Windows 10: Looking for advice or suggestion.

Discus and support Looking for advice or suggestion. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I own a windows10 tablet... from the Microsoft store could you please recommend a battery status/usage/monitor app that is legit? 103193 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by user7654, Jan 25, 2018.

1. user7654 Win User

Looking for advice or suggestion.

I own a windows10 tablet... from the Microsoft store could you please recommend a battery status/usage/monitor app that is legit?

:)

user7654, Jan 25, 2018
  2. DKNY2012 Win User

Looking for advice for windows phone

You cant sync directly sync your Contacts and Calendar through the desktop Zune software, but what you can do is download an archive of every Contact and every Calendar event from the Hotmail web page. Since everything is synced from the phone to the Hotmail
    server already.

The advantage being you can view and edit the Calendar information in the file you download in any free application and also view and edit the Contacts file in Microsoft Excel or any free program that supports Comma Separated Values.

Calendar information export [Hotmail] -

Click on the Calendar list on the left on the Calendar which has the information you want to download and keep safe. Then click on the word "Share" button and click the name of your Calendar the name opens near the Share button. You will then be taken
    to a new web page with the words "Send people a view-only link to your calendar" written. Make sure the box next to the words is tick checked. Then underneath those words you will see "Links that show event details:", which you click on the web link next
    to the "ICS" word and then copy and paste the new web link that appears in a new box.

This web link will have "webcals" at the start of the web link. Change that part of the web link to "http" and then enter the whole web link into the browser address bar and click go. Now it will give you a file to download which has all of your Calendar
    contacts in one file.

Contact Information export [Hotmail]:

Go to the Contacts section of Hotmail and then click on the "Manage" button. Now click on "Export" from the menu that comes up. This will then give you a file to download in .CSV format for you to download which has all of your Contacts and is able to
    be viewed in Microsoft Excel aswell as any other application that supports Comma Separated Values

Using these files you can import all information back to Hotmail server if needed.

DKNY2012, Jan 25, 2018
  3. Looking for advice for windows phone

As DKNY2012 said, you can't sync directly but you can change your frame of mind. I used to only want to sync locally but since smart phones started shifting to clouds I got used to it. In a lot of ways, it's a lot better once you get passed the "syncing
    locally"

Shoey5---01, Jan 25, 2018
  4. debsawyer Win User

debsawyer, Jan 26, 2018
  5. user7654 Win User
    user7654, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Looking for advice or suggestion. - Similar Threads - Looking advice suggestion

2. Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for suggestions on DLP and VAPT: Hi. I work for a small company of about 10-15 remote workers. We have at least 3 physical and 10 virtual servers. We are looking to implement a DLP policy in addition to performing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing. We have one server that is Linux with the...
  3. Looking for some tech advice.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for some tech advice.: Hey /r/windows10, Time to use this subreddit for some tech support rather than just getting neat tools I'll never use. Trying to help out my uncle with his PC and I am running into an issue that I cannot find a solution for. Their computer freezes randomly, while using it...
  4. Looking for advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for advice: Hi guys, hope y’all are doing good Can you please tell me if there’s a way to speed up windows 10? My pc has been sluggish those days and crashes a lot I have an HP laptop with intel celeron and 4 gb RAM submitted by /u/Neko-Raijin [link] [comments]...
  5. Looking for some advice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Looking for some advice: What should I do when u get this error, c:\$SysReset\Scatch\Csrss.ex? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-some-advice/3f27847c-e942-49ef-b290-be91c9418fb4
  6. Looking for some Antivirus Advice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for some Antivirus Advice: I'd like to use a Free one before I decide if I'd like to pay for the Full Version. I'd like an Antivirus w/a good reputation, that can stop tracking cookies & pop-ups, somewhat fast but very thorough scans w/easy to read & understand results-that can also be copied to a...
  7. Looking for suggestions

Looking for suggestions: Hello everyone, I am currently using Bitdefender and Norton. I am having issues with Bitdefender as it slows down my system a lot. Should I uninstall it and run Norton alongside Windows Defender? Would that be fine? I am not sure which one to uninstall (Bitdefender or...
  8. PC stolen, looking for suggestions

PC stolen, looking for suggestions: Hi, I've had my desktop PC stolen. I believe the windows account has been signed in from the new owner but I would like to remotely wipe the device or otherwise encrypt data. Thanks....
  9. Looking for software/app advice.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for software/app advice.....: I work in the transportation industry and we have to keep a list of when and where our trucks are loading and unloading. There are 3 of us that use this information. We currently keep 3 different lists on 3 different yellow legal pads. The problem is that when one of us make...
  10. Looking For Advice on Fiber Install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking For Advice on Fiber Install: Hi folks, This Saturday, I'm getting UVerse 1000 laid in at my house. It will actually drop my AT&T bill by $20. I'm assuming that they provide the home router and other needed equipment, but I was wondering if there is anything I should upgrade. My PC has a gigabit...