Windows 10: Looking for antivirus with more user choice.

Discus and support Looking for antivirus with more user choice. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I am currently using Bitdefender, and one of my biggest complaints is that when Bitdefender thinks it finds malware, it either auto deletes it, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/airwall_1981, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Looking for antivirus with more user choice.

So I am currently using Bitdefender, and one of my biggest complaints is that when Bitdefender thinks it finds malware, it either auto deletes it, or auto-quarantines it. This creates a lot of hassle since these events have always been false positives, and sometimes the file becomes corrupted when I remove it from Bitdefender's quarantine, meaning I have to re-download it and hope I can add it to exceptions before Bitdefender flags it again.

So what, in your opinions, are the best antiviruses that gives the user choice as to what to do when a threat is detected?

submitted by /u/airwall_1981
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/airwall_1981, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Looking for antivirus with more user choice.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Looking for antivirus with more user choice.

1. Looking for antivirus with more user choice. - Similar Threads - Looking antivirus more

2. Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for a good free antivirus for windows 10.: Is there a good free antivirus recommendable for Windows 10. Not sure if the Defender which comes with Windows 10 is good enough https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-a-good-free-antivirus-for-windows-10/40ab8912-55cb-403e-99b3-36f905e398c0
  3. VLC alternative with more Win10ish looks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLC alternative with more Win10ish looks?: Hi there, I just wanted to ask you all, if there's an alternative to VLC media player that looks more in line with Windows 10. So basically a version of the movies & tv app with support for DTS and stuff! Greets submitted by /u/ZeppelinSF [link] [comments]...
  4. New to Windows, looking for antivirus

New to Windows, looking for antivirus: As the title says, I am new to Windows. Switched from the great Apple lol, but I really need a good antivirus software and am not sure which to get. All my friends have told me Bitdefender and Malwarebytes are all I need, but I prob trust you guys more haha. So, do you all...
  5. Antivirus choice

Antivirus choice: Hi i got very disappointed with Windows Defender, it kept deleting files, which I knew to be safe, so disabled everything about it I could find.then I began the search for a replacement. I can’t afford yearly subscriptions, so looked for free alternatives. I am unable to...
  6. Looking for a Video Editor Choices....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a Video Editor Choices....: Windows 10 Pro, UHD monitor, i5-3570k with 8gig Ram I'm looking for a basic video editor that I can convert pictures and some old videos in a few formats vob, mp2, avi to make a new movie dvd for the family. It would be nice to have one that I'm able to easily correct basic...
  7. Looking for some Antivirus Advice

Looking for some Antivirus Advice: I'd like to use a Free one before I decide if I'd like to pay for the Full Version. I'd like an Antivirus w/a good reputation, that can stop tracking cookies & pop-ups, somewhat fast but very thorough scans w/easy to read & understand results-that can also be copied to a...
  8. Antivirus choice?

Antivirus choice?: Hello, I'm looking for a free antivirus. Open to all suggestions. I don't visit dangerous sites or download bad stuff (I use common sense) but still would like a good antivirus. What matters most to me is that it's low on resource use as I only have 8Gb of RAM. Any...
  9. Looking for more memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for more memory: I want to buy & install more RAM in my PC. I currently have 16 gigs (8x2) and want to maximize it to 64 gigs. I guess that means I gotta get four 16gig sticks. I looked at Newegg and found these Crucials for around $500. Crucial 64GB CT4K16G4DFD8266 - Newegg.com Tomorrow is...
  10. Providing customers with more choice and control in Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Providing customers with more choice and control in Creators Update: Customers continue to tell us that they want the best possible experience – including the latest features, apps, and security capabilities – when they use their Windows 10 devices. We designed Windows 10 to automatically keep devices up to date with the latest updates. Since...