getting very frustrating.

Also as a heads up, I have reinstalled all new killer wifi and ethernet drivers. I have checked for updates on the Update & Recovery center, nothing there. I have also updated all of the drivers listed on the manufacturer's website for my laptop and nothing
    has changed. I am at a loss and am getting frustrated.

My wife's laptop was upgraded to windows 10 and is not having any issues. Her laptop has a Killer ethernet/wifi gigabit card also, just an older version.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Russ_B, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Looking For Advice on Fiber Install

1. Looking For Advice on Fiber Install - Similar Threads - Looking Advice Fiber

2. Looking for some tech advice.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for some tech advice.: Hey /r/windows10, Time to use this subreddit for some tech support rather than just getting neat tools I'll never use. Trying to help out my uncle with his PC and I am running into an issue that I cannot find a solution for. Their computer freezes randomly, while using it...
  3. Looking for advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for advice: Hi guys, hope y’all are doing good Can you please tell me if there’s a way to speed up windows 10? My pc has been sluggish those days and crashes a lot I have an HP laptop with intel celeron and 4 gb RAM submitted by /u/Neko-Raijin [link] [comments]...
  4. Looking for installation advice. OS/Motherboard+CPU.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for installation advice. OS/Motherboard+CPU.: So I am getting a new motherboard and cpu in a few days, going from a i5-7500 to a Ryzen 7 3700x, and when I go to format and install windows 10 64 bit home edition, should I disconnect my non-os SSD till the OS is installed and updated? The OS is going on a SSD, while my...
  5. Looking for some advice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Looking for some advice: What should I do when u get this error, c:\$SysReset\Scatch\Csrss.ex? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-some-advice/3f27847c-e942-49ef-b290-be91c9418fb4
  6. Looking for some Antivirus Advice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for some Antivirus Advice: I'd like to use a Free one before I decide if I'd like to pay for the Full Version. I'd like an Antivirus w/a good reputation, that can stop tracking cookies & pop-ups, somewhat fast but very thorough scans w/easy to read & understand results-that can also be copied to a...
  7. Could not stop 1809 install and looking for advice to back out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could not stop 1809 install and looking for advice to back out: I was reading about this update while it was installing and read about many of the issues people were having. It was too late for me to stop the install but it got to the point where I needed to restart my computer to update and I did not. I’m still on 1803 (so it seems) but...
  8. Looking for software/app advice.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for software/app advice.....: I work in the transportation industry and we have to keep a list of when and where our trucks are loading and unloading. There are 3 of us that use this information. We currently keep 3 different lists on 3 different yellow legal pads. The problem is that when one of us make...
  9. Looking for advice or suggestion.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for advice or suggestion.: I own a windows10 tablet... from the Microsoft store could you please recommend a battery status/usage/monitor app that is legit? 103193
  10. Looking for Advice on a Good PC Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking for Advice on a Good PC Monitor: Hi. Is this where I can ask about PC monitors? I'm going to buy a new screen soon, but I have no idea where to end my journey. I was hoping that I can get any advice from this forum, if it's ok? 96513