Windows 10: Looking for App or Information for using Computer with cell phone

Discus and support Looking for App or Information for using Computer with cell phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi - Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction. Currently I use an inexpensive cell phone (Verizon) in connection with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rfdes, Feb 23, 2020.

1. rfdes Win User

Looking for App or Information for using Computer with cell phone

Hi -
    Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction. Currently I use an inexpensive cell phone (Verizon) in connection with my wireless landline system. This Panasonic wireless phone easily Bluetooth links to my cheap cell phone and I am able to use my wireless phone to communicate with my cell phone. I have a small home business and would like to use my desktop computer (with Bluetooth/microphone/speaker) to act in the same manner as my Panasonic wireless phone. I am not interested in transferring files, etc. Only phone communicattions.

Seems easy enough with the right software but I cannot seem to find what I am looking for. Does anyone have an suggestions on what I need to do?

thanks for any help you may offer.
    Jim

:)

rfdes, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 23, 2020
  3. twilyth Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Looking for App or Information for using Computer with cell phone

California to Ban Cell Phones/Laptops/Mobile Devices on Road

Ive almost been hit 100 times by folks talking on their damn cell phones and not paying attention. About time someone stepped up and did something.

WarEagleAU, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Looking for App or Information for using Computer with cell phone

1. Looking for App or Information for using Computer with cell phone - Similar Threads - Looking App Information

2. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  3. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  4. One Drive and Cell Phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive and Cell Phone: I am getting an error message on my Android phone telling me that I am critically low on space. When I check the folder, it's showing multiple one drive folders. I use One Drive on my PC, but have no wish to store the files on my cell. How can I unsync the cell phone from One...
  5. Your Phone app using cell phone microphone instead of PC microphone

Your Phone app using cell phone microphone instead of PC microphone: Using the Your Phone app on my laptop - When placing/receiving calls, the audio comes through my PC speakers, however the app is using my cell phone's microphone instead of either my laptops internal microphone, or my Blue Snowball mic which works on every other app I have...
  6. Can't add Cell Phone To Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add Cell Phone To Account: To verify my ID when signing in to my MS account it asks to send a code to my email address or my land line phone. When I try to add my cell phone number to my Contact profile, it states that number is already taken. Also, I do not see even my land line number listed. I do...
  7. YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

in Windows 10 Support
    YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell: Had this working last year on a different cell and number. YourPhone does not recognize the new cell. I am thinking that it is trying to link to the old one. The new cell has the APP installed and it says Your Phone And Pc Are Connected. What to do!!! Is there a way to give...
  8. Assure use pin instead of passwords on cell phone

Assure use pin instead of passwords on cell phone: I just got a message to download an ASSURE app for phone so I can use a pin instead of remembering all password. I already did this to my desktop computer, MSN is my provider & home page, BUT how do I enter a pin on the phone, so I do not have to remember passwords? my...
  9. ? mysterious cell phone in device manager ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ? mysterious cell phone in device manager ?: Hi, I'm a retired programmer but I'm a little behind on all this wireless stuff. My suburb is way out in the mountains and only about half the people own cell phones because reception is so awful. I don't own one myself. Anyway I was in Device Manager today and saw a...
  10. Cell phone integration

in Windows 10 Support
    Cell phone integration: Is there any way to get cell phone apps working from within Windows? Example: would like to use PC keyboard to type messages in WhatsApp. TIA 59437